dcsimg

Fastcap to produce Paulk work benches.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Been wanting to make my own pualk style bench for a while. Probably wont buy one because I want to customize a few things on it.

I like the Paulk table but for me the OA table is much more portable so I think I would put my efforts in that one. I do not have plans for it.

The jobs I work on are usually pretty big and I am there for a while. So a bigger less portable table is doable for me.

I see you work on the higher end stuff. I agree on the more comprehensive table on your sties.

That’s a good point. I wouldn’t want it myself if I had to move in and out every day. Maybe if one day it came made put of carbon fiber it would be nice and light. Or how bout if it came on a gravity rise stand with wheels?

Man we think alike,, I know scary. I have though of laminating a sheet High Density Foam Board with carbon fiber and a vacuum pump to make some light weight ½” or less sheets.. then go about building the Paulk table out of that.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

Been wanting to make my own pualk style bench for a while. Probably wont buy one because I want to customize a few things on it.

I like the Paulk table but for me the OA table is much more portable so I think I would put my efforts in that one. I do not have plans for it.

The jobs I work on are usually pretty big and I am there for a while. So a bigger less portable table is doable for me.

I see you work on the higher end stuff. I agree on the more comprehensive table on your sties.

That’s a good point. I wouldn’t want it myself if I had to move in and out every day. Maybe if one day it came made put of carbon fiber it would be nice and light. Or how bout if it came on a gravity rise stand with wheels?

Man we think alike,, I know scary. I have though of laminating a sheet High Density Foam Board with carbon fiber and a vacuum pump to make some light weight ½” or less sheets.. then go about building the Paulk table out of that.

It would also meke it weatherproof which would be another plus. Plop a wet tile saw on it and away you go as well.

I think that a lot of people will jump on these. Have to give that man credit, he is creative, glad fastcap recogises that

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

id like to say this is cool that fast cap is dealing it.. but wouldnt it maybe just be simpler for paulk to keep selling the plans.. something tells me its a cash cow for him now..

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Thanks for the plug @DirtyWhiteBoy! I like a larger setup on our bigger jobs too @Austin but the Paulk setup just seemed bulky. It is why I designed mine. Probably the same reason @woodman_412 came up with his great design too…

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

@dirtywhiteboy a carbon fiber paulk would be amazing. But what would happen if you cut into it?

@dirtywhiteboy a carbon fiber paulk would be amazing. But what would happen if you cut into it?

I don’t think it would be that much of an issue, dull a blade a bit and depending on the cut, you may have to repair it, but it is not impossible, it would be more like repairing fiberglass from what I understand from those people with carbon fiber kayaks.

Will

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well your a smart guy and you know what would happen lol,,, You’d have to have a surficial foam pad to protect it.
    See,,,, wait a……. so are you saying to lam. a sheet of¼” on the top of top?????

Dirty

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I put a value of $200 on it.

Now how about that slip and slide I saw at the end of that last video….:)

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

id like to say this is cool that fast cap is dealing it.. but wouldnt it maybe just be simpler for paulk to keep selling the plans.. something tells me its a cash cow for him now..

with fastcaps distribution, it may reach a wider target which would sell even more and he would get more royalties.

Just means he is done doing it himself . Let some company do it and he doesn’t have any headaches just a extra cash coming in every month .

Always willing to learn .

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Just means he is done doing it himself . Let some company do it and he doesn’t have any headaches just a extra cash coming in every month .

The product developer will receive between 2 and 5 percent of the sales of an item from Fastcap.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I wonder if he will keep selling the plans to his work table?? Maybe FastCap will only sell the kit.

Dirty

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Through the years while working I am using a tool and say,” It would be so much better if”. If I can only harness the thought process or put the idea in motion……

To think of a revenue stream from a product idea.

How do you suppose the royalty’s are structured? You provide an idea but someone else makes its, stocks it, ships it, markets it, manages it.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

here is an article on the bench. $530 which includes shipping and an hour to assemble or so they say.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/trucks-equipment/jobsite-equipment/the-ultimate-workbench-in-a-box_o?utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=Article&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=TOTT_092016%20(1)&he=b10b13606430dce60d4993289987b3020504f62a

I looked up on fastcaps website yesterday . The price they want are bit pricy in my opinion . They have three options . All everyone wants is the Cnc cut out top .

Always willing to learn .

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

here is an article on the bench. $530 which includes shipping and an hour to assemble or so they say.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/trucks-equipment/jobsite-equipment/the-ultimate-workbench-in-a-box_o?utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=Article&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=TOTT_092016%20(1)&he=b10b13606430dce60d4993289987b3020504f62a

I looked up on fastcaps website yesterday . The price they want are bit pricy in my opinion . They have three options . All everyone wants is the Cnc cut out top .

How much of a difference does the CNC top make vs drilling your own holes. I realize it pretty hard to get them 100% square but does that affect the clamps in any way.

I’m shocked at how expensive it is. It can’t cost them more than a couple hundred $$ to build and ship.

How much of a difference does the CNC top make vs drilling your own holes. I realize it pretty hard to get them 100% square but does that affect the clamps in any way.

If you have the rail systems from Festool or Bosch (NAINA) you can do a 32mm spacing with all your holes and ensure they’re square to each other. Realistically I think you’d have to worry about the material you’re dealing with and how much it can change with moisture than worrying about accuracy. A lot of those wood CNC machines are definitely noodly in comparison to a dedicated metalworking machine.

Some guys just use pegboard as a jig for their spacing as well and they get square spacing of the holes.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Kurt Thank you for posting the article. Wow that sure is a nice bench. For what you get the price is not really that bad.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.591 seconds