dcsimg

Festool 201234 pro5

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 250 total)
  • Author

Got my Pro 5 today and used it a little. For 100 dollars its worthwhile, but I find the ergonomics of the body iffy compared to the ROS20VSK. The tapered curve lets me grasp the sander lower. The Pro 5 has a rectangular body with some fillets on the corners, it sucks to grip it the way you can do on the ROS20. Also there’s not enough rubberized grip material on it like the ROS20. It does weigh less than the ROS20

The Systainer feels kind of wasteful for the size and the insert in it. You could fit 3 sanders and have room to spare for sandpaper and some accessories in it.

The port on it works with the Bosch hoses/Bosch adapter VAC024 (For those using 1.5″ Shopvac hoses, the VAC024) perfectly.

The Plug-It system feels so so in the locking part when you compare it to Neutrik powerCon True1s. There’s no positive feel to it and it doesn’t lock into the locked position. The Neutriks you need to pull the tab back to undo them but they just click when twisted and locked. They’re also less bulky in diameter than the Plug-It connector.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I got mine Monday. Haven’t used it yet. Hopefully I will on a project tomorrow

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Got my Pro 5 today and used it a little

congrats @reflector
    wow you definitely waited a long long time to get your Pro5.
    I see a bunch of people on here purchased the sander.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Yeah and never received it at the date it. Good thing you got yours.i was pumped up buying it but wait was just outrages.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I see FESTOOL also has the delay bug. Not many will complain though with the great price. Sure wish Bosch would do a sale like that when their tools get delayed.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I see FESTOOL also has the delay bug. Not many will complain though with the great price. Sure wish Bosch would do a sale like that when their tools get delayed.

Ordered 2 on October 5th and they arrived April 6th. Will be checking one out today. I note it has a 2.0 mm stroke which is very fine. It was a great price and there is a $50 voucher for use on other Festool products. Hopefully the performance will be up to par for Festool.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yeah and never received it at the date it. Good thing you got yours.i was pumped up buying it but wait was just outrages.

But it’s green Blue is so much better!!!

@madman_us

I already had my ROS20VSK and ROS65VCL so I wanted to see what the hype was about with Festool.

@Masterbosch

I consider it a solid sander, but it isn’t mindblowingly good. I think the biggest thing it has over the ROS20VSK is the vibration. It runs a lot smoother and the workpiece seems to have less vibration as well.

@DirtyWhiteBoy

I went into this as a non koolaid drinker. I can see why Festool fans are really into Festool but I’m not super blown away. I’m impressed they did this at a 100. I’d even pay 120 for this, but it isn’t worth more than 2x the cost of most 5″ sanders, especially with the funny ergonomics of making the body square.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@Reflector i hemed and hawed about getting the festool sander. If i didn’t already have the bosch ros20vsk i’d be buying the festool one for sure.

Put my new Pro 5 sander to work today and was happy with it. I like the on-off toggle switch versus the switch on the ETS EC models. I would prefer that it was not as tall as it is but it worked fine one-handed. No vibration to speak off. You can tell that the ETS EC models are better units and they should be for the price but I am pleased with what I bought in the Pro 5 unit.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Used mine for the first time too. Very smooth sander. And after using it I like the ergonomics. I didn’t think that I would.

Used mine for the first time too. Very smooth sander. And after using it I like the ergonomics. I didn’t think that I would.

It has become my go-to sander for final sanding and sanding inside finished spaces – for example, I am sanding down some pine window trim today in my living room, and will be using the pro-5. With the Abranet disks, nothing escapes

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I went into this as a non koolaid drinker. I can see why Festool fans are really into Festool but I’m not super blown away. I’m impressed they did this at a 100. I’d even pay 120 for this, but it isn’t worth more than 2x the cost of most 5″ sanders, especially with the funny ergonomics of making the body square.

Was it 100$ plus you got a 50$ coupon? To get some sand paper or something??
    I was up at the Lazy Piggs house and I see @jpp has one sitting in his garage.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Was it 100$ plus you got a 50$ coupon? To get some sand paper or something??
    I was up at the Lazy Piggs house and I see @jpp has one sitting in his garage.

It was $99, and the $50 voucher can only be used for tools and not accessories, bits, blades, paper, etc.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@Warren6810 i think it doesn’t matter now with the 50 bucks extra. if you don’t spend it before the price increases, the new price will in essence cancel each other out.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

@warren6810 i think it doesn’t matter now with the 50 bucks extra. if you don’t spend it before the price increases, the new price will in essence cancel each other out.

I got in right before the price increase. Just filled out the redemption today. I should get a $50 check from festool in 6-8 weeks

@warren6810 i think it doesn’t matter now with the 50 bucks extra. if you don’t spend it before the price increases, the new price will in essence cancel each other out.

Not every tool is getting a price increase. I was eyeballing the ETS EC models and did see that they stayed the same.

Doobie

It was $99, and the $50 voucher can only be used for tools and not accessories, bits, blades, paper, etc.

A lot of people didn’t realize this when they placed their orders last fall. I was one of them, but I can’t say it overly bothered once I found out. When you think about it, making it only eligible towards tools makes sense.

A lot of people didn’t realize this when they placed their orders last fall. I was one of them, but I can’t say it overly bothered once I found out. When you think about it, making it only eligible towards tools makes sense.

Otherwise, it would just go to sandpaper or something, and would effectively make the deal even more lopsided. Since the goal was to introduce people to Festool, making it towards a new tool makes a lot of sense, as does including the Systainer. Now I want more Systainers, and I want some more Festool tools. I was on the fence, now Im not. For me, their deal worked

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Otherwise, it would just go to sandpaper or something, and would effectively make the deal even more lopsided. Since the goal was to introduce people to Festool, making it towards a new tool makes a lot of sense, as does including the Systainer. Now I want more Systainers, and I want some more Festool tools. I was on the fence, now Im not. For me, their deal worked

Yeah me too. Guess who is selling their lboxxes lol

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 250 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.400 seconds