dcsimg

Food and drink – on and off the job site Volume 2

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I had a Birthday BBQ for wife last night, her Birthday was today, but the steaks were a big hit, beef tenderloin just prior to the grill.

Oh man, those look just amazing. Do you add any spice or sauce to them?

oh man i just i picked up a Weber smokey mountain, can’t wait to break it in. I think it was you that was really in to the bbq right. I ended up picking up the smaller one so it would be portable to and from.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I used one of those toaster racks on the camp stove to make toast this morning. It makes a nice piece of toast.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I used one of those toaster racks on the camp stove to make toast this morning. It makes a nice piece of toast.

very nice golden crust on it, ok the middle portion looks crunchy 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

I had a Birthday BBQ for wife last night, her Birthday was today, but the steaks were a big hit, beef tenderloin just prior to the grill.

oh man i just i picked up a Weber smokey mountain, can’t wait to break it in. I think it was you that was really in to the bbq right. I ended up picking up the smaller one so it would be portable to and from.

@ronw
    is also a big smoker. I gotta get one some day myself. I was thinking of a Komodo Joe actually. People say they are better than the Big Green Eggs.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

ronw is also a big smoker. I gotta get one some day myself. I was thinking of a Komodo Joe actually. People say they are better than the Big Green Eggs.

I do like my Kamado Joe. Has a few nice features over the Green egg. And the owner(Bobby Brennan) is a great guy who cares about making the best cooker he can.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

A lot of us learned to BBQ on WSMs or similar bullet smokers. I still have my old one, it gets a workout a couple of times a season. You’re gonna love cooking on it.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

very nice golden crust on it, ok the middle portion looks crunchy 😛

The middle might have been a little crunchy. Still made a pretty good sandwich.

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well with the countries oldest china town just down the street good dim sum isn’t far way.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Well with the countries oldest china town just down the street good dim sum isn’t far way.

That sure looks tasty…

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Oh yeah, that looks delicious.
    The closest I can get to that I believe would be easily 40 minutes drive to the downtown China Town in Montreal, I used to deliver chicken and pigs plus other stuff to the China Town food district here for my brother in law, when they had the slaughter house /farm

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

man that dim sum looks amazing. do you guys have soup dumplings? if you guys can get that, it is the absolute best, i can usually sit down and eat a dozen or two

I had some locally harvested eastern white ( or northern white) cedar planks so I re-sawed them for use on the BBQ. Then we had my brother and sister in-law over to celebrate their 30th anniversary so I filleted a whole salmon and cooked it on a 1/4 in thick cedar blank – Everyone loved it.

Will

Since it was a special occasion I also made a batch of my maple crème brulee, this is them fresh out of the oven prior to chilling and caramelizing the tops with sugar.

Will

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Had popcorn made over the campfire tonight. It was pretty good.

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I had some locally harvested eastern white ( or northern white) cedar planks so I re-sawed them for use on the BBQ. Then we had my brother and sister in-law over to celebrate their 30th anniversary so I filleted a whole salmon and cooked it on a 1/4 in thick cedar blank – Everyone loved it.

Since it was a special occasion I also made a batch of my maple crème brulee, this is them fresh out of the oven prior to chilling and caramelizing the tops with sugar.

Will, you’re the man! That looks just amazing. Cedar planked salmon is one of my all time favs and you do desert too. Is there no limit to your talent?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

@wbembrid wow Will, that looked like an amazing meal, congrats to your brother and sister in law
    Nice to have locally harvested salmon like that. Did you soak the cedar board under water before putting it on the grill.

Thanks man! I appreciate the compliment, my wife prefers to say that I have several expensive hobbies including good food 🙂

Will, you’re the man! That looks just amazing. Cedar planked salmon is one of my all time favs and you do desert too. Is there no limit to your talent?

Will

@wbembrid wow Will, that looked like an amazing meal, congrats to your brother and sister in law
    Nice to have locally harvested salmon like that. Did you soak the cedar board under water before putting it on the grill.

Yes we find soaking the boards prevents fires but still allows for some smoke and good flavour.

Will

Doobie

Haven’t had a good creme brulee in a long time. Done right, they are so yummy! Umph!

Yes we find soaking the boards prevents fires but still allows for some smoke and good flavour.

Definitely right about that,
    Those boards are amazing,

Haha I laughed about the comment you made to Peter about the expensive hobbies lol

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘Food and drink – on and off the job site Volume 2’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.300 seconds