dcsimg

Fluid film

This topic contains 35 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

It said not easily washed off, afterall who is washing anything under the truck with soap much less warm water.

Umm….An automatic car wash LOL. This stuff seems like it’s just an oil since it’s a lubricant too. I like that ‘rust converter’ stuff that looks like black spray paint, You can spray it on rust and it seals it and stops it from rusting again.

Doobie
    Pro

OLD THREAD WARNING.

I was gonna start a thread on this product but found that there was already one on it from last year so I thought I’d just kick-start this one instead.

I just caught wind of this Fluid Film product on another forum and I’m amazed I’ve never heard of it. Seems like an amazing product and I was just wondering what others have to say about it before I rush out to go buy myself some.

http://www.fluid-film.com/

Myself, I was looking maybe to coat tools stored in the shed over the winter and to lube our bike chain and gears, but as you see in the videos below, some people are using this to undercoat and rustproof their trucks.

woodman_412

I use fluid film on a lot of different things and I’ve also had it applied to my cars and trucks over the years for rust proofing. I find that it makes a great lube and also protects stuff well from rust. I’ve used it on things like squeaky door pins in the house too. I always have a can on the shelf. I’ve found that it makes the best undercoating for vehicles.

Dan

danpattison.com

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I found some rust developing on the bottom of my truck doors where the steel is hemmed. I obviously have been using this in other places and once in this area. I have been wonder if it will prevent me from adhering a proper repair. I may have to keep using this to get through the coming winter.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Doobie
    Pro

I’ve used it on things like squeaky door pins in the house too.

I have a door that desperately needs this. Reg oil did not work. Maybe this stuff will.

woodman_412

I’ve used it on things like squeaky door pins in the house too.

I have a door that desperately needs this. Reg oil did not work. Maybe this stuff will.

It should do the trick Kevin. One of the great properties of Fluid Film is that it will “creep” so it will work its way into tight places. That makes it great for both lubrication and rust proofing.

Dan

danpattison.com

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I can’t imagine that thing actually works for undercoating, maybe in the south but not here.

As for penetrating fluid I use PB blaster, although I’ve seen a test where the best is actually ATF thinned with acetone.

Doobie
    Pro

I can’t imagine that thing actually works for undercoating, maybe in the south but not here.

Apparently it does work well in our climate.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Even with all the sand and salt blasting? Now that I’ll have to try.

woodman_412

Even with all the sand and salt blasting? Now that I’ll have to try.

I’ve had really good success with Fluid Film as an undercoating in both PEI and Nova Scotia where lots of both salt and sand is used. I had it applied yearly to my 07 Tacoma from when it was new and when I sold the truck there wasn’t any rust on it.

Dan

danpattison.com

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

going to have to look into that, may be too late for plow trucks,

Doobie
    Pro

I plan on using it with my snow blower. Apparently it’s an excellent release agent and stays on a long time.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I also use Fluid Film and it works great.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro

Where have you been using it Bill – @theamcguy?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I use it on the wire rope on my tow truck to keep it from rusting as well on a vice I have on my outside work bench. Also some other exposed metal and it does a good job.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro

I use it on the wire rope on my tow truck to keep it from rusting as well on a vice I have on my outside work bench. Also some other exposed metal and it does a good job.

Thanks Bill.

I just bought a can yesterday. Will be trying it out on various things over the next while for sure.

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.429 seconds