dcsimg

Feedback Request – Time tracking app for general contractors

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

One of the things contractors often ask me about is an app that can help them keep track of their work hours. Something that would start logging as soon as they arrived at a job site and stopped when they left.

After several months of design, coding and testing a friend and I have finished an app that lets you do just that.

We’re at a point where we need direct feedback from people who we’ve built this for, to make it the ideal tool for the job.

== The question? ==

Does this app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.timesquared.timetracker) do a good job of keeping track of your onsite times? How could it be improved?

== Is it free? ==

The app is entirely free and without ads.

You can download it for Android phones from here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.timesquared.timetracker

== How do I give feedback? ==

Simply send us any feedback to hello@timesquared.co

Much appreciated!

== Not the right place to ask? ==

Sorry, please be nice to me (I’m new to this forum) and let me know where I should post this instead. Thanks

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Selling or promoting goods or services is not allowed on the site. Please see Item # 3 in the rules of the site listed in the link below. Unfortunately that also applies to free stuff.

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/the-rules-of-bethepro-please-read-before-posting/

Thanks for letting me know, my #1 reason for this post is collecting feedback, I’m not using it as a matter of promotion, would you please let me know how can I collect feedback about this application?

I’m a mobile developer for the last 10 years and I know the user acquisition channels such as Google or Facebook ads, but those channels do not return any real user feedback and I thought to get in touch with the potential users is my solution. Would it be possible to introduce me a better place to post this or move it to the correct category?

Does this import and export data from Quickbooks?

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I was at one job using the T-Sheets app. I stopped that chit after about a week. It was too invasive. If the employer needs me to use a app they need to supply me with a devise to use it on. This app could track where is was at??? NO WAY!!!!

Clev08
    Pro

Seems like a useful app for those with smartphones. I like that you can override the hours, I rarely leave the jobsite for lunch. But I don’t have a smartphone so I can’t use it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Seems like a useful app for those with smartphones. I like that you can override the hours, I rarely leave the jobsite for lunch. But I don’t have a smartphone so I can’t use it.

For these companies that use these apps the smart phone becomes mandatory for you being hired now a days.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Does this import and export data from Quickbooks?

The T-Sheets app is very intuitive and I’m sure it does.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have look=ed at similar apps. The location is a good thing for the employer, you can tell if a guy is on site at least when he starts his time for the day. The app creators say they more than pay for themselves in keeping employees honest with their time. Don’t get me wrong, most guys are honest and straight up with their time keeping but some are not. They also make you record your time at the beginning and end of a shift instead of trying to remember where you were each day at the end of the week and what you did each day, not to mention what time you started and quit. My personal opinion is that most timekeeping errors come from the information not being recorded each day and not from dishonesty.

I talked to a plumber I know that uses it and he discovered one of his guys was starting his time each day when he left home instead of when he got to the job.

Doobie

I talked to a plumber I know that uses it and he discovered one of his guys was starting his time each day when he left home instead of when he got to the job.

Basically theft imo. I’d fire his butt if he worked for me.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

So they use a app in lieu of having some in charge on the job??

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I think you can have all the time tracking apps in the world, and it still wont solve the problem. It is really a human condition. Some folks just want to cheat the system, and they will always find a way to do so. Where I used to work, there were a few times when the boss got time cards that he knew showed a day worked when the employee was off sick. His response was always to remove those 8 hours, plus sometimes an additional 8 hours as a penalty. Only happened a couple times, but funny that no one questioned him, as they knew they tried to steal hours and got busted.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

The guy was a plumber who typically worked alone on the job and went there directly from home. Around here a lot or companies have their employees responsible for their own time cards and do not have a time keeper on the job site. Lots of the projects are not that big

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The guy was a plumber who typically worked alone on the job and went there directly from home. Around here a lot or companies have their employees responsible for their own time cards and do not have a time keeper on the job site. Lots of the projects are not that big

So are you saying he was driving his own work truck full of his own tools? Getting the tools to the site sounds like work to me.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.243 seconds