dcsimg

Fastcap to produce Paulk work benches.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

here is an article on the bench. $530 which includes shipping and an hour to assemble or so they say.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/trucks-equipment/jobsite-equipment/the-ultimate-workbench-in-a-box_o?utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=Article&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=TOTT_092016%20(1)&he=b10b13606430dce60d4993289987b3020504f62a

I looked up on fastcaps website yesterday . The price they want are bit pricy in my opinion . They have three options . All everyone wants is the Cnc cut out top .

yah i’d rather just get the plans and make it myself, It’ll be a difference of a couple hundred dollars, i could buy more clamps with that money.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

here is an article on the bench. $530 which includes shipping and an hour to assemble or so they say.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/trucks-equipment/jobsite-equipment/the-ultimate-workbench-in-a-box_o?utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=Article&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=TOTT_092016%20(1)&he=b10b13606430dce60d4993289987b3020504f62a

I looked up on fastcaps website yesterday . The price they want are bit pricy in my opinion . They have three options . All everyone wants is the Cnc cut out top .

I think I remember someone in a previous discussion on this that had their cabinet shop make a top for them on the shops CNC. Once programed they could kick out a lot of themfairly easily. I do not remember what the cabinet shop charged but I would think if you did a few of them you would get it down to a hundred a top or less. In a lot of cases if you have a good relationship with a shop they will take fairly good care of you.

I figured the shipping would be high. The price for the kit seems pretty fair.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I figured the shipping would be high.

Shipping is the problem on something like that. On big bulky item I always choose ship to store to save money.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I got a email from fastcap yesterday about order pricing sheet . $630 for a fully Assembled table seems a bit high .

Always willing to learn .

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

This is great for Ron Paulk. It is a good bench design. I talked about building something similar. I don’t want my bench to be portable.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

This is great for Ron Paulk. It is a good bench design. I talked about building something similar. I don’t want my bench to be portable.

You are 100% right. It this good for him (which he more than deserves for his time, and he has helped many with the design for little or nothing) as well for Fast Cap ( Hope they do well for their efforts).

You are 100% right. It this good for him (which he more than deserves for his time, and he has helped many with the design for little or nothing) as well for Fast Cap ( Hope they do well for their efforts).

I enjoy seeing a guy in the trades succeed from an idea he used himself in the field. I wish him tons of success with this. People will buy it.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I enjoy seeing a guy in the trades succeed from an idea he used himself in the field. I wish him tons of success with this. People will buy it.

He has a good design and convinced someone it was marketable. Nice to see success stories.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

People will buy it.

I agree. In fact, I think they’re gonna sell lots of them.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

People will buy it.

I agree. In fact, I think they’re gonna sell lots of them.

I think the best part is there will be tons of people across all bands of work that will buy it from contractors, to diy to pinterest groups.

Yes I agree with that, would be nice to see more people getting their ideas out there making some extra income.
    It is a nice table.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I would say this best way. Ron design a bench that he need for his job and kept making improvements on it. Most things design by someone never uses what they design.
    Also it is a great feature that it is portable.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Jpg-woodworking
    Pro
    Tallahassee, FL

The price is about what I would expect with materials cost, profit, and shipping. I built a variation of his “Paulk total station” and I had about $200 in materials in it and it weighs roughly 40 lbs. Figure $200 material, $200 profit/recouping CNC costs/marketing/etc, and $130 shipping and there you have it.

One thing he misses with his advertising IMO is how well it works in a smaller permanent shop. I use mine more in my shop these days than I do on jobsites, and it works better than any bench I’ve used before, but can be stood on end and stacked in the corner when I need the extra space.

Selling complete tables vs plans isn’t likely to interfere with each other. The guys who will buy the whole table are either the type that show off and polish their tools more than they use them, who will tell their friends about “the best workbench ever” as they build a birdhouse for their wife, or serious contractors. If I had 6 crews of guys that would each benefit from using one of these on a site, I would just buy them. It is cheaper than spending 10-15 hours of my time building a bunch of them.

Doobie

The price is about what I would expect with materials cost, profit, and shipping. I built a variation of his “Paulk total station” and I had about $200 in materials in it and it weighs roughly 40 lbs. Figure $200 material, $200 profit/recouping CNC costs/marketing/etc, and $130 shipping and there you have it.

One thing he misses with his advertising IMO is how well it works in a smaller permanent shop. I use mine more in my shop these days than I do on jobsites, and it works better than any bench I’ve used before, but can be stood on end and stacked in the corner when I need the extra space.

Selling complete tables vs plans isn’t likely to interfere with each other. The guys who will buy the whole table are either the type that show off and polish their tools more than they use them, who will tell their friends about “the best workbench ever” as they build a birdhouse for their wife, or serious contractors. If I had 6 crews of guys that would each benefit from using one of these on a site, I would just buy them. It is cheaper than spending 10-15 hours of my time building a bunch of them.

Well said! 100% agree with you on every point and perspective.

👍

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t see any labor cost??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I watched Paul’s YouTube video last night putting that kit together . Most of it is built out of 1/2 plywood . He pointed out about predrilling more then what gets done for you . He clamps the plywood together cause the veneer comes apart . Seems like he is not happy with the product .

Always willing to learn .

Doobie

I watched Paul’s YouTube video last night putting that kit together . Most of it is built out of 1/2 plywood . He pointed out about predrilling more then what gets done for you . He clamps the plywood together cause the veneer comes apart . Seems like he is not happy with the product .

Could you post up that video? I’d like to check that out.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

$630 for a assembled table… no thanks.. i can buy a sheet of shop grade ply for $50 which from which i can build a 32×48 version out and simply set across my folding aluminum sawhorses

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Doobie

$630 for a assembled table… no thanks.. i can buy a sheet of shop grade ply for $50 which from which i can build a 32×48 version out and simply set across my folding aluminum sawhorses

Now that I think about it, that is getting pricey. Right up there with what I paid for my Walko 3 some years ago. Gotta say though, that Walko is worth it! Does a lot of things and is not bad weight portability wise. I have been using it mostly for sheet goods cutting lately.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.515 seconds