dcsimg

Flooring placement question

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Author

We have been installing tons of that vinyl plank flooring. I seriously believe it will make laminate wood obsolete in a few years.

www.ohiohomedoctorremodeling.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

We have been installing tons of that vinyl plank flooring. I seriously believe it will make laminate wood obsolete in a few years.

Really it’s that good and nice looking? I’ve never seen so I don’t know.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Really it’s that good and nice looking? I’ve never seen so I don’t know.

I have it in my kitchen. Seems to be holding up good. No worry’s with water damaging it like laminate.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have it in my kitchen. Seems to be holding up good. No worry’s with water damaging it like laminate.

That’s good to know. Never even heard of it before the post about it here.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would think it fine to change directions from one room to the next, but I agree you need to have something more than a butt joint to transition it. I like the room border idea.

I have never done that before. It would be interesting once you measure it out to see how it lays at the center point of the room.

sergey061478
    Blocked

That’s a very interesting topic. I have never though that long floor planks can make a room look like a bowling alley. And i see the point, in some cases this may be true. Thanks for pointing his out.

burr251
    Pro

I know this thread is pretty old but since there was no real answer to the structural integrity question I figured Id throw it out there. If its a glue down vinyl plank and not a locking/floating floor then you can run the planks any way you want. Just be sure the subfloor is ABSOLUTELY smooth at the transition point. If its a floating vinyl plank then you’ll need some sort of transition piece to turn it. We do this pretty often with both types based on layout. I always prefer to run strip or plank flooring of any kind longways down a hallway and then turn it in adjacent rooms if it calls for it due to layout or aesthetics.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Just be sure the subfloor is ABSOLUTELY smooth

Over here they usually pour down some self leveling stuff to make the floor very smooth for the glue down flooring.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Are you guys talking about fibre floors? thats what it looks like, i am about to install some of that at my house in a week or two .

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

What is a fiber floor ? Got a link ?

Are you guys talking about fibre floors? thats what it looks like, i am about to install some of that at my house in a week or two .

Just curious is fibre floor the same as laminate or floating? I will have to Google that.

I think it is from same as linoleum, from what I see on the site.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t know what a fibre floor is??
    I’ve seen mat floors in Japan before.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Neither do I. First time I have seen that word used in conjunction with flooring.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Neither do I. First time I have seen that word used in conjunction with flooring.

http://www.tarkettna.com/Products/FiberFloor

ive seen it in a few homes and it looks and feels great. it convinced me to replace my kitchen and bathroom linoleum.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

ive seen it in a few homes and it looks and feels great. it convinced me to replace my kitchen and bathroom linoleum.

Interesting. How does it look? Like tile or wood?

Tackett calls it a “new take on linoleum”, so is it a sheet product or planks?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

OK I see fiber as in fiberglass. Somehow I thought it was a eco friendly fiber.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Interesting. How does it look? Like tile or wood?

Tackett calls it a “new take on linoleum”, so is it a sheet product or planks?

sheet, rather roll product. it looks like tile or wood or rock. it looked so good I nearly bought a house with the kitchen done in this style. it looks so good and real. I was really impressed. I happen to walk into home depot when they put a couple rolls on a huge discount, so I bought what I needed to do the kitchen and the bathroom, i’ll probably have some left over for somewhere.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow that floor looks great and the features make it sound like a very nice option.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

yellaD
    Pro

Yeah, fibre-floor sounds amazing actually. I’m surprised they didn’t come up with different materials for residential flooring sooner. The world of textiles is constantly changing, I guess building materials will adapt when it’s cost effective to do so.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.392 seconds