dcsimg

favorite dust mask

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 99 total)
  • Author

I went to the Lee Valley site and can’t pick out the one you are talking about. Can you help?

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Is this the mask you guys are talking about?

Jason – I believe so…

John S

Thanks guys. I need something better than the disposables I have been using.

Amazon has a good price on buying the mask (medium size – any idea what size to get?) and it comes with 21 replacement filters… for a great price compared to lee valley (sorry Dan)

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Amazon has a good price on buying the mask (medium size – any idea what size to get?) and it comes with 21 replacement filters… for a great price compared to lee valley (sorry Dan)

Every time I have bought a mask its too small so I would say go large or Xl if available.

Maybe you just have too big of a noggin’ for your own good Jason 😛

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Maybe you just have too big of a noggin’ for your own good Jason :P

Your not kidding, I run a 7 3/4″ hat / hardhat size. Needless to say they tend to rest pretty high up on my dome.

Attachments:

haha well there ya go! I am pretty sure I am the smallest size hat (6 1/2″) or something ridiculous. I sure hope it doesnt correlate to IQ, because I am in trouble!

John S

woodman_412

Is this the mask you guys are talking about?

That’s the mask Jason. I wear a medium and that’s a perfect fit. You don’t want it to be too big otherwise you won’t get a good seal. The packages usually have a measuring guide that will tell you what size you should use based on a measurement from your face.

Dan

danpattison.com

I am thinking the medium will fit me as well, and thus, I am going to be keeping an eye on this guy:

http://www.amazon.com/North-CFR-1-Dust-Mask-Filters/dp/B0001YX7E6

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

For my much talked about drywall and sanding jobs this winter I will be rocking one for sure!

Ick. Ick ick ick. You can keep those drywall jobs to yourself! No thank you…

Grab yourself a festool drywall sander while you are at it 😛

John S

woodman_412

That’s a pretty good deal John. I usually give the mask a wash whenever I change the filter out just to keep it from getting too nasty.

Dan

danpattison.com

MattW453
    Pro
    Vancouver, Washington

I currently use one of these:

http://us.msasafety.com/Air-Purifying-Respirators-%28APR%29/Half-Masks/Advantage%26reg%3B-200-LS-Half-Mask-Respirator/p/000100000200001120

It works well for me and keeps my face a whole lot cooler than the disposable ones. Only cost me $5, too!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I use that one as well Matt.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Thanks for the link and thoughts Matt! I will definitely keep that in mind as an option… but I am not sure I see that it is N95 approved…?

John S

MattW453
    Pro
    Vancouver, Washington

You’re right, John. The respirator itself isn’t, but the individual cartridges that you put on are what’s rated. You can get cartridges that are N95 approved, R95 approved, or even P100 approved. So if you were to purchase one, you’d want to make sure it came with N95 cartridges or purchase them.
    Here’s a little more info on this specific model; page 4 shows the cartridges and their respective ratings:
    http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/content/minesafetyappliances/Advantage%20200LS%20and%203200%20Bulletin%20-%20EN

woodman_412

Matt, that’s the respirator that I have too, I have the chemical cartridges on it for when I’m doing things with finish etc. Which cartridges do you use?

Dan

danpattison.com

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Do you guys ever put a wood dust only filter on your Advantage 200 or will you resort to using a paper style dust mast for wood work?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.511 seconds