dcsimg

Finally got the garage organized…

This topic contains 52 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Moze
    Dallas, TX

The goal was to have fairly easy access to all of my tools (when the cars aren’t in the garage) but still be able to fit two vehicles in. I bought five lateral file cabinets. They’re the perfect size for storing all kinds of things….paint, chemicals, moving blankets, tools, you name it. Super clean looking, super organized.

I epoxied and flaked the floor a few days ago and got everything moved back in and organized.

The wood shelving is just 2×4’s and these brackets off Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030T1BGK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They provide a very customizable and sturdy shelving system.

Resident Sign Guy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The goal was to have fairly easy access to all of my tools (when the cars aren’t in the garage) but still be able to fit two vehicles in.

Moze great job on the garage organization. The lateral file cabinets are genius.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

That is more Dewalt than the store has !
    Sure looks nice.

Between the van and the garage you are really getting things in order.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Great looking space Moze. Lots of storage is always nice to have.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Thanks guys!

Resident Sign Guy

CB
    Pro

Moze, you should also be a moderator on a DeWalt forum.

I’ve seen fewer DeWalt tools on display at the local DeWalt factory service center, the Lowes tool corral, and the Home Depot tool corral combined, than what is visible on your garage shelves… never mind what’s inside the file drawers.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

@cb is there a DeWalt forum? lol

They’re mostly purchased for work, some were purchased for the office remodel. Saved some money since my buddy helped frame it up, so I put some of that towards tools we would need. He’s a framer and has the tools but he came in from out of town, so it only made sense. 🙂

Resident Sign Guy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Looks very organized in there. I see you weeded out most other colors but Black&Yellow. I see the bright green Vac and looks like all the Blue is gone. I too am trying to slim down my battery platforms. Finding a tool that works well and has everything you will need is key to a one platform work truck.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

@dirtywhiteboy Yeah, I completely see the benefit to having multiple platforms, but I just had too many…too many batteries and chargers to keep up with. The Milwaukee 12v stuff is my go-to for most of my work stuff on a daily basis since most of what I do is fairly light duty. That’s what stays in my “98% cart”. For the heavier duty stuff, I settled on DeWalt. They just have more of the tools I wanted/needed that Bosch unfortunately doesn’t. Other than that, I had no complaints with the Bosch tools. In fact, I like the SDS rotary hammer more than the DeWalt….just not enough to justify a fourth platform.

The Ryobi stuff is slowly getting phased out. The 6 gallon shop vac is pretty great though. Hoping DeWalt comes out with a similar FlexVolt version. Other than that, I have their fan, flood light, transfer pump, and spotlight. Those will eventually disappear but for now they serve their purpose.

Resident Sign Guy

CB
    Pro

They’re mostly (our Federal tax dollars at) work, some were purchased for the (Oval) office (bugging). Saved some money (since another government) helped frame … (um… that’s classified, sorry), so I put some of that towards tools (that “the company”) would need. (“The Company”) is a (worldwide regime change) framer and has the tools, but (they) came in from out of town (so to speak), so it only made sense (that the FBI kick in some cash for every battery operated DeWalt tool that ever existed, rather than unceremoniously kick in doors).

There, filled in what the feds probably wouldn’t allow you to say.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Thanks lol

Resident Sign Guy

The goal was to have fairly easy access to all of my tools (when the cars aren’t in the garage) but still be able to fit two vehicles in. I bought five lateral file cabinets. They’re the perfect size for storing all kinds of things….paint, chemicals, moving blankets, tools, you name it. Super clean looking, super organized.

I epoxied and flaked the floor a few days ago and got everything moved back in and organized.

The wood shelving is just 2×4’s and these brackets off Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030T1BGK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They provide a very customizable and sturdy shelving system.

Wow – it looks like a DeWalt commercial in there.

Will

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

That’s a Dewalt pharmacy 😀
    Does it ever get dirty?

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Does it ever get dirty?

Yep, I try to keep ahead of it though.

Resident Sign Guy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Does it ever get dirty?

Nope,, I’ve never been there.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

The goal was to have fairly easy access to all of my tools (when the cars aren’t in the garage) but still be able to fit two vehicles in

awesome moze, but honestly that looks more like a showroom and not like a garage lol

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Moze
    Dallas, TX

The goal was to have fairly easy access to all of my tools (when the cars aren’t in the garage) but still be able to fit two vehicles in

awesome moze, but honestly that looks more like a showroom and not like a garage lol

Can’t it be both? 🙂

Resident Sign Guy

Doobie
    Pro

Never seen anybody use lateral file cabinets for shop storage. Looks great all around Moze. You’re an organized neat freak like me. 👍

redwood
    Pro

Hey Moze, how are you doing? I didn’t think you were around these parts anymore, or I just missed you.

If Bosch see’s this, you might just lose your moderator status and all it’s perks.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.367 seconds