dcsimg

Festool Systainers System

Viewing 19 posts - 61 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Author

I don’t know much of anything about tstaks, but compared the l-boxxes, the sortainers really aren’t much more expensive, if at all. They’re basically 3 Iboxxes with the equivalent of the colored inserts. Then factor in the racking element, and you are pushing $150 or more easily.

That is really true and fair. The L-rack is comparable in a lot of ways and is $130, so that is fair.

But the tstak has a model with drawers that is comparable and is still so much less.

Regardless, the Festool stuff is definitely quality and the t-loc is a nice feature on the other systainers (not the sortainers).

price is always an issue but if it works and is what you want….

At the end of the day, this is what it comes down to.

John S

RyanF
    Pro

But even at $130, the l-rack out of the box isn’t comparable to a sortainer, considering it’s worthless as a small parts organizer.

But even at $130, the l-rack out of the box isn’t comparable to a sortainer, considering it’s worthless as a small parts organizer.

True true… Although you could order enough of those little red colored bins for another $30-40 to have the ability to organize a bunch of smaller parts. But still, the sortainers definitely have some extra functionality that is lacking in the l-boxx line currently

John S

I am guessing this is just a sort of ad on TIA for systainers because it is not really a review or preview, but it does provide a ton of quality pics of the system all in one place:

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/2014/11/the-many-faces-of-systainer/

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’m not sure if I would call those a ton of pictures. I expected more.

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

I wonder who makes that sys-compressor?

--Steve

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO
    hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

I wonder who makes that sys-compressor?

Schneider-Airsystems
    https://www.schneider-airsystems.com/Products/Pages/Product-Competence.aspx?foc=SD-SysMaster_mobil_9273

Got to the 1:53 mark for Schneider AirSystems Systainer compressor.

Bert

I’m not sure if I would call those a ton of pictures. I expected more.

Fair enough, but it shows the diversity of who all has embraced systainers.

John S

That be awesome to have here in North America.

Always willing to learn .

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Almost makes ya want to move to this NAINA place 😉

--Steve

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Almost makes ya want to move to this NAINA place ;)

Would be pretty easy if we had a wardrobe.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Almost makes ya want to move to this NAINA place ;)

Would be pretty easy if we had a wardrobe.

Nice.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Doobie

VERY OLD THREAD WARNING

Systainer has a new Systainer coming out.

https://www.festool.se/kampanjer/microsites/mobilitet?sc_src=email_251026&sc_lid=24602173&sc_uid=proxAUtwQF&sc_llid=3358&sc_eh=bbb3d569c5be1ec21#productOverviewe

Front handles where the T-Lock is and they also have clear top windows on a new line of Organizers.

Those look like a nice change. I wonder if they will replace the old style or compliment it.

Doobie

Those look like a nice change. I wonder if they will replace the old style or compliment it.

Just like the current generation of T-Loc Systainers replaced what now is known as the ‘Classic’ Systainers, yet were still compatible for the most part, these will do the same but at least still allow top and bottom clamping of units together to the T-Loc Systainers whereas the Classics can only latch on one outer top or bottom. Can never recall which way that works even though I own a bunch of each type. I rarely lock mine together anyways.

Sortimo/L-Boxx is so behind the game when it comes to these storage type boxes, yet I own quite a lot of L-Boxxes now too. Mostly because I’ve bought Bosch tools that came with them commonly years ago, and I find them cheap online at times. They are beneficial at times in that the L-Boxxes are wider bodied and can better accomodate certain tools or duty kits that Systainers are not ideal for.

I actually have come to hate how L-Boxxes clamp and unclamp themselves frrom each other. They’re a friggin’ PITA in that regard compared to Tanos/Systainers of any generation. With Systainers at least I can chose to just stack them unlocked and they nest together well enough not to slide off unless you are in motion with them. With L-Boxxes, you don’t get that choice in usage. You have to lock them nested one on top of each other. It’s their Achilles heel imo insofar as practicality for me. A fiddly clamping mechanism design.

I actually have come to hate how L-Boxxes clamp and unclamp themselves frrom each other. They’re a friggin’ PITA in that regard compared to Tanos/Systainers of any generation. With Systainers at least I can chose to just stack them unlocked and they nest together well enough not to slide off unless you are in motion with them. With L-Boxxes, you don’t get that choice in usage. You have to lock them nested one on top of each other. It’s their Achilles heel imo insofar as practicality for me. A fiddly clamping mechanism design.

Yes, connecting l-boxxes is a pain and a good way to get a pinched finger. Having many, that is the one feature I wish was different.

Doobie

Yes, connecting l-boxxes is a pain and a good way to get a pinched finger. Having many, that is the one feature I wish was different.

I must be lucky, no pinched fingers here yet. Knock on wood. Just aggravated nerves for the most part.

CB
    Spectator

I only have two L Boxxes. I’ve never clamped them together.

Somehow, I never made the connection.

Viewing 19 posts - 61 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.261 seconds