dcsimg

Festool Planex

This topic contains 27 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  aa_custom 3 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

redwood
    Pro

Like a lot of expensive tools, if the use is only for one project, there are probably cheaper alternatives that may not have all the bells and whisles, but will still do the job. If you somewhat reguarly have similar projects, eventually the better tool will probably pay for itself.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Like a lot of expensive tools, if the use is only for one project, there are probably cheaper alternatives that may not have all the bells and whisles, but will still do the job. If you somewhat reguarly have similar projects, eventually the better tool will probably pay for itself.

Depending upon the project, even a one-use with the planex could work out fine with the 30 day trial or if longer, you could probably recoup 80-90% of its cost by selling it on craigslist

John S

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

thinking about getting the planex/36ac combo tomorrow or thursday before the sale ends. ive found it to not really be worth it hiring out a drywaller for my kitchen and bath jobs ive been doing. last few i did with my dts 125 and ets 125 attached to my midi, finish turned out great, but took forever. planex seems super fast. 36ac vac looks like it would be great for cleanup duty too.

anyone else have much experience with this tool. happy? worth it?

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

The sale just for the vac is great. I cant speak for the planex, never used it and have no desire to just because I hate drywall. But I have used a few festool vacs and there are very nice and so many uses for them.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

yeah, i love my vacs. have 26 and midi. thinking the two i have would stay in the van full time. 36 would come to a project at demo, and stay full time for cleanup and drywall work, and for use as dc on more tool heavy carpentry projects. might be a good vac to hook up to table saw too

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

You can never have enough vacs. The project we are on now we have a mini and a ct26 also two ridgid shop vacs with a couple auto switches.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

thats the truth. i have a few ridgid vacs ive been phasing out. ill probably get rid of my last one after i buy the 36

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Pulled the plug on the planex combo this morning. Haven’t run it yet, but will in the next week or so. Excited to see how it does. The way the head articulates is really impressive, i.ve never looked forward to a drywall job so much. Really looking forward to using the 36ac too. Kind of annoying they don’t hepa rate that unit though.

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.171 seconds