dcsimg

Flooring opinions

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 81 total)
  • Author

My house is roughly 15 years old. When we moved in I laid cherry on the main floor with the exception of the laundry room (which I laid tile). I am in the process of capping my stairs. My wife would like me to continue with the hardwood upstairs. I think we should go with carpet. I think it would be too much wood. What are your guys/ladies opinions?

Thank you for your feedback

mark

Attachments:
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I’m with your wife, sorta. I would do wood with a carpet runner.

Nice floor!

And stain out the banister to match the floor…

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

I am getting posts and railings done to match the stairs. The spindles will be wrought iron.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

yup, then def wood with runner. Should be nice, make sure and post pic of it completed no matter which way you go.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

My house is roughly 15 years old. When we moved in I laid cherry on the main floor with the exception of the laundry room (which I laid tile). I am in the process of capping my stairs. My wife would like me to continue with the hardwood upstairs. I think we should go with carpet. I think it would be too much wood. What are your guys/ladies opinions?

Thank you for your feedback

mark

Nice looking floor Mark , it looks great ! Looking forward to seeing it all done .

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I love hardwood. You can always add a rug or two if you want. If it were mine, I would put hardwood throughout.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I am not to sure you can have to much hardwood. is that an exotic cherry. it looks real good.

staker
    Pro

I would definitly put hardwood, it never really looses its value unlike carpet.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I would stick with the hardwood – no such thing as too much hardwood flooring. The stairs will look good with wrought iron spindles.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I would definitly put hardwood, it never really looses its value unlike carpet.

You mean like shag carpet ? 🙂

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I am with everyone else, hardwood to match with a runner at most.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

I hate carpet. It just traps gross crap. After all the carpet I’ve torn out, I don’t think I would ever do wall to wall carpet in my house.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I hate carpet. It just traps gross crap. After all the carpet I’ve torn out, I don’t think I would ever do wall to wall carpet in my house.

You are not the only one – carpet is freaking disgusting! My entire house is either hardwood or tile; we have throw rugs every here and there but they can be cleaned a lot more effectively than carpet.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

I like the idea of having hardwood everywhere, especially the stairs where it can really be a pain to vacuum properly. I like the idea of hardwood stairs with a carpet runner down the middle, that would look really nice. I like hardwood throughout the majority of the house. The only rooms I prefer carpet is in the bedrooms.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I have to agree with the masses. Wood will look the best.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

I like the idea of having hardwood everywhere, especially the stairs where it can really be a pain to vacuum properly. I like the idea of hardwood stairs with a carpet runner down the middle, that would look really nice. I like hardwood throughout the majority of the house. The only rooms I prefer carpet is in the bedrooms.

Yeah I like throw rugs and runners. You can air em out in the spring too!

That floor is nice. No way I could look at wood and even think carpet.

monman1
    Pro

I would do wood with a carpet runner.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

Is that Brazilian cherry . I would also go with the wood stairs no carpet . What type or stain of wood you would do the stairs .

Always willing to learn .

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Another vote for all wood here…it just looks so damn good!
    Plus, the wife gets to choose area rugs…win-win.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.449 seconds