dcsimg

Festool hose +power cord+ sleeve

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

As much as I am enamored with the wrap style, I can’t pay $4/ft.

Look again. It’s not that high.

That site is a PITA. Shows differently on my tablet than it does on my desktop. Some products don’t come up on my desktop which is usually the opposite in that it is usually on a tablet they don;t show up.

The one I got myself comes out to about $1.20 CDA a foot. Not $4.

see this is why I like to go to the store so I can touch and feel and inquire exact pricing on what I want, instead of bumbling around with a crappy website online to attempted to find what it is that I want to buy.

yellaD
    Pro

Yeah for something like this, I’d pay extra to come and see in person. I figured something was wrong with the links…So @doobie, you got the PET neon green and you say they have a wrap around PET for $1.20? They have one that looks exactly like the Festo one for like $50 for 15ft. Does anyone know where to actually go and touch and feel and see this stuff in Toronto?? All I’ve found so far is websites.

Doobie

Lemme see if I can find it again later. It was the same one I got for like $48 for a 40 foot roll.

Doobie

Lemme see if I can find it again later. It was the same one I got for like $48 for a 40 foot roll.

Here it is at what works out to $1.2X per foot on a 40 foot roll. Product code FWC150.

http://www.cabletiesandmore.ca/canadian/catalog/inch-colored-size-range-foot-spool-p-563.php

Or is it that you don’t want to get a 40 foot roll.

Here it is per foot, but I think they only have it in black per foot. Shows as product FW150.

http://www.cabletiesandmore.ca/expandable-sleeving-black-per-foot.php

yellaD
    Pro

Thanks @doobie, I will order something by the end of the week! I’ll let u guys know happens.

Doobie

Thanks @doobie, I will order something by the end of the week! I’ll let u guys know happens.

Good luck!

I ordered mine sorta blind too. At least you know what I got and I can say it works.

yellaD
    Pro

Not bad, but I think it’s cheaper for me to order in bulk

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

it is strictly prohibited to sell items here…specifically when YOU own the EBay page!

@Dabbs, care to clean up?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was late to the boot but deleted the quotes within the posts, POOF!! Thanks for the alert

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

i missed it something about ebay, but if you end up ordering the sleeves make sure you let kme know and i’ll go in on the order. I will need a longer length now that i ended up getting a few more hoses.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

i missed it something about ebay, but if you end up ordering the sleeves make sure you let kme know and i’ll go in on the order. I will need a longer length now that i ended up getting a few more hoses.

Somebody was self promoting his eBay page…and it was based in the UK. Dabbs took care of it.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

Since this thread has been resurrected, has anybody gone out and made their own hose socks?

Here is a picture of what a guy use besides festool wrap . This wrapped hose is braided sleeving which is made of 10 mil polyethylene terephthalate strands . Chemical makeup is a solvent resistant, abrasionn resistant and stays flexible . The material is non-marking and light weight . It fits 27mm and 36mm hoses .

Always willing to learn .

Attachments:
    Doobie

Here is a picture of what a guy use besides festool wrap . This wrapped hose is braided sleeving which is made of 10 mil polyethylene terephthalate strands . Chemical makeup is a solvent resistant, abrasionn resistant and stays flexible . The material is non-marking and light weight . It fits 27mm and 36mm hoses .

It’s pretty well the same as what I’d been posting I did throughout this thread. Works great.

There’s source info I posted if anybody wants to know where and what to get on previous pages in this thread for newcomers to this thread that was active last fall.

Since this thread has been resurrected, has anybody gone out and made their own hose socks?

Ah, I definitely have. And love it. But I don’t have any pics of my own hose and am away from the shop right now. I did exactly what this guy did – zip tied the cord to the hose, put the tech flex on the hose, then heat shrunk it all tight.

http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-jigs-tool-enhancements/home-made-hosecord-sleeve/msg431854/#msg431854

John S

Attachments:
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Somebody was self promoting his eBay page…and it was based in the UK. Dabbs took care of it.

thanks, i some how thought @yellaD finally found a local place to pick it up.

andy and i were going to, but the resource he found ended up either not selling it locally or something and we didn’t end up, now that it is back fresh in my mind, im gonna have to text him about it.

Hey all, obv. we have seen the new Festool hose that’s got a sock on it…has anyone made one of these for themselves? What material did use and how well did it work out? i.e/ Did it help with the ribs catching on edge? Also is there a worry about heat build-up and/or losing the AS quality of hose?

Yes, I did this years ago to both of my 27mm and 35mm hoses using this stuff.

http://www.techflex.com/prod_pet.asp

Works great. Only needed one roll of the same size of wrap for both diameter hoses.

No snags. No static disabling. You could even add the power cord inside sandwhiched betwen the vac hose and wrap which I didn’t bother doing myself but have seen others do just fine.

That’s a great alternative to others I’ve seen. Thanks for posting. I have been needing a hose wrap for a long time.

I keep eyeing the Festool sleeve and then the homemade options. I really can’t make up my mind.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

I keep eyeing the Festool sleeve and then the homemade options. I really can’t make up my mind.

Have you seen the Festool hose up close? Was wondering what you thought if you did. I haven’t myself. I should though, just so I can compare to my homemade one which I’m very happy with.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.564 seconds