dcsimg

Food and drink – on and off the job site Volume 2

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author

Geeze that is a nice little haul , are those pickles sweet or sour everything looks delicious.

That’s not the “haul”, just a few pics I took along the way. We have just short of 5 cases of tomatoes, diced and stewed, canned so far. Pickles are dill and bread and butter. Wife took entire 1st picking of banana peppers to work and gave them away, we still have a case of pepper rings and a case of relish from last season. Same with bell peppers, she took 2 reuseable grocery bags filled to work and just picked another bag full yesterday. Have enough romas picked right now to get about 2 cases canned and have to pick again today.

Dang it , I love me some pickles , either way drills 🤤🤤or bread and butter , those peppers look great. Nothing better than homemade bottled condImints or side of pickled peppers or so. Do you have a specific place to keep them , cold room or pantry

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Geeze that is a nice little haul , are those pickles sweet or sour everything looks delicious.

That’s not the “haul”, just a few pics I took along the way. We have just short of 5 cases of tomatoes, diced and stewed, canned so far. Pickles are dill and bread and butter. Wife took entire 1st picking of banana peppers to work and gave them away, we still have a case of pepper rings and a case of relish from last season. Same with bell peppers, she took 2 reuseable grocery bags filled to work and just picked another bag full yesterday. Have enough romas picked right now to get about 2 cases canned and have to pick again today.

Dang it , I love me some pickles , either way drills 🤤🤤or bread and butter , those peppers look great. Nothing better than homemade bottled condImints or side of pickled peppers or so. Do you have a specific place to keep them , cold room or pantry

Yes, pantry, but all the shelves are full. Have to reorganize and do some downsizing. Freezers are full too LOL

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My tomato plants are starting to die off. Gonna look for an old spicy green tomato relish recipe to deal with what won’t rippen off of them.

Ran out of jars on Saturday, so ordered 3 more cases and not sure if that will be enough.

Shoot, that’s right. I don’t think I have any jars left for them.

I wonder if Amazon sells them cheaper than at a discount grocer?

And is there anything easier nowadays than the whole boiling of the jars process for preserves?

Sometimes you can find jars on sale at Home Hardware. Not sure if you have one near you.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Yes, pantry, but all the shelves are full. Have to reorganize and do some downsizing. Freezers are full too LOL

Haha wow sounds like it was a successful year , I’m sending you my address to ship some of the jars out to me lol.
    What about adding some shelves in the basement someplace.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I stopped by a bakery and picked up a Lilikoi Malasada and a maple donut covered in BACON!!!! OMG!!!!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I stopped by a bakery and picked up a Lilikoi Malasada and a maple donut covered in BACON!!!! OMG!!!!

Man that maple bacon donut sure looks tasty. 🤩Sure hope that donut house is way out of your way. Or else I can see a few extra pounds being put on over the winter. 😂

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Lilikoi Malasada

Wow that is alot of bacon on that maple donut. I can’t say I have ever had bacon on a maple donut.
    Do you get maple syrup over there?

Greg

Doobie

I’d be afraid to try that. I just love maple syrop and bacon. Very Canadian menu items for us here in Canada.

Gotta say, my favorite all time donut is a Boston cream filled donut. Just love those.

LoL 🤤🤤 BACON
    I stopped by our Tim Hortons for grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches can’t get enough bacon

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

can’t get enough bacon

LOL!!!

Dirty

can’t get enough bacon

LOL!!!

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”How To Make A BLT” width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/OtdjqzjA-RY?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Haha yeah that’s pretty much it for me lmao

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

can’t get enough bacon

LOL!!!

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”How To Make A BLT” width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/OtdjqzjA-RY?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

All that needs is a side of …. bacon! mmmmm

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

Had a yen for Tarte au Sucre (sugar pie), so I made a couple. Real quick desert. Start to finish is less than an hour.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Had a yen for Tarte au Sucre (sugar pie), so I made a couple. Real quick desert. Start to finish is less than an hour.

Brown sugar or maple syrup?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

IS there bacon inside???

Dirty

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Today is youngest daughter’s birthday. So we went for dinner after hockey game. I had bread chicken fingers & fries. It was pretty good.

Greg

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

We did some more canning today. Cooked down a bunch of Romas, ran them through the food processor, strained them and cooked them down some more. Got 6 pints and saved some for dinner. Wife made sausage with peppers and onions.

Nothing better than going out the back door and picking fresh veggies to use in your meals

We did some more canning today. Cooked down a bunch of Romas, ran them through the food processor, strained them and cooked them down some more. Got 6 pints and saved some for dinner. Wife made sausage with peppers and onions.

Nothing better than going out the back door and picking fresh veggies to use in your meals

Looks great , sausage and peppers and onions are just too darn good
    One of our favorite at home
    Do you do it in the pan or oven
    Yeah I miss my garden , I should find a spot and put one In , I think I’ll do one of those raised one’s.

Doobie

Brown sugar or maple syrup?

Just brown sugar, eggs, flour, condensed milk, salt, vanilla and butter.

IS there bacon inside???

Nope. Never heard of doin’ it with bacon myself.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Looks great , sausage and peppers and onions are just too darn good
    One of our favorite at home
    Do you do it in the pan or oven
    Yeah I miss my garden , I should find a spot and put one In , I think I’ll do one of those raised one’s.

Pan, oven or crock pot.

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘Food and drink – on and off the job site Volume 2’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.161 seconds