dcsimg

Food and drink – on and off the job site Volume 2

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Hand cut fries with a serving on the side of quite frankly a made from scratch beef gravy that is totally awesomely delicious along with an order of smoked steak bombs at the local “Rose” pub near where I live.

This is my “Rose” as opposed to Dirty’s in Waikiki and is where I first discovered and also started making steak bombs myself although not smoked. Dirty would like this place.

Those steak bombs look tasty.

Ron……I’m surpised you haven’t undertaken them yet. Bitable bacon wrapped stuffed cream cheese tasties with centers of marinated steak. Yummy snack!

Oh yea they are on my to cook list.

This guy had the best video on them I could find when I first went to make them.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/GQZu7xoWF5U?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=”” width=”770″ height=”433″ frameborder=”0″></iframe></figure>
    While he marinates the steak in advance of making them, it is not necessary even with cheaper cuts of beef. I do it sometimes and other tikes I don’t. No huge difference.

Buy cheap bacon and let it get near room temp. Makes them easier to wrap. The bacon is nice and stretchable that way.

I actually figured out what each bomb costs me roughly. It’s about a buck a bomb doin 30 to 40 at a time.

They’re even tastier cooked in a smoker like the pub down the street startin doin them. I may get a smoker myself at some point and do just that myself. Currently, I use a ribbed bottom cast iron pan to cook them in the oven at 333F. Gotta turn them every 20 mins or so. The bacon will tend to burn black rather than crumble if you cook at too high a temp or leave them in too long. They’re still quite edible even when overcooked to black.
    Each batch takes about an hour.

And let them cool a little bit. The cream cheese when they first come out is hot like lava.

Make a Siracha mayo dip to dunk them in.

Have you cleared the bombs with your cardiologist???? Well did you???

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

And yes, I am very fortunate to have great neighbors, I’m hoping they say that same for me lol

I am sure they do or you wouldn’t got the cheese cake. I is good to have good neighbors.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Have you cleared the bombs with your cardiologist???? Well did you???

I’ve always been a seefood eater….I see food I would like to eat, I eat it!

😉

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Stopped at the Cheese Factory yesterday for some curd. I decided to treat myself to old cheese.

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Stopped at the Cheese Factory yesterday for some curd. I decided to treat myself to old cheese.

If I stopped to take a picture of curds in this house, it would be gone before I could snap the shutter. That’s some good cheese!

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

If I stopped to take a picture of curds in this house, it would be gone before I could snap the shutter. That’s some good cheese!

You guys ever make your own poutine with them?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

We do but I think poutine still tastes best served from a chip truck. Something about street food that’s hard to beat.

Oh yeah, love cheese, especially that old strong cheese,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

No one was home when I took this one. It is good cheese.

Yes we do sometimes.

We do but I think poutine still tastes best served from a chip truck. Something about street food that’s hard to beat.

I think you are right it taste better from a chip truck.

Oh yeah, love cheese, especially that old strong cheese,

I love cheese too. We are still lucky we have a few Cheese factories in our area.

Greg

Last night was burgers and hotdogs on the BBQ, didn’t have the hotdogs on yet
    Made a few little ones for our dogs,
    The poor little guy on the right (pickles) my wife named him lol
    He is almost 12 and has lost his eye sight.
    But he definitely still loves to eat

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Last night was burgers and hotdogs on the BBQ, didn’t have the hotdogs on yet
    Made a few little ones for our dogs,
    The poor little guy on the right (pickles) my wife named him lol
    He is almost 12 and has lost his eye sight.
    But he definitely still loves to eat

Looks good and sure the dogs enjoyed them also. Oh you never tried fries? LOL!!

Last night we had Roast of Pork in slow cooker with potatoes gravy and veggies. I forgot take picture.

I getting bad for this. We went for breakfast on Saturday. I had tasty toasted western & home fries.

Greg

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

My world famous homemade pizza !

Attachments:
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That looks good. I love homemade pizza.

Greg

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Man that looks tasty!!!

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Cheese that looks great lol
    Do you make the dough for the pizzas also,

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

That does look really good. Can’t beat homemade pizza.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Yup, made the dough too. Also used some sauce we made and canned from last years garden Romas.

Did another overnight smoke. Used some apple wood for the smoke and put apple juice in the drip tray

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Yup, made the dough too. Also used some sauce we made and canned from last years garden Romas.

Did another overnight smoke. Used some apple wood for the smoke and put apple juice in the drip tray

Looks like that butt turned good.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Nice, you Da mang lol
    Nothing like a home made pizza, I remember you making all the tomato sauce,

That butt looks delicious, looks like it is melt in your mouth goodness.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Man that does look good.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘Food and drink – on and off the job site Volume 2’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.197 seconds