dcsimg

Festool hose +power cord+ sleeve

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I just checked out the link to cabletiesandmore.ca site and I think I might do same as you. I looked at the PET wrap and it’s quite a bit more expensive, so probably won’t go that route. I think I’m get the 1″ for my 27mm + cord inside, should fit?

It’ll fit. The stuff stretches a decent amount.

ahh but don’t overstretch it as I was reading your cww thread. Hmm I gotta research more so I can get the right size for my dust collector as well. I hate having the edges catch as I am using it.

yellaD
    Pro

Yeah there’s so many options from that brand. Different weaves, weights, uses. I guess it comes down to budget. I’m down to get a bundle!

Doobie

I hate having the edges catch as I am using it.

It used to aggravate me as well. No longer.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I hate having the edges catch as I am using it.

It used to aggravate me as well. No longer.

For me it was on the track saw, the edges would catch on the material itself, that you were trying to cut and stop the saw.gah.

yellaD
    Pro

I was considering buying the boom arm attachment for the Festool vac, but I figured I’d still have to battle the ribs at some point. I do like that there’s a tool rest (hook) on the boom arm, but can’t part with over $400 for it.

Doobie

I was considering buying the boom arm attachment for the Festool vac, but I figured I’d still have to battle the ribs at some point. I do like that there’s a tool rest (hook) on the boom arm, but can’t part with over $400 for it.

It is pricey. I have seen people make their own homemade versions instead with good success.

yellaD
    Pro

I will have to google that. I will try the techflex stuff first and see if that fixes my issues.

yellaD
    Pro

I think I just found a place in Oshawa that sells techflex stuff. It’s called Cleeve Tech. Inc. I will call tmrw and see if it’s still around and if it’s a store to pick up the stuff vs online order.

Doobie

I think I just found a place in Oshawa that sells techflex stuff. It’s called Cleeve Tech. Inc. I will call tmrw and see if it’s still around and if it’s a store to pick up the stuff vs online order.

Some of those kinds of places only deal with commercial accounts or trades. Let us know what comes of it.

yellaD
    Pro

Shoot, that place Cleeve Tech’s phone number is not in service. Maybe it’ll have to online order.

Doobie

Shoot, that place Cleeve Tech’s phone number is not in service. Maybe it’ll have to online order.

Yep. It’s amazing how some stuff on Google like that can be horribly out of date. Seen that myself quite a few times over the years.

yellaD
    Pro

I think I’m gonna order the 1.25″ monofilament sleeve from cabletiesandmore. Costs $10.86 for delivery, anyone in the Oshawa area want in and save on delivery charges (small orders only)? I could be swayed into another sleeve material instead of monofilament, but I want it to fit 27mm + the powercord inside. Let me know in the next few days.

Doobie

What color are you getting?

yellaD
    Pro

I think the monofilament only comes in black, if there’s a choice then I will choose a bright color that will stand out amongst the dust and garbage on the floor.

Doobie

I think the monofilament only comes in black, if there’s a choice then I will choose a bright color that will stand out amongst the dust and garbage on the floor.

You wanna post a link to the monofilament one you are thinking of ordering @yellaD ? I wanna take a look at it.

yellaD
    Pro
    Doobie

Did you see these ones? Same price but thicker.

http://www.cabletiesandmore.ca/expandable-sleeving-black-per-foot.php

Were you maybe looking here instead?

http://www.cabletiesandmore.ca/FlexoPetBraidedWrap.php

The 1 1/2 spool in neon green is the one I got off this page.

http://www.cabletiesandmore.ca/canadian/catalog/inch-colored-size-range-foot-spool-p-563.php

That website has got a bazillion pages of similar products it’s hard to find stuff.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The monofilament I was looking to get

http://www.cabletiesandmore.ca/nylon-mono-braided-sleeving.php

Interesting material…seems exactly like what covers my HDMI cables on my TV.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

yellaD
    Pro

As much as I am enamored with the wrap style, I can’t pay $4/ft.

Doobie

As much as I am enamored with the wrap style, I can’t pay $4/ft.

Look again. It’s not that high.

That site is a PITA. Shows differently on my tablet than it does on my desktop. Some products don’t come up on my desktop which is usually the opposite in that it is usually on a tablet they don;t show up.

The one I got myself comes out to about $1.20 CDA a foot. Not $4.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.486 seconds