dcsimg

Festool Systainers System

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Hey all,

FYI – Stuart has a few thoughts on systainers and sortainers worth checking out. The sortainers are definitely one notch above what bosch has in terms of offering (even against the 3d and l-rack) – so it is worth checking out!

http://toolguyd.com/festool-sortainer-organizers-review/

John S

The Sortainers are pretty good and hold a fair amount — I have a 12, 9 and 4 drawer. If you pack them too full the drawers can get stuck, but they do hold a lot of stuff. I use them for tool storage mostly to keep accessories and parts organized.

Orange County, CA

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I would love to get my hands on some systainers…unfortunately just not in the budget at this moment

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Doobie

It’s definitely a plus having tools themselves in Systainers over the usual manufacturer cases which are all different from one brand to another. I’ve migrated lots of tools to a Systainer. Just nice to be able to stack them and clamp them together.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I like the way they clip right to the top of my Festool vac.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I know they can go on the bottom of the stack, but my OCD just keeps asking me why these don’t have the T-LOC? They look like a fine system, but I don’t think I’ll be going there soon, the L-RACK and 3D I think are better suited to what I need.

I know they can go on the bottom of the stack, but my OCD just keeps asking me why these don’t have the T-LOC? They look like a fine system, but I don’t think I’ll be going there soon, the L-RACK and 3D I think are better suited to what I need.

Yeah — the lack of T-Loc is a pain as these always have to be stacked by themselves or on the bottom of a stack. I have mine under my workbench so everything is handy. I do really like the L-Rack concept and the drawers are nice and hold more stuff. For smaller parts I think the Sortainers work really well, though.

Orange County, CA

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Yeah — the lack of T-Loc is a pain as these always have to be stacked by themselves or on the bottom of a stack. I have mine under my workbench so everything is handy. I do really like the L-Rack concept and the drawers are nice and hold more stuff. For smaller parts I think the Sortainers work really well, though.

I guess if you have some time of sysport it wouldn’t matter too much. I do need to figure out something for the bigger hardware but will try the L-BOXX-1A first I think. Have you done the home made sysport router for your stuff Scot?

Yeah — the lack of T-Loc is a pain as these always have to be stacked by themselves or on the bottom of a stack. I have mine under my workbench so everything is handy. I do really like the L-Rack concept and the drawers are nice and hold more stuff.

I can imagine it would be a bit of a pain to only be able to have them on the bottom due to the classic locks, but I think I would prefer them being on the bottom anyways – I would prefer to get low to the ground on my knees to grab something from the sortainer than have to unstack several sortainers to get access to my power tools that are in a systainer further down… it seems like it makes the most sense to always have the power tools on top and the systainers on the bottom…

But I do agree that the l-rack and 3d are making strides towards the right direction

John S

For anyone who is committed to this line of storage, check out this new offering from Fein:

http://www.toolnut.com/Fein_FSC_2_0Q_Edition_Wood_SuperCut_Interior_Const_p/72363662090.htm

John S

Attachments:

That is pretty cool. You can also get Fein inserts for regular Systainers if you do not want to go with an orange box.

Orange County, CA

Love my sortainer. Hope to get more in the near future. One just is not enough with all the screws I carry around. My wife will say I have plenty of screws loose, so it’s a good thing I have one handy.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I have to say I have really come around to the green system in the last while, I know one system is better than two but I’m liking the systainers more and more in the workshop. I don’t think I will be ditching them for Lboxx’s any time soon. Nice to see the Fein stuff being offered in them, I think those were NAINA before.

I like systainers for there ability to lock together easily, the fact they lock to there vacuum, and the Festools come in one so cases match.

That said when we chose our system for the van, the two reasons we didn’t pick them or the l boxx was that they required shelves to sit on and they weren’t as tough as the tough system. I do like them for our finish tools. I am still patiently waiting for 2 sys3’s to show up from Amazon when they were on sale last month.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I have to say I have really come around to the green system in the last while, I know one system is better than two but I’m liking the systainers more and more in the workshop. I don’t think I will be ditching them for Lboxx’s any time soon.

I like the systainers, the stackability is a nice feature over the click and go. I still haven’t found the ability to open the bottom one a plus for me. I always have something behind it and the tenons and the domino are about the same in wait so I tip it over lots.

I’m sticking with the l-boxx. Hopefully sortimo brings more to NA

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Its really nice to see how this stuff is evolving and arriving on our NA shores now! I’m pretty excited at the options.

I have both systems going and it works OK at the moment…most things are in Festool Systainers, which I like for the stackability and ease of connecting to the vac or in task-specific tools/accessories. I like the overall size of the L-Boxxes better — bigger and more space to hold more things efficiently. They are rugged too. It is a pain to connect and unconnect them, though. Although having the ability to easily add drawers to each one for accessories is nice with the L-Rack system.

Orange County, CA

I like the overall size of the L-Boxxes better — bigger and more space to hold more things efficiently. They are rugged too.

Those a 2 big pluses in my opinion. They are both good systems though and you can’t lose with either one.

I’m building 3 collections… systainers, lboxxs, and tstak boxes. I’m thinking that the setup in the end will be: systainers in the garage/shop, lboxxs in the suburban (they fit my tool bags and they’re bigger), and tstak in the trailer.

I love the systainers but I don’t trust employees with them (or my festool stuff), seems they’re kind of clumsy and like to break things.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I went all systainers

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.603 seconds