dcsimg

Favorite Brand Router Bits?

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

double post, please remove

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Well I don’t have many different brands of router bits. I have few different kinds. I would say my favorite are Craftex Blue Tornado bits. They seem to good quality and buy them when they are sale. I hoping give the router bits a try soon.

Greg

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I have a couple bosch set for half inch shank which I’m gonna buy lot more of them. For 1/4 inch shank I have some carbide tips that don’t Remember the name but they work great high quality

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Good know the Bosch bits are good. I am just not sure what I want yet.

Greg

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

“Good” is an accurate description. If you want great bits look to Whiteside or Infinity. The carbide stays sharper and cuts cleaner than the Bosch equivalent bit.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

“Good” is an accurate description. If you want great bits look to Whiteside or Infinity. The carbide stays sharper and cuts cleaner than the Bosch equivalent bit.

Right now I ok with good bits. I don’t use that much. But I will check out the ones you mentioned.

Greg

Doobie

Not sure if I chimed in this thread yet, the Festool bits I have, they are incredibly good and seem to last forever. Shame they discontinued the majority of their lineup some years ago and only still offer bits that are dedicated to their system tools.

I’ve had good luck with Freud bits but after using an Amana rabbeting bit I was really blown away by the results. Didn’t have issues with burning at all with it and the surface finish was really good. I’m kind of tempted to follow up with the insert bits they have for a reasonable price, given you can probably pull the carbide inserts off and just lightly surface them on a diamond hone to clean em up.

Clev08
    Pro

I have a couple CMT Orange bits and have been happy with them. I took out a good 1/2 inch in one pass with a 5/8ths bit and it kept up great.

Doobie

I do like LV bits. No problems with Freud either. I think they still make them in Italy.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I have a couple CMT Orange bits and have been happy with them. I took out a good 1/2 inch in one pass with a 5/8ths bit and it kept up great.

I have used a few of the CMT blades, and for the most part they have been pretty good. Never seen their router bits anywhere though. We use the routers mostly for just rounding over edges on exterior trim, so the other day I went looking for a couple new bits. Startled me to see that the good ones were $30 each.

Clev08
    Pro

Has anyone tried these grizzly bits? I’m sure they aren’t the greatest but for the price I’m thinking it would be a cheap way to get a lot of bits since I only have a couple straight bits so far.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000DD4O1?ie=UTF8&tag=exalycombo-20

Doobie

Has anyone tried these grizzly bits? I’m sure they aren’t the greatest but for the price I’m thinking it would be a cheap way to get a lot of bits since I only have a couple straight bits so far.

My rule for router bits, …Only buy bits as you need them and when you do, buy decent quality unless you know it is a one time limited use, don’t buy cheapos.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

My rule for router bits, …Only buy bits as you need them and when you do, buy decent quality unless you know it is a one time limited use, don’t buy cheapos.

Agree with this. I like the Freud and Bosch bits for any shaping task, as they seem to hold up well. If I used a specific bit all the time, I’d upgrade to a higher quality steel, but they definitely get the job done.
    For flush trim bits and pattern bits I use the fluted Whiteside bits. They work great, cut very cleanly, and seem to stay sharp forever.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I agree too on buying bits as needed. I’ve mainly ever had Bosch or Freud, whatever I can buy at the store. I don’t use a router that much, mainly rounding over some edges when I build a deck.
    What I need is a better way to store the bits I do have. I keep most of them in the little cases they came in, but that takes up so much space.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Agree with this. I like the Freud and Bosch bits for any shaping task, as they seem to hold up well. If I used a specific bit all the time, I’d upgrade to a higher quality steel, but they definitely get the job done.
    For flush trim bits and pattern bits I use the fluted Whiteside bits. They work great, cut very cleanly, and seem to stay sharp forever.

I have a mix of Freud, LV, Delta and some off brand stuff. Most I have acquired used. The Freud and LV are the best performers IMO.

Based on recommendations I think the next ones will be Infinity, Whiteside or Freud.

I have found that LV’s selection is a bit thinner than it used to be.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

I have a mix of Freud, LV, Delta and some off brand stuff. Most I have acquired used. The Freud and LV are the best performers IMO.

Based on recommendations I think the next ones will be Infinity, Whiteside or Freud.

I agree, except Ive never tried the LV ones. Freud and Bosch are great, Infinity are awesome from the single example I tried, and there are some ok ones from Yonico

IMO, the master craft kit I got in a clearance bin for 5$ for 25 bits was still the best deal – everything cut well for a few uses (the edge does not last) and those I wore out were easy to justify buying. The other ones are still around as just-in-case profiles

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I bought 2 router bits I thought I needed for couple different projects. Then are sitting in draw and have not been used in 2 or 3 years.

I have tried to buy a some used at auctions. But they seem to more then I want to pay for them. I normal don’t take any time to look at them to see if they are any good.

I agree, except Ive never tried the LV ones. Freud and Bosch are great, Infinity are awesome from the single example I tried, and there are some ok ones from Yonico

IMO, the master craft kit I got in a clearance bin for 5$ for 25 bits was still the best deal – everything cut well for a few uses (the edge does not last) and those I wore out were easy to justify buying. The other ones are still around as just-in-case profiles

I don’t have any LV. I do have some from Yonico. I am happy with it. I think I mentioned I like the Blue Tornado bits. I am really happy with these bits.

Greg

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.579 seconds