dcsimg

Festool Workshop

This topic contains 136 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  PI_Woodworker 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)
  • Author

This planer is really nice. I have a couple of reviews of it on my Youtube channel. I do not have any of the specialty heads yet, but I do have the stand and angled fence — they are not that expensive as add ons and really add to the machine’s capabilities. I was skeptical at first on how well this would work to joint material, but it does work quite well and it is very, very smooth. In one of my Festool classes he took the planer and planed full depth end grain off of a 2 x 12 and it looked like it had come right off the saw.

No way to incorporate it with tracks…but, you can use it to surface material, kind of how you would do it with a hand-plane. Take off the high spots and gradually flatten the material. I think this would take some practice for sure and it would not be fast, but for that odd board in the field it might work out.

It has unlimited rabbeting depth so you can literally plane deep rabbets along the edge for a large door or something and not be limited to 3/4 of an inch or less.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

To my limited knowledge, these are the only patterns available, though I would think that you could have knives made up.

I didn’t even know that festooool had a planer? Do you know if that thing will fit on the table for the table saw?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

<P>To my limited knowledge, these are the only patterns available, though I would think that you could have knives made up.</P>

<P>I didn’t even know that festooool had a planer? Do you know if that thing will fit on the table for the table saw?</P>

Not sure what you mean, Dirty. The table saw pics from festool is an item that is not avaialable in North America.

Orange County, CA

<P>To my limited knowledge, these are the only patterns available, though I would think that you could have knives made up.</P>

<P>I didn’t even know that festooool had a planer? Do you know if that thing will fit on the table for the table saw?</P>

Not sure what you mean, Dirty. The table saw pics from festool is an item that is not avaialable in North America.

Oh, I am wondering if he thinks that it is larger than it is – such that it would align with the mft/3 and the CMS…

PS Dirty – see pics of it below

John S

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Man oh man – I’m surprised @supimeister hasn’t posted this yet.

http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-jigs-tool-enhancements/mft(s)-with-a-twist-(cred-paulk-design)/

Custom MFT table, but then milled custom inserts for router, jigsaw and 20v DeWalt bandsaw as well. This is quite the epic table build if I’ve ever seen one.

http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-jigs-tool-enhancements/mft(s)-with-a-twist-(cred-paulk-design)/

Custom MFT table, but then milled custom inserts for router, jigsaw and 20v DeWalt bandsaw as well. This is quite the epic table build if I’ve ever seen one.

That’s down right insane . For sure great build .

Always willing to learn .

@mattryyc – i think I did actually post it in the favorite workbenches thread 😛 😛 haha.. but I do agree – definitely a great build!

John S

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

i think I did actually post it in the favorite workbenches thread haha.. but I do agree – definitely a great build!

I should have known – I should have paid better attention, right up your alley 🙂

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I’ve seen that before thanks to John and it is a sweet set up.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Yeah — that is pretty incredible, for sure. Very cool to incorporate all the different plates and it looks really nice to boot.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s a beautiful build there. I bet that planer is very nice!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

i think I did actually post it in the favorite workbenches thread haha.. but I do agree – definitely a great build!

I should have known – I should have paid better attention, right up your alley :)

I think John gets an RSS feed anytime anything on workbenches is posted on the net…:)

Orange County, CA

I received an email about there latest workshops . Which they had them across country in different places .

redwood
    Pro

I received an email about there latest workshops . Which they had them across country in different places .

If you blink, the classes will be filled.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Such a great idea from a tool manufacture. I am surprised that other companies (hello Bosch) don’t follow suit.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

If you blink, the classes will be filled.

They sure do get filled fast . And they do small groups of people.

Such a great idea from a tool manufacture. I am surprised that other companies (hello Bosch) don’t follow suit.

That’s a good question.

Some day soon I intend to take one in. @redwood has attended one (or more) and spoke very highly. They have a few sites to attend, so unless it is close, many may stay away. Indy is closest for me and that is still a 4-5 hour drive.

Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.567 seconds