dcsimg

Finishing using sprayers

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    CRSpecialtiesLLC
    Pro
    New Hartford, IA
    CRSpecialtiesLLC
    Pro
    New Hartford, IA

Here is the vanity and vanity light that we painted.

Attachments:
    ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Looks like it came out pretty nice. So what do you think of the unit you bought after using it?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Here is the vanity and vanity light that we painted.

Looks good! What’s up with the inset spot in the wall? Im not sure I’ve seen something like that outside of a shower or a medicine cabinet.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

looks pretty good, nice work

CRSpecialtiesLLC
    Pro
    New Hartford, IA

@chadm I real like the unit. Like most of you have said, it takes some trial and error. I have 8 doors, some casing and base that I need to spray yet. So I’m looking forward to being able to fine tune the gun.

@jponto07
    I’m not 100% sure why the previous owner of the house put that little niche in there. There is even an outlet in it. I was going to close it in, but my wife wanted to keep it. She keeps cotton balls and Q-tips on display in the niche, so I put a little puck light in it.

Attachments:
    KenW
    Pro

Interesting build on the vanity. I don’t think I’ve seen one with drawer space under the doors before. Nice touch.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would like to get into sprayed on finishes, but I fear my little 3.5 hp compressor just isn’t enough. Not sure it would be worth it for me to purchase a larger compressor. I don’t think I would use it enough.

We only spray if we are remodeling or building an entire level. Its simply not worth it for a few areas.

I have a few sprayers but no hvlp guns.

www.ohiohomedoctorremodeling.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I would like to get into sprayed on finishes, but I fear my little 3.5 hp compressor just isn’t enough. Not sure it would be worth it for me to purchase a larger compressor. I don’t think I would use it enough.

I spray frequently with my MAC2400. It’s a 2.5hp 4ish gallon compressor rated at at 4.2cfm at 90psi. It will kick on often but it keeps up just fine.

Another point is that my hvlp is rated as a low cfm gun…Probably important to consider with a smaller compressor.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

CRSpecialtiesLLC
    Pro
    New Hartford, IA

@boatbldr I highly recommend the little turbine unit that I purchased. I have sprayed the vanity and light that was shown previously, since then I’ve sprayed some doors and frames, we’ve sprayed catalyzed lacquer also. It’s really easy to use. Getting the viscosity right is key! I would buy it again.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.285 seconds