dcsimg

Flawed tile work….everybody loves pics.

Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    AndyG
    Pro

Well said Chad . Beginning with the end in mind, and constant course correction, or at least checking things as you go, is key . I just left a job, and we have the tub in 1/2 inch out of level . Won’t fly. Thinking my plumber has a dollar store level . I’ ll let something go, like and existing exterior wall that is out of plumb 1/4 “, but not something controllable, like a tub . Not fighting any thing I don’t have to. Hope you guys are well, things are really ,really going well here .

Doobie

things are really ,really going well here .

Glad to hear life is treating you well. Sometimes when we don’t hear from a member for a while, ya wonder what might be going on. Being busy is good!

AndyG
    Pro

Absolutely. Let’s get a thread started on remodels with tile showers, then move into tub surrounds. Beginning with the end in mind, and staying on that course is critical.

AndyG
    Pro

Let’s start a thread on remodels with tile showers and tub surrounds.

AndyG
    Pro

My posts are as showing posted, then not . hmmm

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Absolutely. Let’s get a thread started on remodels with tile showers, then move into tub surrounds. Beginning with the end in mind, and staying on that course is critical.

Good idea.

I just left a job, and we have the tub in 1/2 inch out of level .

I am pretty picky about my tubs being level – I set my own tubs so that gives me a lot more control. I like my tubs dead level – makes everything afterwards much easier.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

AndyG
    Pro

Good move . Tubs themselves have enough deviation …I bet you ‘ve seen that too.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I always leave the bottom row of tile off and run a straight wood strip to start my tile off of. I leave the space so the first row will need trimmed to fit when I come back to it. That way if anything is out of wack I can fit the tile without messing up the rest of the tile.
    I hope that makes sense?

AndyG
    Pro

Yes. Very good. I’m pretty careful about starting with a whole tile as well. If it’s a 12 inch tile, I go for a 7-11 inch tile, depending on overall layout.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I always leave the bottom row of tile off and run a straight wood strip to start my tile off of. I leave the space so the first row will need trimmed to fit when I come back to it. That way if anything is out of wack I can fit the tile without messing up the rest of the tile.
    I hope that makes sense?

I like to do the same – set a ledger to start my tile on the second row and leave a little less than a full tile (depending on lay out) for my first row. On showers/tubs with long tile set vertically I start at the bottom.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Doobie

Let’s start a thread on remodels with tile showers and tub surrounds.

That’s a great idea. I’m soon to get back to a gutted bathrom reno in my house that has been backburnered for far too long. Just in the planning ahead stages of what I may want to use and do.

Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.536 seconds