dcsimg

fence fix

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Author

I picked up a couple of pieces of Cedar, figured if I use that it would have more incest resistance,

Autocorrect? 😀

Oops so sorry, yup that auto correct insects

Thanks for pointing that out 🙂

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I picked up a couple of pieces of Cedar, figured if I use that it would have more incest resistance,

Autocorrect? 😀

Thanks for pointing that out :)

Hehehe, the autocorrect monster is lurking in the dark, ready to pounce on any of us when we least expect it.

Doobie

Autocorrect? 😀

Hehehe, the autocorrect monster is lurking in the dark, ready to pounce on any of us when we least expect it.

Me it’s my big clutsy fingers typing on my tablet. I’m often hitting J instead of N and hoping not to offend anyone when I missed that I typed “jew” instead of the word “new”. It’s amazing how many times this has almost happened to me.

redwood
    Pro

Don’t forget to treat the tops of those posts, regardless of what you put on top.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Don’t forget to treat the tops of those posts, regardless of what you put on top.

Yes sir, thanks for that, thanks again to all the replies from the members.

Autocorrect? 😀

Me it’s my big clutsy fingers typing on my tablet. I’m often hitting J instead of N and hoping not to offend anyone when I missed that I typed “jew” instead of the word “new”. It’s amazing how many times this has almost happened to me.

Haha I hear you Kevin. Don’t know how many times I have done this also.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Same thing with me on my phone. Some keyboard is better than others (Samsung keyboard has the best auto correct so far), but I begin to proofread what I wrote before submitting now.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man those are a mess. I would dig out and put treatment in them and fill with epoxy bondo is epoxy and then cap with something that wouldn’t rot.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The way to get rid of the woodpeckers is to remove the food source, insects. I think composite caps that fit over the post is a good idea.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Okay, what do you guys think about this, clean the tops up, they look pretty good except for the one that woody has been pecking at, but for the others, I was thinking clear the top, P L premium Coated or pitch or something to protect the top. Then I was going to use cedar for the caps, then stained,
    Should give the fence a couple of more years,

That’s something like you guys have been saying

The only one that I will have to change is the one that is really bad, it’s about 1/4 way down the post.

KenW
    Pro

I noticed the other day I don’t have wood peckers eating at my porch rails, I have bumblebees boring their home’s into it. At one spot it looks like something clawed it’s way into where the bumble bee was at.

<P>I noticed the other day I don’t have wood peckers eating at my porch rails, I have bumblebees boring their home’s into it. At one spot it looks like something clawed it’s way into where the bumble bee was at. </P>

Wow on the porch rails , have you done anything yet . or you just gonna let them BEEEEE LOL , glad to see you back Ken.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I noticed the other day I don’t have wood peckers eating at my porch rails, I have bumblebees boring their home’s into it. At one spot it looks like something clawed it’s way into where the bumble bee was at.

Those carpenter bee’s are destructive little buggers.

<P>I noticed the other day I don’t have wood peckers eating at my porch rails, I have bumblebees boring their home’s into it. At one spot it looks like something clawed it’s way into where the bumble bee was at. </P>

<P>Those carpenter bee’s are destructive little buggers. </P>

Man i thought you were kidding , then i googled it , i never knew they had carpenter bees. kinda cool.

Doobie

I’ve never heard of carpenter bees before. Carpenter ants, yes, but not bees.

Seems woodpeckers like to eat bee larvaes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpenter_bee#Natural_Predators

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Sprokitz, yes indeed they are….last deck season I ran around like a mad woman with a jug of turpentine and rags trying to clean up the sap off the wood of pt decks….everybody was calling having problems with wood boring bees, and I thought the sap was drawing them in….still not sure if that was the case, just know that the bees were a big issue. This year, haven’t got the first call.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Have got a woodpecker here at my home that seems to be confused. He sits on top of the power pole and let’s the cable junction box have it…sounds like a round of ammo going off

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

They sure are. They can bore some holes fairly fast before you even know it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Bees don’t really bother me, but wasps seem to really like me. We’re actually entering up here cooler weather where they get ‘stupid’ and whenever I’m working outside they like to buzz right in my face it seems. Drives me nuts!

I’ve never heard of carpenter bees before. Carpenter ants, yes, but not bees.

Seems woodpeckers like to eat bee larvaes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpenter_bee#Natural_Predators

Hum you could be right, I have these shrubs a few feet away from home post that is all chewed up.

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.304 seconds