dcsimg

Food and Drink – On and Off the Jobsite

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 1,013 total)
  • Author
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Does anyone here drink a health liquid for lunch instead of real food . I’m think of trying some brand . Tired of feeling full and not being able to move lol .

I’ve been having the Dymatize Nutrition drink ISO whey protein. 40 grams of protein per drink and seems to really give me a boost!

@jkirk
    probably know more about it

A Working Pro since 2004

Made smoothies all weekend ,
    Milk
    Two yogurt
    One banana
    1cup of strawberries
    A couple of big scoops of chocolate ice cream
    1/4 cup of oats

Pretty filling

Oats in a smoothie? Never seen that. Do you mean like Quaker Oats? Do they get stuck in the straw?

I do. Just oats – rolled, quick, whatever. The blender turns them to dust which gives nice body

And makes it more filling

Finally tried a smoothie with Quaker Oats. It’s OK! Thanks for the tip Eric!

Any time. I really like how filling it is

Does anyone here drink a health liquid for lunch instead of real food . I’m think of trying some brand . Tired of feeling full and not being able to move lol .

I’ve been having the Dymatize Nutrition drink ISO whey protein. 40 grams of protein per drink and seems to really give me a boost!

@jkirk probably know more about it

Those sound good Chris,
    Where do you buy them, is that the name iso protein drink.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i dont drink them for lunch but i do make my own after a workout, i use whey protein isolate, glutamine and creatine mixed with milk, half a banana and blue berries.

the protein is for repairing muscle, glutamine is a recovery agent which speeds reduces “D.O.M.S” DELAYED ONSET MUSCLE SORENESS, creatine helps with recovery and also helps develop strength

some of the premade drinks can taste very chalky and some taste really good but can be quite expensive

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Doobie

Milk
    Two yogurt
    One banana
    1cup of strawberries
    1/4 cup of oats

Pretty filling

Oats in a smoothie? Never seen that. Do you mean like Quaker Oats? Do they get stuck in the straw?

I do. Just oats – rolled, quick, whatever. The blender turns them to dust which gives nice body

It does make it thicker. And it also tends to not seperate if you leave your drink sitting around a while. Both my wife and son didn’t notice a taste difference, just a thicker texture. I like it and I think I’ll keep doing this on a go forward basis. It’s more nutritional too.

Milk
    Two yogurt
    One banana
    1cup of strawberries
    1/4 cup of oats

Pretty filling

It does make it thicker. And it also tends to not seperate if you leave your drink sitting around a while. Both my wife and son didn’t notice a taste difference, just a thicker texture. I like it and I think I’ll keep doing this on a go forward basis. It’s more nutritional too.

Good idea, I make mine about the same but always include some organic kale or spinach, really can’t taste it. Havn’t tried the oatmeal,

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Spun a chicken on my new JoeTisserie. It’s a cool little contraption for the KamadoJoe grill. They say it will fit the green egg too.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Spun a chicken on my new JoeTisserie. It’s a cool little contraption for the KamadoJoe grill. They say it will fit the green egg too.

Wow that looks delicious Ron,
    Must be nice and crispy the skin, but I’m sure that it’s nice and juicy inside,
    Good job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I would like to give that a try on the egg. I guess closing the lid is not an option lol

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

That looks delicious Ron . Looks like you eat well down there!
    Would like to put a rotisserie in my fireplace.

Doobie

Yummy! I’ve done it also with some thick slices of Danish bacon strapped around the outside. Extra basting flavour.

Shoving a cut up lemon inside is another cool flavour option.

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I smoked two Boston Butts on my Kamado Joe for Memorial Day. Put them on at 10PM Sunday night and pulled them off at 1pm Monday. They cooked at 225-235 for 15 hrs. Sure were tasty!

Ron

I smoked two Boston Butts on my Kamado Joe for Memorial Day. Put them on at 10PM Sunday night and pulled them off at 1pm Monday. They cooked at 225-235 for 15 hrs. Sure were tasty!

Wow Ron, you really have been cooking lol
    Thanks now I’m starving again lol
    Seriously looks great

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Good eats, Ron. It’s been a while since I’ve done butts; thanks for the reminder.

What rub do you use for those?

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

On one I used Hogs N Heat Mild & Savory rub.
    And the other got a combo of Meat Church’s. Honey Hog Hot BBQ rub and Deez Nuts pecan rub.
    Both turned out real good and everyone raved about them. I preferred the Meat Church one. While my wife liked the other better. lol

Ron

Attachments:
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

And the other got a combo of Meat Church’s. Honey Hog Hot BBQ rub and Deez Nuts pecan rub.
    Both turned out real good and everyone raved about them. I preferred the Meat Church one. While my wife liked the other better. lol

Thanks, Ron, I’m gonna have to ask my Nashville connection to bring some of that up to us next trip.

Doobie

So that’s where my kid gets that “Deez Nuts!” he says all the time. Go figure!

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Thanks, Ron, I’m gonna have to ask my Nashville connection to bring some of that up to us next trip.

Not sure how often you go to Toronto? But I hear great things about Dickson Barbeque Centre. And they sell the Meat Church products.

Dickson Barbeque Centre
    2030 Avenue Road
    Toronto, Ontario M5M 4A4
    Canada
    http://www.dicksonbbq.com

Ron

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Not sure how often you go to Toronto? But I hear great things about Dickson Barbeque Centre. And they sell the Meat Church products.

Dickson Barbeque Centre
    2030 Avenue Road
    Toronto, Ontario M5M 4A4
    Canada
    http://www.dicksonbbq.com

I know that place but it’s been years since I have been in there. I will check it out for sure. Thanks for the link, @ronw

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 1,013 total)
  • The topic ‘Food and Drink – On and Off the Jobsite’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.282 seconds