dcsimg

Fastcap

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 130 total)
  • Author

I don’t have any FastCap products yet but I am really interested in the Pro series miter saw stands. It just looks like they are built at a much higher quality level than any of the competitors out there.

Absolutely, although maybe not as nice as this one 🙂
    http://www.mayaposi-stop.com/tables.asp

Edit: to chat about it, go here – http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/miter-saw-stands/
    haha

John S

I use the tall 3rd hands to help hold ledgers up when we are installing them, ceiling moldings, ect. I also have the smaller 3rd hands for my saw fence and installing cabinets. Lot’s of uses.

Have you guys ever seen these homemade cabinet jacks? Look interesting…

http://www.thisiscarpentry.com/2010/07/02/super-wicked-awesome-cabinet-jacks/

John S

redwood
    Pro

I would classify those as something that someone just wanted to make themselves. The 3rd hands are way more practical from a weight, storage and ease of use. Probably cheaper too.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

They are definitely cheaper in terms of time-cost… and I was surprised that you didn’t also mention that a lot of guys install the uppers first… which makes it a pretty useless tool in that case.

One of the guys mentioned this lift, which is definitely not cheap, but seems to be a very solid solution for these sorts of applications as well

http://www.contractors-solutions.net/TelPro-Gil-Lift-Cabinet-Lift-Kit-70-2-P174.aspx

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I use the 3rd hand too from WoodCraft. Works great when I’m working alone.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Here’s a couple of smaller items I have from them. Dan mentioned the pen in one of his posts on l-boxxes.

redwood
    Pro

Regarding customer service with FastCap, They sent me a email saying that they had a slight modification to some clips that hold the miter fences to the stand during transportation. If I wanted them, they would send them free.

I mentioned to them that some of the boltheads on my miter saw stand were showing signs of corrosian. 2 days later they sent me a bag of replacement SS bolts, for the whole stand.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Regarding customer service with FastCap, They sent me a email saying that they had a slight modification to some clips that hold the miter fences to the stand during transportation. If I wanted them, they would send them free.

I mentioned to them that some of the boltheads on my miter saw stand were showing signs of corrosian. 2 days later they sent me a bag of replacement SS bolts, for the whole stand.

Wow Mark – that is almost hard to believe. That is some absolutely incredible customer service. It is not as if you had to twist their arms to get help either. Companies need to realize more often that customer service is really a big selling benefit of committing your dollars towards their company.

John S

woodman_412

Here’s a couple of smaller items I have from them. Dan mentioned the pen in one of his posts on l-boxxes.

That’s exactly the pen I have Lon. I bought it just to have in my tool kit and then realized when I went to set up my l-boxx foam that it was just the ticket for doing that.

Dan

danpattison.com

kzcarp
    Pro

I have had great customer service experience with fastcap also. They really appreciate feedback on their products, and use it to make them better.

kevin

I was under the impression that if I was unsatisfied with the kaizen foam / if there was significant issues with peeling it, that they would either refund it totally or send me another sheet of it if I desired. I never had issues nor ‘took advantage’ of that, but it sure seems that they would probably hold their side of the deal in that.

John S

The guys who have fastcap chisels: did you buy the whole set or just get a size or two?

http://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=9964

Well, I just received the complete chisel set + sharpener and 2 other folding tools… Definitely have to say I am pretty impressed with their size and weight and relatively easy folding mechanisms… I haven’t gotten to use them in wood yet, but I am trusting all of you guys in saying they are worth having 🙂

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man I need some of those folding things. I love the folding aspect because it fits in my bags better.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I have the third hand for my bestFence miter saw stand system. It’s the best thing since I’ve started using a miter saw. The BestFence that is.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I received more Kaizen Foam today (1 1/8″). I pulled it out of the box, and the layers are bubbling apart, and one of the corners are nicked. I just set an email to FastCap and we’ll see what their response is. Customer Service can be more important than the product they sell. Though I would share.

I received more Kaizen Foam today (1 1/8″). I pulled it out of the box, and the layers are bubbling apart, and one of the corners are nicked. I just set an email to FastCap and we’ll see what their response is. Customer Service can be more important than the product they sell. Though I would share.

That is too bad…. My bet is that they treat you great – But that really stinks it bubbled apart on you – doesn’t sound good at all… I didn’t have any issue like that and I ordered 4 sheets…

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I didn’t have any problems with the last sheet I got either. We’ll see what happens.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I hope they make it right for you. I ordered some last week from EliteTools in Canada – FastCap wanted an extra $50 to ship it to Canada – yikes. I haven’t gotten any update on the stuff I ordered yet, hoping it will get here soon…. (At the same time I have a feeling once it does it will only lead me into a downward spiral of foam and additional L-Boxx purchasing)

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I hope they make it right for you. I ordered some last week from EliteTools in Canada – FastCap wanted an extra $50 to ship it to Canada – yikes. I haven’t gotten any update on the stuff I ordered yet, hoping it will get here soon…. (At the same time I have a feeling once it does it will only lead me into a downward spiral of foam and additional L-Boxx purchasing)

Yup, it will.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

UPDATE: Fastcap came through in fine fashion and have definetly earned my business for a while to come. After some brief comunications with Brady, they are sending me a replacement piece of Kaizen Foam, and told me that I can keep the piece that was all bubbled up, and use it up however I can. Looks like I’ll be giving them more of my money.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 130 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.514 seconds