dcsimg

Festool durability?

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Here’s the FSK rails, there are actually two there

Attachments:
    Doobie

Kevin, that circuitry on the 75, does it differ from the TS55REQ?

Yes it is not in the TS 55.

The other reason I went with the 75 over the 55 was depth of cut as well. I didn’t care that it was heavier. Hasn’t bothered me at all.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’ve used my ts55 hard and so did the previous owner and it is still running great. I mean i don’t go out of my way to abuse it but hey its a tool and it’ll get used to its max.

I cut everything but Presure Treated Lumber with mine . Using the right blade is really important for the material you are trying to cut .

er is the a problem with using it to cut pressure treated? i have cut pressure treated with mine and haven’t had a problem so far.

One of the reasons I went with the TS75 was it’s responsive circuitry over the TS55 just for that reason.

i didn’t realize there was circuits to govern how fast the blade works in conjunction with the material being cut.

Kevin, that circuitry on the 75, does it differ from the TS55REQ?

Yes it is not in the TS 55.

The other reason I went with the 75 over the 55 was depth of cut as well. I didn’t care that it was heavier. Hasn’t bothered me at all.

I didn’t realize the circuitry was different. The depth of cut….well yeah but the circuitry is really cool. Learn something new every day!

What I get when I look at Festool is how over priced they all are … are they that good that they can charge those prices?

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

I can’t wait to give an honest opinion about my HKC55 but it’s been very limited use while we wait to sell outer home and move.

Chris – how were you able to score one of these before they are released?

Hehehehehe….I’m not telling. Well okay 🙁
    I got it from Axminster Tools in the UK. I got the FSK rails from a distributor in Spain. I ended up getting both rails for around two hundred and the saw for like 250ish? I did not get any batteries, I am set there with the three I have. Here’s a pic of the saw I just took….

That is awesome! I played around with it at the Festool roadshow and liked the feel. Smaller version of my big Mafell. The depth adjustment was the only thing a little different that I think would take some getting used to, but all in all I thought it was an impressive saw. How do you find the batteries hold up and have you bogged it down yet with any ripping? How would you rate the quality of cut between it and the TS saw?

Orange County, CA

What I get when I look at Festool is how over priced they all are … are they that good that they can charge those prices?

It depends…price is just one factor. I think that dust collection and accessories that actually enhance a tool are two design elements Festool has above most of the competition. Consider it reduces clean-up time at the end of the day and that is money saved. The tools are pretty light-weight overall so easier on the back after all day use. Things work together well. Whether or not it is worth it, depends on each user and what you are doing with the tool.

Orange County, CA

I can’t wait to give an honest opinion about my HKC55 but it’s been very limited use while we wait to sell outer home and move.

I got it from Axminster Tools in the UK. I got the FSK rails from a distributor in Spain. I ended up getting both rails for around two hundred and the saw for like 250ish? I did not get any batteries, I am set there with the three I have. Here’s a pic of the saw I just took….

That is awesome! I played around with it at the Festool roadshow and liked the feel. Smaller version of my big Mafell. The depth adjustment was the only thing a little different that I think would take some getting used to, but all in all I thought it was an impressive saw. How do you find the batteries hold up and have you bogged it down yet with any ripping? How would you rate the quality of cut between it and the TS saw?

I’d really love to try that Mafell out. The depth adjustment threw me off when I first got it but I’ve gotten used to it now and it is actually pretty slick. Spearing loaded, just my mind was thinking backwards when I first got it. The batteries hold up awesome. I’ve run it on my 4.2 18v and 4.2 15v batteries ripping has had no issues for me thus far. I think the quality of great, especially on the FSK rail as it has the chip edge. It’ll take TS55REQ blades but the other way and it does work in the regular rails top but man, the FSK rails are awesome!

Oh man I’m so jealous can’t wait to here your thoughts on it . Seeing it on the festool road show is crazy it’s coming to the states .

Always willing to learn .

Doobie

It depends…price is just one factor. I think that dust collection and accessories that actually enhance a tool are two design elements Festool has above most of the competition. Consider it reduces clean-up time at the end of the day and that is money saved. The tools are pretty light-weight overall so easier on the back after all day use. Things work together well. Whether or not it is worth it, depends on each user and what you are doing with the tool.

Well said! 👌

Doobie

OLD THREAD WARNING

I didn’t want to use the “Interesting Things We See” thread for this, nor did I want to start a whole new thread, so I dug up this old one.

Festool has finallly announced they will be coming out with a Dust Deputy style of seperator and collector of their own.

I may in fact consider this myself despite the fact I’ve poopooed DD for years. Never cared for the ‘My Favorite Martian’ design of the DD for extractors. While I always prefer to use a bag, there are occasions where having this setup might make sense for me on occasion.

EDIT: Here’s a link to it on the Festool USA website….

https://www.festoolusa.com/products/dust-extraction/pre-separator/204083—ct-va-20

Festool Canada Link here….

https://www.festoolcanada.com/en-ca/products/dust-extraction/pre-separator/204083—ct-va-20?_ga=2.136252593.1480235752.1531241825-1184194170.1531241825

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Festool Canada Link here….

https://www.festoolcanada.com/en-ca/products/dust-extraction/pre-separator/204083—ct-va-20?_ga=2.136252593.1480235752.1531241825-1184194170.1531241825

A 20 litre capacity puts it out of the game for me. I have enough trouble having to empty my 100 litre container all too frequently. Next step for me will be a 45 gal capacity separator.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Festool has finallly announced they will be coming out with a Dust Deputy style of seperator and collector of their own.

Interesting, Thank you for the update

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

If I were in that market I’d go this route instead..
    https://www.toolnut.com/oneida-axd000009-ultimate-festool-dust-deputy.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI27nL1ceS3AIVSFmGCh2fgAduEAQYASABEgLTTPD_BwE

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

If I were in that market I’d go this route instead..
    https://www.toolnut.com/oneida-axd000009-ultimate-festool-dust-deputy.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI27nL1ceS3AIVSFmGCh2fgAduEAQYASABEgLTTPD_BwE

One of the major probs with the Oneida is that it is not set up for static distribution charges frying the Festool CTs circuitry.

This is a common problem I’ve read about for many years and I still read nothing in that product description page that states it mitigates this.

Authorized Festool distributors know this and even when I inquired in the past with them state that same issue with the third DD is ill advised because of this.

While I think I read at some point that DD had dealt with this, I’m not sure exactly whether that was truly correct.

When you pay this kind of money for Festool stuff, I’m super-hesitant to use anything 3rd party made for them including ‘some’ of the products from Seneca tools just to mention another 3rd party Festool piggy-backer.

Not a Green Koolaid junkie sayin this, just lookin at my investment and why would I screw with it?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

static distribution charges

We no get that here,,,

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

static distribution charges

We no get that here,,,

Really eh? Never realized that about where you live. But it makes sense now that you mention it.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.793 seconds