dcsimg

Food and drink – on and off the job site Volume 2

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I wish my local pub had hand cut fries.
    They are so much better than frozen.

Your right hand cut fries are the best.

What’s the diff if they’re cut with the right hand or the left hand? I don’t get it???

😅

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I wish my local pub had hand cut fries.
    They are so much better than frozen.

Your right hand cut fries are the best.

What’s the diff if they’re cut with the right hand or the left hand? I don’t get it???

😅

Pretty sure it doesn’t matter which hand is used to cut the fries. It is what kind of taters that are used.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Hand cut fries with a serving on the side of quite frankly a made from scratch beef gravy that is totally awesomely delicious along with an order of smoked steak bombs at the local “Rose” pub near where I live.

This is my “Rose” as opposed to Dirty’s in Waikiki and is where I first discovered and also started making steak bombs myself although not smoked. Dirty would like this place.

Those steak bombs look tasty.

Ron……I’m surpised you haven’t undertaken them yet. Bitable bacon wrapped stuffed cream cheese tasties with centers of marinated steak. Yummy snack!

Oh yea they are on my to cook list.

This guy had the best video on them I could find when I first went to make them.

While he marinates the steak in advance of making them, it is not necessary even with cheaper cuts of beef. I do it sometimes and other tikes I don’t. No huge difference.

Buy cheap bacon and let it get near room temp. Makes them easier to wrap. The bacon is nice and stretchable that way.

I actually figured out what each bomb costs me roughly. It’s about a buck a bomb doin 30 to 40 at a time.

They’re even tastier cooked in a smoker like the pub down the street startin doin them. I may get a smoker myself at some point and do just that myself. Currently, I use a ribbed bottom cast iron pan to cook them in the oven at 333F. Gotta turn them every 20 mins or so. The bacon will tend to burn black rather than crumble if you cook at too high a temp or leave them in too long. They’re still quite edible even when overcooked to black.
    Each batch takes about an hour.

And let them cool a little bit. The cream cheese when they first come out is hot like lava.

Make a Siracha mayo dip to dunk them in.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Hand cut fries with a serving on the side of quite frankly a made from scratch beef gravy that is totally awesomely delicious along with an order of smoked steak bombs at the local “Rose” pub near where I live.

This is my “Rose” as opposed to Dirty’s in Waikiki and is where I first discovered and also started making steak bombs myself although not smoked. Dirty would like this place.

Those steak bombs look tasty.

Ron……I’m surpised you haven’t undertaken them yet. Bitable bacon wrapped stuffed cream cheese tasties with centers of marinated steak. Yummy snack!

Oh yea they are on my to cook list.

This guy had the best video on them I could find when I first went to make them.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/GQZu7xoWF5U?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>
    While he marinates the steak in advance of making them, it is not necessary even with cheaper cuts of beef. I do it sometimes and other tikes I don’t. No huge difference.

Buy cheap bacon and let it get near room temp. Makes them easier to wrap. The bacon is nice and stretchable that way.

I actually figured out what each bomb costs me roughly. It’s about a buck a bomb doin 30 to 40 at a time.

They’re even tastier cooked in a smoker like the pub down the street startin doin them. I may get a smoker myself at some point and do just that myself. Currently, I use a ribbed bottom cast iron pan to cook them in the oven at 333F. Gotta turn them every 20 mins or so. The bacon will tend to burn black rather than crumble if you cook at too high a temp or leave them in too long. They’re still quite edible even when overcooked to black.
    Each batch takes about an hour.

And let them cool a little bit. The cream cheese when they first come out is hot like lava.

Make a Siracha mayo dip to dunk them in.

Thanks for the video. And the extra info. Will be doing these soon.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Kind of a pre-Father’s Day gathering today of friends and family. I haven’t done these for a while now. Beef back ribs are going on the grill in just a few minutes. I treat them the same as pork back ribs; peel the membrane, rub and cook about 3 hours. Fresh batch of BBQ sauce, too, for those who like.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Attachments:
    yellaD
    Pro

Yes with the Sriracha mayo dip. Famous and easy. Goes with pretty much everything.

Kind of a pre-Father’s Day gathering today of friends and family. I haven’t done these for a while now. Beef back ribs are going on the grill in just a few minutes. I treat them the same as pork back ribs; peel the membrane, rub and cook about 3 hours. Fresh batch of BBQ sauce, too, for those who like.

Oh that’s definitely going to be worth the wait Peter, I assume you will use the new to you grill you just picked up,

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Oh that’s definitely going to be worth the wait Peter, I assume you will use the new to you grill you just picked up,

Yup, they are pretty much gone now, but this is what they looked liked cooked.

Attachments:

Geeze, they look like they were finger looking good, I bet they were fall off the bone tender,

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Ribs look good. Did you add any sauce to them?

Ron

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Ribs look good.

Ron

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man those look good!! I’m in dire need of some good food about now.. I need to shop.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

They look pretty tasty Peter. No doubt they pretty much gone.

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

No, I didn’t sauce them. We prefer sauce on the side for those who choose. They disappeared very quickly for sure. Doggy heaven for the mutts in the family, too.

No, I didn’t sauce them. We prefer sauce on the side for those who choose. They disappeared very quickly for sure. Doggy heaven for the mutts in the family, too.

Haha, yeah that’s exactly what we do also Peter, our little doggies get some left overs also

My neighbor just dropped off my cheese cake she made for me, can’t wait to dig into it

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

My neighbor just dropped off my cheese cake she made for me, can’t wait to dig into it

That was nice of her. Looks to be a nice cheese cake too. Will you put any toppings on it?

Ron

That was nice of her. Looks to be a nice cheese cake too. Will you put any toppings on it?

Yes, great neighbors, they are from the U K
    She’s a geography teacher, and he works for bombardier,

She asked if I wanted the oreo cheesecake she made for her daughter, I said no just the plain old cheese cake for me, might just put some strawberry and strawberry or glaze over it, but that’s more my wife’s department lol

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I prefer to dip my in sauce or ketchup then have applied while cooking.

She asked if I wanted the oreo cheesecake she made for her daughter, I said no just the plain old cheese cake for me, might just put some strawberry and strawberry or glaze over it, but that’s more my wife’s department lol

Strawberries would be a good choice.

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Just in time! I see local strawberries are beginning to show up on the roadside here. What a great combination and what great neighbours to have.

Just in time! I see local strawberries are beginning to show up on the roadside here. What a great combination and what great neighbours to have.

For sure Peter, local strawberries would be great,

And yes, I am very fortunate to have great neighbors, I’m hoping they say that same for me lol 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘Food and drink – on and off the job site Volume 2’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.966 seconds