dcsimg

Festool Systainers System

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Its hard to be the systainers. I have the majority of my kit in them.

Some advantages are single latch to lock.

Being able to tip the upper box back to access the lower box with disconnecting

The amount of options available from mini, midi’s and maxi’s.

Nice selection or inserts and sortainers

Being able to lock them to the vac

Being able to lock them to the larger maxi systainers.

Backwards compatible with the standard systainers

Take box and MFT sys is a nice setup for certain items.

And best of all hold their value extremely well when its upgrade time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You left out 3x the cost for comparable sizes in tstak.

The 1 festool (systainer) that I’ve let employees use nearly had the handle ripped off it, and it has black spray paint on it. I’m not spending 3x as much for idiots to break things. It’s a great system but the couple very small advantages they offer over the tstak just isn’t worth it.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

There are definitely nice things about them. The single latch is really nice. I find them to have a smaller footprint then I would like.

I am still not sold on the ability to open the middle of the stack, but I only have 2 boxes. Maybe if I had more, it would make sense for the top two boxes.

Hopefully the rest of the advantages can be addressed by other companies, especially Bosch and Sortimo. More sizes, vac integration (already done for L-boxxes) more inserts, ,more top options etc

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

SamM
    Pro
    Halifax, NS

I have 1 systainer and 1 lboxx. I have to say I like the size of the systainer more. the longer size lets me fit some tools I can’t get in an lboxx (like my recip). The price of the systainers is what keeps me off that system.

I’d really like to some more offerings in the lboxx line like brad was saying.

I can open the tstaks mid stack and yeah they do take 2 latches to hold it closed, and 2 latches on the side to latch together but it really isn’t that hard to latch/unlatch.

www.mysteeldeck.com

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

I can open the tstaks mid stack and yeah they do take 2 latches to hold it closed, and 2 latches on the side to latch together but it really isn’t that hard to latch/unlatch.

I think overall, considering the functionality and the price, the t-stak’s are a very good value.

I’d love to have festool’s system, but I just couldn’t justify the investment for the quantity I need.

I think overall, considering the functionality and the price, the t-stak’s are a very good value.

I’d love to have festool’s system, but I just couldn’t justify the investment for the quantity I need.

That’s where I am at. I will keep the Festools I purchase in them, but it won’t be my main system. I do have 2 tloc 3’s coming from Amazon when they had them on sale. They will be my trim tool boxes.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

That’s where I am at. I will keep the Festools I purchase in them, but it won’t be my main system. I do have 2 tloc 3′s coming from Amazon when they had them on sale. They will be my trim tool boxes.

I bought 3 at that sale… I was kicking myself later. Had I really thought it out I should have jumped on it and bought enough to outfit my trailer. (about 30 boxes would do it great). BTW mine says they’ll ship sometime between the 7th and the 12th.

www.mysteeldeck.com

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I do like the opening middle of the stack piece, but aside from that the L-BOXX is my favourite all around choice. I got a freebie SYS-MIDI this week and that thing is nice, if they were all that footprint it would be nice. It’s odd having one box bigger (wider) than all the rest, but it still integrates, it’s about the same as the L-BOXX footprint actually, only a little bit bigger.

That’s where I am at. I will keep the Festools I purchase in them, but it won’t be my main system. I do have 2 tloc 3′s coming from Amazon when they had them on sale. They will be my trim tool boxes.

I bought 3 at that sale… I was kicking myself later. Had I really thought it out I should have jumped on it and bought enough to outfit my trailer. (about 30 boxes would do it great). BTW mine says they’ll ship sometime between the 7th and the 12th.

Yep..me too. I am going to make an insert for one…the second one I am not sure yet.

Andrew

RyanF
    Pro

I was browsing Amazon.De and ran across this. I’ve never seen one of these before, but it’s pretty freakin sweet. I’d kill for an l-boxx version.

http://www.amazon.de/Schneider-A911000-Systainer-Kompressor-150-8-6-WXOF/dp/B008PY3SXO/ref=sr_1_43?ie=UTF8&qid=1410906635&sr=8-43&keywords=festool

Attachments:

I was browsing Amazon.De and ran across this. I’ve never seen one of these before, but it’s pretty freakin sweet. I’d kill for an l-boxx version.

http://www.amazon.de/Schneider-A911000-Systainer-Kompressor-150-8-6-WXOF/dp/B008PY3SXO/ref=sr_1_43?ie=UTF8&qid=1410906635&sr=8-43&keywords=festool

lol you and me both…. It wouldn’t be too hard to take something like this ( https://powertank.com/products/sfID1/34/productID/223 ) and put it inside an L3 or L4 and add a hole or two for some access… Not the same, I know, but it is a start.

I also learned today that the Rolair JC10 fits quite nicely on top of the Bosch L-Dolly…. perhaps add an L-Rack top on top of it and simply go that route.

John S

That is cool! I do know guys have successfully cut off the handle on a Senco 1010 and fit it in a sys 4 or 5.

Andrew

Neat device. Someone should jump on that idea here in the US.

Great thoughts and insight on this thread. That is cool that the compressor fits on the dolly. Never thought about moving one around like that, but it makes sense.

Orange County, CA

Yeah! Those are the links I have seen. Nice work linkmaster!

Slight derail…Our 1010 wasn’t working right and I thought I was going to have to buy something different. Upon a little investigation one of the copper tubes had broke at the flare. I put on a new piece of copper and it is good to go. After I did that though the head gasket was leaking a bit so I ordered a new one from e-replacement parts for it.

Andrew

That is cool! I do know guys have successfully cut off the handle on a Senco 1010 and fit it in a sys 4 or 5.

To spare people from having to search, here are a few threads on it:

http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-and-tanos-systainers/senco-1010-in-a-sys-4-34424/

http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/festool-tanos-all-things-systainer/2129-complete-pneumatic-gun-system-systainer.html

(really, really great thread)

http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-and-tanos-systainers/compressor-in-a-systainer/msg262297/#msg262297

For sure a neat way to carry your compressor around in with your hose’s .

Always willing to learn .

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

That’s a nice compressor. Would be nice for some trim work.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow that is nice. I’d buy one just to have that. I really like it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.340 seconds