dcsimg

Food and drink – on and off the job site Volume 2

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

smallerstick wrote:
    Doobie wrote:
    Had a yen for Tarte au Sucre (sugar pie), so I made a couple. Real quick desert. Start to finish is less than an hour.

Brown sugar or maple syrup?

Just brown sugar, eggs, flour, condensed milk, salt, vanilla and butter.

I’ve never had a sugar pie. I know they’re popular with the Amish and Pa Dutch around here with different but similar recipes and cinnamon is a must. One of these days I’ll have to make one, just have to pick a recipe and see how it turns out

Doobie

smallerstick wrote:
    Doobie wrote:
    Had a yen for Tarte au Sucre (sugar pie), so I made a couple. Real quick desert. Start to finish is less than an hour.

I’ve never had a sugar pie. I know they’re popular with the Amish and Pa Dutch around here with different but similar recipes and cinnamon is a must. One of these days I’ll have to make one, just have to pick a recipe and see how it turns out

I know when I’ve mentioned eating sugar pie to people over the years that many think, ‘Eewe gross’, but it’s really rather good once you try it. I can’t recall anybody not liking it once they’ve actually tried it, including my wife.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

smallerstick wrote:
    Doobie wrote:

I know when I’ve mentioned eating sugar pie to people over the years that many think, ‘Eewe gross’, but it’s really rather good once you try it. I can’t recall anybody not liking it once they’ve actually tried it, including my wife.

I don’t doubt I’d like it. It’s like a molasses pie without the molasses

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

smallerstick wrote:
    Doobie wrote:

One of my favorite is sugar pie.
    The first one would be apple pie.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

They look pretty good. It doesn’t take too long to make either.
    I remember have having maple syrup pie once. It was really good.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

just have to pick a recipe and see how it turns out

I’d cook off some bacon and add it in. It can’t hurt. It can only improve it.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Well it is that time of year again. Stopped off at buddies place and picked up 6 50lb bag of potatoes. On the way home I stopped at the Apple Store for apples. I picked up 15 lbs of Honey Crisp and 15 lbs of Empire apples.

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Well it is that time of year again. Stopped off at buddies place and picked up 6 50lb bag of potatoes. On the way home I stopped at the Apple Store for apples. I picked up 15 lbs of Honey Crisp and 15 lbs of Empire apples.

For your shop?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

For your shop?

Yes the the potatoes are stored in my shop right now! Plus I like to have apple while having break while working in the shop.

Thanks for asking!

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Plus I like to have apple while having break while working in the shop.

I love a cold apple in my lunch box, I take 2 or 3 with to work every day depending on the size.

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Love me some avocado

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/10/11/maui-familys-world-record-holding-avocado-made-guacamole-enough/

Dirty

Love me some avocado

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/10/11/maui-familys-world-record-holding-avocado-made-guacamole-enough/

Holy jumping , that’s huge
    I love avacados , I eat them regularly

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Plus I like to have apple while having break while working in the shop.

I love a cold apple in my lunch box, I take 2 or 3 with to work every day depending on the size.

I usually take a apple in my lunch box also.
    I took a picture of a Honey Crisp apple I got yesterday.

Greg

Yesterday had some nice rib eye steak on the grill , we made a nice beef and barely soup , and of course can’t forget those perogies in fried butter 🤤🤤

Doobie

Love me some avocado

Holy jumping , that’s huge
    I love avacados , I eat them regularly

Same here. I make guacamole frequently. Great helthy snack sittin in front of the TV.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Yesterday had some nice rib eye steak on the grill , we made a nice beef and barely soup , and of course can’t forget those perogies in fried butter 🤤🤤

It looks like a lot of cholesterol 😀

It looks like a lot of cholesterol 😀

Haha yup , but happy cholesterol 😁

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Your soup looks good ! Would hit the spot here today. It’s damp, dreary and cool.

We did a little more canning yesterday

Attachments:

Your soup looks good ! Would hit the spot here today. It’s damp, dreary and cool.

We did a little more canning yesterday

Thanks , it’s definitely nice on these cooler fall days
    Man you be guys are going to be well stocked , nothing like homemade food 👍 looks great , do you add any basil

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Thanks , it’s definitely nice on these cooler fall days
    Man you be guys are going to be well stocked , nothing like homemade food looks great , do you add any basil

Of course we do, along with peppers, onions, celery and garlic. A touch of chili pepper and sugar bring it all together.

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘Food and drink – on and off the job site Volume 2’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.950 seconds