dcsimg

fire extinguishers

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I bought a few fire extinguishers when I was starting out in my renovation business
    Guess I had good advice and good training for safety
    I have had them for easily over a decade, always had them inspected and tested, and refiled,
    But recently saw an add about a recall from Kidde Canada,
    I decided to inquire about it,
    And sure enough, my extinguishers were part of a safety recall,

I bought these primarily when we used to demolish and do some electrical, and plumbing. Better safe than sorry,

I’m not sure if this is in the USA, or just Canada,
    But you can definitely do that research on the Kidde website,

I recieved my replacement units today,
    Once again great customer service and support

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I’m not sure if this is in the USA, or just Canada,

Thanks, U.S. too. I’ll have to check all the ones I have

Doobie

I did that myself for a 30 year old Kidder I had as well. Found out about the recall on the nightly news one nite.

The only thing I didn’t like was they wouldn’t include a new wall mount bracket for it which the replacement they sent doesn’t fit the old bracket.

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

We were fortunate that all of ours weren’t affected by the recall

Is it just for plastic handle models or something like that? I forget, I checked for our models and they happened to be ok….

j

Clev08
    Pro

I’ve been hearing a lot of commercials advertising kidde smoke alarms and how they save lives everyday. Maybe they were trying to beat the PR nightmare that is a big recall. Thanks for posting this, I’ll have to check a couple.

I did that myself for a 30 year old Kidder I had as well. Found out about the recall on the nightly news one nite.

The only thing I didn’t like was they wouldn’t include a new wall mount bracket for it which the replacement they sent doesn’t fit the old bracket.

Really, that’s weird, all mine came with those brackets.
    But to be honest, I never used the bracket.

@Clev08
    I’m not sure, it should tell you on the website.
    Mine had the plastic handles

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have a fire extinguisher and I will check it. Thanks.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

@clev08 I’m not sure, it should tell you on the website.

What did you have to do with the recalled ones ? Send them back or just trash them ?

Doobie

What did you have to do with the recalled ones ? Send them back or just trash them ?

They gave a self addressed/paid return label and you send the old one in after you first receive the replacement unit.

They gave a self addressed/paid return label and you send the old one in after you first receive the replacement unit.

That’s exactly what we have to do, I’ll drop them off at the purolator Depot
    Or next time they come to deliver something I’ll have them pick them up

Doobie

That’s exactly what we have to do, I’ll drop them off at the purolator Depot
    Or next time they come to deliver something I’ll have them pick them up

Just so you know you don’t need to hurry. I just send mine in after it sat there waiting for two months.

For some reason I have yet to see any fire extinguishers on any job site or work shop. Nor have I heard anyone speak about fire safety/prevention. I wonder if everyone on the jobsite’s here even know how to use an extinguisher or would they have to figure it out.

Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% Attitude.

Doobie

I wonder if everyone on the jobsite’s here even know how to use an extinguisher or would they have to figure it out.

They’re fairly simple to use, the tricky part is knowing which type is the best for which situation.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Apparently mine is not affected but just to be sure I sent them an email.

They’re fairly simple to use, the tricky part is knowing which type is the best for which situation.

Well yea they taught us in elementary school but most people around here in the trades don’t remember any of the principles of fractions they learned in high school, much less what they learned in elementary school.

Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% Attitude.

@ChadM ☝️

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Back on topic, I found a couple of mine are involved in the recall also. I will need to see what I have to do to get them replaced.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.353 seconds