dcsimg

Food and drink – on and off the job site Volume 2

This topic contains 674 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 1 day, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 675 total)
  • Author

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

ronw oh man those dumplings look great.

If you only knew how good they really are Brian. I have not eaten any even close to how good reruns wife makes them.

she makes 3 things that cant be beat dumplings eggrolls and fried rice

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

If you only knew how good they really are Brian. I have not eaten any even close to how good reruns wife makes them.

And I love all of those, sounds great,

Having my night cap lol, good night guys

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Scotch on the rocks. I have never tried it this way. I have tried it with mix many years ago and I didn’t like it. I know lots of people who do. Looks like a nice drink. Enjoy!

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

You must of had more than one. Everything is sideways. LMAO

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

You must of had more than one. Everything is sideways. LMAO

Haha Lmao, maybe 😉

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

Scotch on the rocks. I have never tried it this way. I have tried it with mix many years ago and I didn’t like it. I know lots of people who do. Looks like a nice drink. Enjoy!

I’m more of a tequila man I do like Patron maybe more than I should

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Never really was a scotch man myself, but a few years back, I started to enjoy it,
    When we bought this house, the agent gave us a bottle of scotch with maple syrup, oh man was that good, just a hint of sweetness, so now what I do is add a 1/4 teaspoon of maple syrup, darn good 🙂

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Never really was a scotch man myself, but a few years back, I started to enjoy it,
    When we bought this house, the agent gave us a bottle of scotch with maple syrup, oh man was that good, just a hint of sweetness, so now what I do is add a 1/4 teaspoon of maple syrup, darn good

Not sure about adding anything to whisky. I like it straight. Maybe a piece of ice , but definitely not sweet.

Ron

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

When we bought this house, the agent gave us a bottle of scotch with maple syrup, oh man was that good, just a hint of sweetness, so now what I do is add a 1/4 teaspoon of maple syrup, darn good

Not sure about adding anything to whisky. I like it straight. Maybe a piece of ice , but definitely not sweet.

We had Bushmills on sale last night,,, The Black Bush cost more that the Red Bush,, So I drank the Red Bush. It was rather sweet too.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Making Rouladen right now. I make this during the winter months once or twice a season, and with winter winding down it was time. I was taught how to make this by my teenaged friends German mom decades ago. My wife loves this dish. Gonna let it simmer in Heineken now for about an hour or so. I get the meat at a German butcher along with the Dutch bacon for it.

Alex @madman_us likely knows this dish.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Making Rouladen right now. I make this during the winter months once or twice a season, and with winter winding down it was time. I was taught how to make this by my teenaged friends German mom decades ago. My wife loves this dish. Gonna let it simmer now for about an hour or so.

That looks amazing. When will it be ready?

It is better to remain silent and be thought stupid than to open your mouth and remove all traces of doubt.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Making Rouladen right now. I make this during the winter months once or twice a season, and with winter winding down it was time. I was taught how to make this by my teenaged friends German mom decades ago. My wife loves this dish. Gonna let it simmer in Heineken now for about an hour or so. I get the meat at a German butcher along with the Dutch bacon for it.

Alex madman_us likely knows this dish.

heck yeah I know that dish. it’s freaking delicious, but there are many ways to make them. my grandma made the best ones in the world 😀
    enjoy them!!! yours look good

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

When we bought this house, the agent gave us a bottle of scotch with maple syrup, oh man was that good, just a hint of sweetness, so now what I do is add a 1/4 teaspoon of maple syrup, darn good 🙂

That sounds interesting. That would give it a different flavor.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Making Rouladen right now. I make this during the winter months once or twice a season, and with winter winding down it was time. I was taught how to make this by my teenaged friends German mom decades ago. My wife loves this dish. Gonna let it simmer now for about an hour or so.

That looks amazing. When will it be ready?

Haha yeah, Bosch BTP meet up at kevins for supper lol
    That looks delicious Kevin

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Oh no Ron, I don’t add a lot, just a little little bit, I usually pour a tall glass, add the maple syrup, and stir, then pour into the smaller glass, you could be right, haha lol maybe I did have more than of! That’s why my picture was sideways lol
    It just gives it a hint of maple syrup, very slightly

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

heck yeah I know that dish. it’s freaking delicious, but there are many ways to make them. my grandma made the best ones in the world 😀

It’s real comfort food imo. Some use hot mustard versus regular mustard which I’ve never tried. Also some have celery and carrots in the simmer broth, but we prefer mushrooms. I sometimes make spaetzle for it, but mostly just serve it with mash potatoes which we are waiting on right now to finish boiling. Why is it some potatoes take forever to boil and some don’t?

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

It’s real comfort food imo. Some use hot mustard versus regular mustard which I’ve never tried. Also some have celery and carrots in the simmer broth, but we prefer mushrooms. I sometimes make spaetzle for it, but mostly just serve it with mash potatoes which we are waiting on right now to finish boiling. Why is it some potatoes take forever to boil and some don’t?

love German food my favorite was jaeger schnitzel and pomme fritz or as there called here fries had that back in the 80 when I was in Germany in the Army

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Here it is already being devoured until I realized I should take a pic.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Here it is already being devoured until I realized I should take a pic.

TABAR lol, that looks amazing,
    Nice job Kevin,

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Oh no Ron, I don’t add a lot, just a little little bit, I usually pour a tall glass, add the maple syrup, and stir, then pour into the smaller glass, you could be right, haha lol maybe I did have more than of! That’s why my picture was sideways lol
    It just gives it a hint of maple syrup, very slightly

Might not be bad if not real sweet. I have tried a couple different Whiskeys that had flavor like honey. And I didn’t care for them at all…

Ron

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 675 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 5.208 seconds