dcsimg

Fastcap

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    redwood
    Pro

Having done some testing for FastCap, I’ve always been very impressed with their operation.

I was given a couple of their tape measures and I would say they are just average. But maybe they were better then that because they disappeared quicker then my other brands.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Kamster
    Pro

I really like FastCap products,, They have some of the nifftyest gadgets.

Has anyone used their tape measures? They look cool

I have several of them. I like them more than most tapes, but they don’t seem to last long around me. The last foot or so of the blade tends to get twisted after a while…making it junk. The good news is that a replacement is about $10 though!

Plus a million in shipping to Canada.

I spare my fast cap shopping to when I am going on vacation in the states, and send it to one of those mail package pickup locations

Lee Valley is carrying some of the Fastcap tape measures and the zero clearance tape for miter saws. Its cheaper for me at Lee Valley than ordering directly from Fastcap or driving across the border to pick it up.

I have the lefty/righty (standard/reverse)tape measure and its been solid so far. And this model now comes with a nylon covered blade so it may be even better for durability

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

When I ordered my fatboy pencil, I received besides the pencil, two packages of lead in a few different colors, mostly standard lead, but also a couple reds and whites. They had a note in there saying they had sent some free surprises, I was very impressed.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

When I ordered my fatboy pencil, I received besides the pencil, two packages of lead in a few different colors, mostly standard lead, but also a couple reds and whites. They had a note in there saying they had sent some free surprises, I was very impressed.

Nice doing business with a company that appreciates your business.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Nice doing business with a company that appreciates your business.

Yeah, always nice to get those little extras, kinda reminds me of a forum I’ve heard of lol

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I have several of them. I like them more than most tapes, but they don’t seem to last long around me. The last foot or so of the blade tends to get twisted after a while…making it junk. The good news is that a replacement is about $10 though!

I spare my fast cap shopping to when I am going on vacation in the states, and send it to one of those mail package pickup locations

Lee Valley is carrying some of the Fastcap tape measures and the zero clearance tape for miter saws. Its cheaper for me at Lee Valley than ordering directly from Fastcap or driving across the border to pick it up.

I have the lefty/righty (standard/reverse)tape measure and its been solid so far. And this model now comes with a nylon covered blade so it may be even better for durability

Good to know that LV carries some of their line. Thanks.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

LV is really impressive in their lineup of products
    Guess I have to go back to Ottawa or wait for their next free shipping promo

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I too would be impressed. That is a great company to do business with.

I did know Lee Valley some Fast Cap products. I will have take closer look. I know check some stuff out on Amazon.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I need to order a pair of the Fastcap glue bottles, they are on my list over on amazon, I just keep forgetting to put them in the cart.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I assume you know but LV’s current free shipping ends today.

Will

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I assume you know but LV’s current free shipping ends today.

Oh it ends to today. I was thinking about placing a order.

Greg

CB
    Blocked

Did Paul really have to spend the first ten minutes of his video telling us that we weren’t good enough according to his standards to tour his facility? And then talk about his Porsche, twice no less?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Did Paul really have to spend the first ten minutes of his video telling us that we weren’t good enough according to his standards to tour his facility? And then talk about his Porsche, twice no less?

No, what he did was let you know the qualifications one must meet to tour his facility. You don’t qualify you potential clients before you take your time to go and talk to them?? You don’t have pride in the nice things you own???
    Well I have pride and will let everyone know how I feel about the few nice things I have,,, Oh by the way did you know my son is attending The Harvard Graduate School of Design for architecture!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Oh by the way did you know my son is attending The Harvard Graduate School of Design for architecture!

Dirty you should be proud, that is quite and accomplishment. Nothing the matter with tooting your own horn. I for one think FASTCAP is a great company.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Oh by the way did you know my son is attending The Harvard Graduate School of Design for architecture!

Dirty you should be proud, that is quite and accomplishment. Nothing the matter with tooting your own horn. I for one think FASTCAP is a great company.

That’s right!! Products I use designed in America and manufactured in America by Americans. I want my money to stay in house as much as possible.

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Did Paul really have to spend the first ten minutes of his video telling us that we weren’t good enough according to his standards to tour his facility?

So when I listen to it he goes over the requirements for about a half a minute. I fine the very fascinating and the lean concept a great way to go.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I find it very fascinating and the lean concept a great way to go.

I think his approach to manufacturing, doing it in the most efficient manner possible to get the best product to the customer at the lowest price is a winning business concept.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

I did know Lee Valley some Fast Cap products. I will have take closer look. I know check some stuff out on Amazon.

The problem is, they don’t allow you to search for “FastCap” to find them nor do they use the FastCap name in any of their long winded product descriptions on the respective product pages of products they are selling that are FastCap products. Makes finding them rather difficult.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

The problem is, they don’t allow you to search for “FastCap” to find them nor do they use the FastCap name in any of their long winded product descriptions on the respective product pages of products they are selling that are FastCap products. Makes finding them rather difficult.

I does make it hard for looking for FastCap items. You can waste alot of time searching. This why I still get Lee Valley catalogs sent to me.

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I find it very fascinating and the lean concept a great way to go.

I think his approach to manufacturing, doing it in the most efficient manner possible to get the best product to the customer at the lowest price a winning business concept.

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 130 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.488 seconds