dcsimg

Fluid film

This topic contains 35 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • Author

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Anyone try this product? It’s a rust inhibitor. It looks impressive. I bought a can today while buying a new ABS sensor. I have been spraying under the truck and anything I see. πŸ™‚

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

I know the plow guys swear by it.. Keeps all that salt at bay

--Steve

Never heard of it before. I will have to give it a try. What is it like after applying it?

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I know the plow guys swear by it.. Keeps all that salt at bay

Used it on my plow and it was amazing. Now that I don’t plow I’ve never used it but really should on some items

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ve never heard of it? Gott a linky that’s not a online retailer?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Anonymous

I don’t know what you’re talking about LOL. Yeah need a link, It sounds interesting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Never heard of it either, but will check it out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I’m surprised how many never heard of it.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Put me on the never heard of it list. Is it like an undercoating? I’ve sprayed my share of that stuff.

Resident Sign Guy

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

http://www.fluid-film.com

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Says it’s safe for painted surfaces too. I never had undercoating done on the truck. 2005. The only rust on the truck is on the brackets holding the bed and the beginning of a rash by the bottom of the door weep holes. I spray those and the rocker panels, shock bolts, anything that was showing a developing decay.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Anonymous

Gee whiz, It says it can be washed off with warm soapy water. I don’t think I’ll be using it

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

It said not easily washed off, afterall who is washing anything under the truck with soap much less warm water.

I actually bought little abrasive disks for the drill to remove rust and undercoating but getting in some of those cracks is alot of work. For $9.00 its worth some preventive measures.

As for snow plows I cant speak but I know silicone on powdercoat helps shed snow easy but if its repainted with any enamel then it will eat the paint.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Thatkid
    Pro

Never heard of it but it looks neat.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Por-15 is the inhibitor a lot of car guys use. It’s supposed to be really good stuff.

Resident Sign Guy

redwood
    Pro

Not aware of it, luckily we don’t have a lot of rust out here unless you are near the coast.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

It said not easily washed off, afterall who is washing anything under the truck with soap much less warm water.

I don’t wash my cars often. Once a month or so I would guess, but when I do, I get the full wash with underside. I would hate to put that on after every car wash.

I did look at the site though, it looks like a decent idea, but sounds like you are simply covering your item in a layer of “special” grease.

Por-15 is the inhibitor a lot of car guys use. It’s supposed to be really good stuff.

Yup, head of that stuff being used a lot. From my understanding, it will even react to the rust and not only neutralize it, but also convert it back to metal or something like that.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I might have to check that stuff out – my old truck needs every advantage it can get.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I might have to check that stuff out – my old truck needs every advantage it can get.

Spray the crap out of it!!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The link http://www.fluid-film.com/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.641 seconds