dcsimg

First points reward came today…

This topic contains 102 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  NJBuilder 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • Author

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

rotary hammers are a great tool when you need it. I normally only use corded rotary hammers, as I tend to use it for extended periods of time.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

I went ahead and requested another battery and charger, so that will give me a total of four 4.0 batteries and three chargers. I should be covered pretty well for any job I need to do without having to recharge anything.

Resident Sign Guy

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Dang Moze that is a serious amount of power! If you worked longer than that would last then you would need a serious vacation.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Dang Moze that is a serious amount of power! If you worked longer than that would last then you would need a serious vacation.

I’m guessing three batteries would have been fine, but I’m totally new to the rotary hammer and these batteries. With the DeWalt, I have seven batteries, so I’ve never worried about running short on batteries. Only having three for the Bosch made me nervous. I don’t carry chargers on the truck so having four will hopefully be plenty.

Resident Sign Guy

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have found my cordless rotary hammer very handy. It is great when I only have a few holes to drill or when it is inconvenient to stretch a chord. I can keep up well with 2 small batteries and two large. Two chargers keep up and I can add the radio if necessary.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

I have found my cordless rotary hammer very handy. It is great when I only have a few holes to drill or when it is inconvenient to stretch a chord. I can keep up well with 2 small batteries and two large. Two chargers keep up and I can add the radio if necessary.

Plus having more batteries just gives an excuse to buy more tools.

Resident Sign Guy

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Exactly moze, but does anybody really need an excuse to buy more tools?

Moze
    Dallas, TX

No, but I still have to have one prepared. 🙂

Resident Sign Guy

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I went ahead and requested another battery and charger, so that will give me a total of four 4.0 batteries and three chargers. I should be covered pretty well for any job I need to do without having to recharge anything.

Nice! I need to pick up one of those 18v 4.0’s, I haven’t yet as I’m deliberating whether to expand to the 18v line first or 12v, I think I may save some for that new brushless impact and then add some more batteries to that.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

That first box is always mind blowing! It has been awhile since I got a box..hopefully soon 🙂

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Moze
    Dallas, TX

I guess I need to look closer at these famous boxes.

Resident Sign Guy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I do have the 454 beast that I have drilled 30 or so 3/4″ holes in filled cmu and it says give me more!

Attachments:

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

That’s a nice drill Dirty! I’ve never had a problem with Makita tools, it’s just their damn batteries I wish they would improve. It doesn’t make since they practically invented the cordless drill. I can remember back when everyone and I mean everyone owned a nine volt makita cordless. With the old stick battery.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yea I’ve got a dead battery in the van and the next time is see the dealer rep I’m gonna hit him up for a exchange. I buy a lot of Makita tools and hope he helps me out.
    How many dead batteries do you have?

Dirty

Moze
    Dallas, TX

I do have the 454 beast that I have drilled 30 or so 3/4″ holes in filled cmu and it says give me more!

I like the depth stop on that….digging the larger piece at the end.

Resident Sign Guy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I like the depth stop on that….digging the larger piece at the end.

I’m very impressed with it.

Dirty

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I had a lot of batteries that were very weak, along with two good batteries I gave all of them to my father In law and bought Milwaukee. I may of rethought my plan had I know about this site before I retooled.

Are you going to do a review? Post your thoughts? I do not have much of a need for one either, but have thought about getting one for some masonry work at the house.

Are you going to do a review? Post your thoughts? I do not have much of a need for one either, but have thought about getting one for some masonry work at the house.

He has a video on it here and also and thread comparing it to Hilti/Dewalt at one point if I can find it…. http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bosch-rhh181-18v-sds-rotary-hammer/

John S

Moze
    Dallas, TX

My review is: it’s awesome. If you need one, I would recommend it without hesitation.

Resident Sign Guy

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.696 seconds