dcsimg

Festool Systainers System

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

They are available on eBay uk for $355 EUR/$456 USD. You can ask about shipping.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I still maintain that one of the aspects of the systainers system that sortimo and bosch ought to imitate are the sortainers. I know the i-boxx drawers is similar in concept, but the accessibility and ability to divide up everything in the sortainers is pretty hard to beat

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I still maintain that one of the aspects of the systainers system that sortimo and bosch ought to imitate are the sortainers. I know the i-boxx drawers is similar in concept, but the accessibility and ability to divide up everything in the sortainers is pretty hard to beat

Well as we have seen before, good ideas from one company show up in another company’s product, so we can hope for the good ideas to trickle into Systainers and the L-Boxxes

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I see that Makita is now offering a systainer that is the same as the old festool box. It will lock right to them but not the new T-locks.

I see that Makita is now offering a systainer that is the same as the old festool box. It will lock right to them but not the new T-locks.

Yeah, it was kinda a lame move by Makita in my opinion. And what is strange to me is that they would slightly modify the classic systainer just a little bit – with some curve for no particular reason… Why not just rebrand entirely?

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That is strange, wonder why? Must be a proprietary issue.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RyanF
    Pro

They are available on eBay uk for $355 EUR/$456 USD. You can ask about shipping.

It’s better to order from Amazon when possible bc they deduct the VAT from international buyers. Generally it’s about 17% percent, so it makes a good bit of difference. That compressor is 360 Euro on Amazon, so about 299 Euro for us. Amazon is at 1.34 USD to Euro right now, so about $400 USD.

On a related note, for anyone looking at NAINA stuff, the US dollar is pretty high against the Euro. It’s a good time to buy if you’ve been contemplating a purchase for a while 🙂

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Why not just rebrand entirely?

Well my old TracSaw box is the same but it looks like they changed it now.

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

On a related note, for anyone looking at NAINA stuff, the US dollar is pretty high against the Euro. It’s a good time to buy if you’ve been contemplating a purchase for a while 🙂

Yep the Euro is down, great time to buy in Europe but shipping would be something else. No idea what shipping would be for something like the compressor. Anybody have an idea?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Did you get one of the new Makita boxes Dirty?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Where I think it’s a bit sad to not be original, we don’t really need another modular tool box system…at least this one is somewhat compatible with another system.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I still like my L-boxxes better. O sortainer type box would be nice in the sortimo line up.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

I think that Tanos makes boxes for lots of manufacturers. Mafell, Mirka, Makita to name a few. There could be other brands out there as well. Sortimo even makes a few L-Boxxes for some of Mafell’s larger saws that do not fit in a Systainer. I like them both and will not change one out over the other. I certainly understand wanting them to be the same, but for me I have so many of both that it would cost a fortune to convert to one system.

Orange County, CA

at

I like the Sortainers for some things…I think that the 4 drawer is the best one, although I do like the smaller drawers too. What I do not like is when things jam in the drawer and they are hard to open.

Orange County, CA

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

What I don’t like about the sortainer is the price. They are crazy expensive.

Where I think it’s a bit sad to not be original, we don’t really need another modular tool box system…at least this one is somewhat compatible with another system.

True, but why not at least go the t-loc route? I guess their “pitch” is that they are offering the classic systainers for a reasonable-ish price to be more competitive with the others.

What I don’t like about the sortainer is the price. They are crazy expensive.

Agreed! Thus, the biggest downfall of the systainers system. Especiall when you can get a tstak for like $20-25…. so for one sortainer you can get SIX tstaks? Yikes.

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

price is always an issue but if it works and is what you want….

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

so for one sortainer you can get SIX tstaks? Yikes.

That’s some crazy pricing there. Be hard for most folks to justify sortainer.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RyanF
    Pro

I don’t know much of anything about tstaks, but compared the l-boxxes, the sortainers really aren’t much more expensive, if at all. They’re basically 3 Iboxxes with the equivalent of the colored inserts. Then factor in the racking element, and you are pushing $150 or more easily.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Did you get one of the new Makita boxes Dirty?

No that a old one.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 2.063 seconds