dcsimg

Festool durability?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

every company will have a bad tool here and there. Even the occasional bad line. I dont own any festool and doubt i will due to cost. I am sure they are good tools but to me not worth twice the cost of the next tool in the lineup.

I own several and have only had issue with our Kapex…thankfully under warranty. I do think there is something with their motors and 110v and 60 hz. It seems like a majority of the issues are NA related. That said I love pur tracksaw, sanders, jigsaw and domino! Everything we have is several years old now and not babied.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

Everything we have is several years old now and not babied.

Not me. I take care of my tools like they were my children. I do that with most things I own.

Not me. I take care of my tools like they were my children. I do that with most things I own.

I don’t abuse them but they are tools not sports cars…they are meant to be used and get dirty and make money…

Andrew

Doobie

I don’t abuse them but they are tools not sports cars…they are meant to be used and get dirty and make money…

Totally understand. For me it’s my pastime to a large extent whereas when you are making a living with them, take no prisoners is the way it’s done.

I own lots of Festool and other high-end equipment, including Mafell, Laguna, Felder, etc… I think that every manufacturer has had some kind of issue at some point – I broke my Mafell jigsaw in the first year — it was replaced free of charge and the new one has been flawless since (2 years now). I have had to have a couple of Festool tools fixed under warranty or replaced for new in the first 30 days. I have had Milwaukee tools blow up on first use and issues with other brands as well, even with a Bosch 5 inch random orbit that I bought new. It happens and is just a part of using tools. Overall I think that they are all pretty durable, accurate and I have not regrets or qualms about buying them and using them. I do not baby them either as they are tools to help accomplish something.

Orange County, CA

I have had a lot of luck with mine and when I retire in two more years I will be putting the, to full time use. I don’t mind spending the cash on good tools for the lifetime I expect from them. I will say, I am pretty concerned about the Kapex issues. I’ve had mine for about a year and a half and love it, it is awesome but I’ve heard of some issues and would really hate to have a problem show up. I will say I got it for 40% off during the recon sale.

Damn @ChrisK1970 you were one of the lucky few to snag one up for that discount!

Andrew

I really lucked up on that one! I got it through a vendor in Maryland and it was the last one that showed up on the recon. I just popped open the tool list and it had just appeared. I saved a TON of coin!

No issues with my Kapex, knock on wood. No problems with the Festool sanders that I have either. I have no qualms about purchasing other tools from them. The pricing is at a premium though.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

These 2 post are the difference between a contractor-carpenter making a living feeding his kids and keeping his wife happy and tool collector.
    I used em hard and put em away wet.
    When I use the bathroom at WoodCraft store I see a lot of fessy in the back broken down tools.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’ve used my ts55 hard and so did the previous owner and it is still running great. I mean i don’t go out of my way to abuse it but hey its a tool and it’ll get used to its max.

I’ve used my ts55 hard and so did the previous owner and it is still running great. I mean i don’t go out of my way to abuse it but hey its a tool and it’ll get used to its max.

I cut everything but Presure Treated Lumber with mine . Using the right blade is really important for the material you are trying to cut .

Always willing to learn .

Doobie

These 2 post are the difference between a contractor-carpenter making a living feeding his kids and keeping his wife happy and tool collector.

I am not a collector! Everything I buy, I use. I have no ambition of become a tool museum curator.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I cut everything but Presure Treated Lumber with mine . Using the right blade is really important for the material you are trying to cut .

er is the a problem with using it to cut pressure treated? i have cut pressure treated with mine and haven’t had a problem so far.

Doobie

er is the a problem with using it to cut pressure treated? i have cut pressure treated with mine and haven’t had a problem so far.

One of the reasons I went with the TS75 was it’s responsive circuitry over the TS55 just for that reason.

One of the reasons I went with the TS75 was it’s responsive circuitry over the TS55 just for that reason.

Kevin, that circuitry on the 75, does it differ from the TS55REQ? I absolutely love mine but have thought how that beast is aside for blade diameter comparatively. I can’t wait to give an honest opinion about my HKC55 but it’s been very limited use while we wait to sell outer home and move. My project list got a LOT smaller.

I can’t wait to give an honest opinion about my HKC55 but it’s been very limited use while we wait to sell outer home and move.

Chris – how were you able to score one of these before they are released?

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No problems with the Festool sanders that I have either.

All I have are sanders and I don’t do a lot of sanding. They’ve worked well.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I can’t wait to give an honest opinion about my HKC55 but it’s been very limited use while we wait to sell outer home and move.

Chris – how were you able to score one of these before they are released?

Hehehehehe….I’m not telling. Well okay 🙁
    I got it from Axminster Tools in the UK. I got the FSK rails from a distributor in Spain. I ended up getting both rails for around two hundred and the saw for like 250ish? I did not get any batteries, I am set there with the three I have. Here’s a pic of the saw I just took….

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.405 seconds