dcsimg

Fastcap

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 130 total)
  • Author

What are some of your favorite Fastcap products?

John S

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I really like the third hand and the folding chisels.

I was hoping somebody used the folding chisels! How well does it keep its edge?

John S

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I am sold on the third hand poles. Real life savers, well maybe not a life saver but definitely a time and back saver.

redwood
    Pro

I also have the folding chisels. I haven’t used them enough to determine their life, but I enjoy having them.

The third hands are the bomb.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

You guys keep saying the third hands are the bomb…

Do you guys have the contractor pack or what?

http://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/3rd-Hand-HD-p16.htm

How do you find yourself using them the most?

John S

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I have a big one. I use it for holding shutters up for installation, holding up ends of guttering for installation, holding up the other end of trim for installation. I have just one long but next time I need dust control I am going to get a few more to hold up the plastic. I have a short one too that I use for holding cabinets up to install and vent hoods to install. These are my main uses but I am forever using them to hold something up, down, sideways so I can put screws through it.

Hadn’t seen these 3rd hands before. Where can you pick them up? Big box stores or online only?

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I got mine at Woodcraft down in Tulsa.

I have a big one. I use it for holding shutters up for installation, holding up ends of guttering for installation, holding up the other end of trim for installation. I have just one long but next time I need dust control I am going to get a few more to hold up the plastic. I have a short one too that I use for holding cabinets up to install and vent hoods to install. These are my main uses but I am forever using them to hold something up, down, sideways so I can put screws through it.

I was thinking I just might need might for installing the cabinets in my shop downstairs 😛

How many of them did you buy? Do you have any of the accessories?

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I think I have to look into the 3rd hand tools. I can use them for some of the Jobs I do for sure.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

John,
    I don’t have any accessories. I just have one long and one short but I am going to expand my line soon. Just going slow right now because one of my customers is being slow about paying and it is messing up my cash flow a little.

My short third hand is made especially for lifting up upper cabinets. If you have lower cabinets in place it is just the right height to hold the upper in place. I got one of each to see how I would use them and that was all they had in stock the day I bought them.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Chisel holds its edge well. As for me the third hands, we use them for holding plastic for dust control mostly

redwood
    Pro

I use the tall 3rd hands to help hold ledgers up when we are installing them, ceiling moldings, ect. I also have the smaller 3rd hands for my saw fence and installing cabinets. Lot’s of uses.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Hadn’t seen these 3rd hands before. Where can you pick them up? Big box stores or online only?

Eric – Like Jerry said, Woodcraft carries them, and I would imagine other woodworking/specialty stores (Rockler, Acme Tools, etc) might have them… But online from fastcap.com is super easy – you get free shipping over $100 I think.

So Kurt – you use the 3rd hands instead of zipwall’s products essentially?

John S

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Yes, they work well and are heavier duty, have more uses and are a fraction of the cost

kzcarp
    Pro

I love my third hands. Great for dust barriers, and holding up loose ends of coffered ceiling beams. And holding up other stuff too.
    Pocket chisels work way better than I expected them to. They have held their edge and are usually in my bags when I need one.
    Skins gloves. No problem handling screws or nails when wearing them, no trigger or control issues either.
    Fatboy pencil. I haven’t had one long enough to speak on its longevity, but it’s cool and looks like it will hold up.
    I like the fastcap tape measures too.

kevin

I love my third hands. Great for dust barriers, and holding up loose ends of coffered ceiling beams. And holding up other stuff too.<br>
    Pocket chisels work way better than I expected them to. They have held their edge and are usually in my bags when I need one.<br>
    Skins gloves. No problem handling screws or nails when wearing them, no trigger or control issues either.<br>
    Fatboy pencil. I haven’t had one long enough to speak on its longevity, but it’s cool and looks like it will hold up.<br>
    I like the fastcap tape measures too.

kevin

Kevin – I bought a pair of the skin gloves but totally forgot until just now. I have been using the quikrete gloves and enjoy them quite a bit, but I do remember trying on the skin gloves when I first got them and thought they would be great in terms of not losing any feeling in my fingers. I gotta go find them!

Anyone else use any of the other folding tools besides the chisels?

John S

The guys who have fastcap chisels: did you buy the whole set or just get a size or two?

http://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=9964

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I don’t have any FastCap products yet but I am really interested in the Pro series miter saw stands. It just looks like they are built at a much higher quality level than any of the competitors out there.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 130 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.565 seconds