dcsimg

Favorite Miter Saw Blades

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

What is your favorite brand of Miter saw Blade? I hate my current blade and need some advice on selecting a new one.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

a lot depends on the type of saw, I have several Freud that I like and also a couple of Bosch.

Hook angles make a lot of difference whether you are on a fixed or sliding saw.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I run a 12″ fixed dual compound Hitachi C12FDH

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

what are you using for a blade now?

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Mainly rough cutting 2×4. For finish work I change out the blade.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Anxious to try out the DareDevil blades that were recently posted up here. I imagine they will be better than the dewalt blades i have loaded up.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I am also curious to see how well the daredevil miter blade will perform.

Do any of you guys use 10″ blades on both your table saw and miter saw?

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Unfortunately I am still Table-saw-less.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Still havent pulled the trigger on a table saw yet but i would like to have a diff blade for each when the time comes.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

To have the space for every tool I wanted I think I would have to build a pole barn. That’s why I just use a circ with a rip fence.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

8 years ago i had a 10 ” hitachi mitre saw. i would use the same 50 tooth blades on it and my table saw,

i hvent used a dewalt miter saw blade in quite some time.. their throw away blades anyway. once their dull they get tossed they cant be resharpened like the freud ones can

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I was not familiar with Freud blades until I joined this forum. They seem pretty excellent.

Jeff, would you actually sharpen your Freud of send it off to someone to do?

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

How much does it cost on average to have someone sharpen them? And who would do it?

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I have no clue nick, I hope someone is able to shed some light on this murky topic.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

jason, i do have to get my blades sent out. carbide blades require special machinery to be sharpened. there is one shop in town that does it but they do a horrible job of it. i just take my blades to my lumberyard and they send them out of province

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Thanks for the insight Jeff, I don’t know if I use my blades enough to warrant that but its a great option to have.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

We have all our10″ & 12″ blades sharpened. There is an old guy on town that does it and does a pretty good job of it. An 80 tooth carbide is about 20 bucks. They charge by the tooth.
    Circular saw blades get so beat up they get thrown.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Kurt, do you only sharpen the Freud blades? Or do you sharpen all of your blades?

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I like using Diablo blades from Freud, They are extremely sharp and last a very long time .

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.563 seconds