dcsimg

fence fix

Viewing 16 posts - 61 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I really liked the idea of the pvc or metal caps that would go over the top and maybe a couple screws in the side . Think of the top of the post being your house. Would you put a flat board on it for a roof or put screws on it?

I really liked the idea of the pvc or metal caps that would go over the top and maybe a couple screws in the side . Think of the top of the post being your house. Would you put a flat board on it for a roof or put screws on it?

Some good points, but the price of the pvc or plastic caps are about 4 times the price of Cedar, and the fence is already 9 years old, and it’s still a fence, not living inside or under it.

I even though of the metal caps, once again it also boils down to what the boss likes 😉 she likes the look of the wooden caps. The old caps had nails driven through the caps, I’m sure I should get some years out of the fence, hey the old caps lasted 9 years 🙂

Doobie

once again it also boils down to what the boss likes 😉 she likes the look of the wooden caps.

I get the same thing sometimes as well. Unless a third party comes in to confirm something wifey wants that I disagree with, you do what they want even if you don’t want to. Sigh! 🙁

once again it also boils down to what the boss likes 😉 she likes the look of the wooden caps.

I get the same thing sometimes as well. Unless a third party comes in to confirm something wifey wants that I disagree with, you do what they want even if you don’t want to. Sigh! :(

Yup, what’s the saying Happy Wife. Happy Life 😮

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

What if you took a piece of a roof shingle or ice guard and put it between the post and the cap? It would not be seen but help protect the post. You will still get rotten caps but maybe not have to replace rotten caps though.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

What if you took a piece of a roof shingle or ice guard and put it between the post and the cap? It would not be seen but help protect the post. You will still get rotten caps but maybe not have to replace rotten caps though.

Perhaps a self sticking flexible flashing…Vycor or something?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

is every post in such a bad condition ?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

I think that one was a one-off baddie of sorts. Look here earlier in this thread.

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/fence-fix/#post-403349

Yes that would be another good idea you both have.

@madman_us
    actually I was surprised to see that the top of the posts are in pretty decent shape, as Doobie mentioned it is only one that has the eyes that is the worst one, kinda looks like my scope I use at work

Doobie

@madman_us actually I was surprised to see that the top of the posts are in pretty decent shape, as Doobie mentioned it is only one that has the eyes that is the worst one, kinda looks like my scope I use at work

That’s funny. Reminds me of this character from an old 60’s Star Trek episode.

@madman_us actually I was surprised to see that the top of the posts are in pretty decent shape, as Doobie mentioned it is only one that has the eyes that is the worst one, kinda looks like my scope I use at work

I’m not that red looking am I lol

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Not yet, but nothing you can’t fix with UV lamp lol.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I think that one was a one-off baddie of sorts. Look here earlier in this thread.

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/fence-fix/#post-403349

Thanks doobie, i didnt see all these pictures haha.
    the first picture/pole looks like a bird nest

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

No, you’re not. It was the eyes that reminded me of it.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

haha ya the scope looks similar to that post 😀

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

I don’t like that Vycor idea. Not sure why really, just doesn’t SEEM right for that application.

Viewing 16 posts - 61 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.350 seconds