dcsimg

Flooring opinions

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

cant stand carpet personally, its a dust and mold trap.. i love hardwood but dont like it in kitchens and bathrooms which seems to be the trend.. most of our jobs seem to just get birch to match the rest of the homes.. i just did a side job for someone who needed the floor framing beefed up on their main floor as it was really bouncy.. they upgraded from brazilian cherry to african walnut

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Hi Skillman, the main floor is brazilian cherry. I priced brazilian cherry stairs and the price was astronomical. It was going to cost me the same amount to do the stairs as i paid for the entire main floor. The stairs are actually oak. A friend of mine helped me pick out the stain and it is from Lowe’s. It is made by Saman and it is #208 spice. Originally the stairs had a bullnose (round) on the bottom step. I cut that off and built a box and made it square to try and modern it up a little.

Thank you for all the feedback. I appreciate it.

Mark

Not sure why my pics are not posting. I hope this one works

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Very nice floor you put down. I’ll vote for the hardwood also, you can always put down carpet runners.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Gabbie
    Pro

I work in a hospital and there is now way to keep carpet clean, go with hardwood all the way and the job looks beautiful.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Not sure why my pics are not posting. I hope this one works

Check your pictures for size , you probably have to make them smaller .

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Wood is good, carpets are gross, esp with pets.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Isn’t that the truth…one of my best friends owns a carpet cleaning business and without him cleaning my carpets every few months it would be totally wrecked. If it were financially feasible, I would redo all of it.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

marcward19
    Pro
    Grundy Center, IA

Im with everyone else, you can never have too much wood. It lasts longer and much easier to keep clean. That cherry floor is beautiful!

I’m with everyone, wood cleaning is so much easier, with pets and kids. And your main floor looks great. Can’t wait to see the after pictures of the stair rail and upstairs floor.

cranbrook2
    Pro

When I bought my house 5 1/2 years ago the woman said the carpet in the house was 35 years old . The first thing I did when I moved in was rip that carpet out , Who knows what was living in it 🙂

staker
    Pro

I hate carpet. It just traps gross crap. After all the carpet I’ve torn out, I don’t think I would ever do wall to wall carpet in my house.

I remember back in the 70s my uncle rented a place were there was carpet on some walls.

cranbrook2
    Pro

I hate carpet. It just traps gross crap. After all the carpet I’ve torn out, I don’t think I would ever do wall to wall carpet in my house.

I remember back in the 70s my uncle rented a place were there was carpet on some walls.

Ya I remember seeing a few places that had bright red carpet on the walls and trimmed with barn board . It was pretty popular at one time .

I am going to try to post some before and after pics of my house.

More pics

Last of the before pics. This was also what my stairs looked like.

After pics

After

I guess this will be the last of my pics for now. It seems I can’t download more than 3 at a time or they will not show up.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

looks pretty good

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.479 seconds