dcsimg

Festool 201234 pro5

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 250 total)
  • Author

This is even better
    http://www.ultimatetools.ca/collections/new/products/pro-5-ltd-5-random-orbit-sander-with-ct-sys-dust-extractor

575 for the sander and extractor. Im ordering something..

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

And did anybody read anywhere also whether it has its 1 + 2 three year warranty like their regular tools?

Its festools 3-year warranty and 30 day money back gurantee

Attachments:

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I guess you are right @onecaribou it is 1.6 amp

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Doobie

This is even better
    http://www.ultimatetools.ca/collections/new/products/pro-5-ltd-5-random-orbit-sander-with-ct-sys-dust-extractor

575 for the sander and extractor. Im ordering something..

That is tempting. Had looked at that Sys-extractor, but dismissed it a while ago as it cannot handle larger tool suction capacity like my TS75 and Kapex. 🙁

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Only difference is 25% increase of watts.
    Interlocking dust port
    new position of the speed dial

Festool 201234 “PRO 5 LTD” ETS 125 REQ
    Dust Extraction Port: (27 mm)
    Pad Diameter: 5″ (125 mm)
    Power Consumption: 250 watts / 1.67 amps 120 v AC
    Sanding Stroke: 5/64″ (2 mm)
    Speed: 6,000 – 14,000 opm
    Weight: 2.4 lbs. (1.1 kg)

Festool 571817 ETS 125 EQ
    Dust Extraction Port: (27 mm)
    Pad Diameter: 5″ (125 mm)
    Power Consumption: 200 watts / 1.67 amps 120 v AC
    Sanding Stroke: 5/64″ (2 mm)
    Speed: 6,000 – 14,000 opm
    Weight: 2.4 lbs. (1.1 kg)

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

I guess you are right @onecaribou it is 1.6 amp

The only reason I checked is that I was looking at reviews of the older model on Amazon and the main complaints people had was a lack of power.

Doobie

Thanks Alex. That answers some of my concerns also. 👍

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Very tempting, what advantage would this have over say Bosch ROS20?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Very tempting, what advantage would this have over say Bosch ROS20?

that was what I was thinking, the dust collection might be better since it is that new locking hose. I do find if the hose isn’t set on super tight, then the hose goes flying.

Everyone needs to remember that Festool sanders use their own hole location on their sanders. The holes from your Bosch/Dewalt and other 5 hole sanders will not line up with the Festool ones.

For me it isn’t and issue because we have 2 other 125mm Festool sanders and a good stock of their paper but if you don’t want to be locked into ordering consumables from Festool you may want to skip this deal.

That said Festool paper is really really good! I use their Granat for almost everything.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I think they are the same size as the mirka abranet so if you go that route you don’t have to worry about hole placement as it’ll all get sucked in anyways.

Everyone needs to remember that Festool sanders use their own hole location on their sanders. The holes from your Bosch/Dewalt and other 5 hole sanders will not line up with the Festool ones.

For me it isn’t and issue because we have 2 other 125mm Festool sanders and a good stock of their paper but if you don’t want to be locked into ordering consumables from Festool you may want to skip this deal.

That said Festool paper is really really good! I use their Granat for almost everything.

Same here i just use the granat paper as well . The paper really isn’t that pricy .

Always willing to learn .

While it genuinely looks like an interesting unit, the lock in to Festool paper (Or alternatively Abranet and the Dewalt stuff that looks like drywall mesh bonded to a velcro pad with holes and possibly the Norton sandpaper with a lot of small holes) is a bit iffy for me and the only thing it has over the ROS20 is that its a German made (ROS20 is Malaysian) sander with the little edge bumper addition.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Thanks overanalyze for mentioning that. I didn’t know that they use their own paper. I will purchase some for that sander at the local festool store as soon as the sander arrived.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I thought I read the other night, that you could use other paper with it, but because the holes wouldn’t align, you would not be able to use the dust collection. If I am wrong, I will just have to try their paper I guess.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

You could always punch a few holes on paper of your choice.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

You could always punch a few holes on paper of your choice.

I will order the festool paper and stock up, If in a pinch I will do that and punch my own holes. Stewart over at toolguyd has a good view on this. If I would have read this stuff first it might have made me think a little more before getting it but I still would have bought it.

http://toolguyd.com/festool-pro-5-ltd-sander-deal/

Doobie

For those of you who think you can just use the $50 voucher towards the papers they need, I just found this on an authorized Festool dealers site.

To qualify for a voucher redemption, a customer must purchase a second qualifying tool and submit the proper information via the website http://www.festoolpro5.com to receive the $50 reimbursement. The voucher may not be used to purchase the PRO 5 LTD sander, accessories or consumable items; it also cannot be used in conjunction with ongoing promotions, closeout or discontinued items. It may not be applied to any previous purchase. Voucher expires December 31, 2017.

<\blockquote>

Thanks for that info Doobie. I wondered what exactly you could do with the voucher.

While it genuinely looks like an interesting unit, the lock in to Festool paper (Or alternatively Abranet and the Dewalt stuff that looks like drywall mesh bonded to a velcro pad with holes and possibly the Norton sandpaper with a lot of small holes) is a bit iffy for me and the only thing it has over the ROS20 is that its a German made (ROS20 is Malaysian) sander with the little edge bumper addition.

A correction, I just found out that it has almost double the stroke distance of the ROS20VSK, so it’d be comparable to the ROS65VCL. I think I’ll give it a chance given there’s the 30 day return policy. I don’t think I’ll mind the sandpaper given I prefer Abranet and other mesh type sandpapers since they’re longer lasting.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 250 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.917 seconds