dcsimg

Fastcap to produce Paulk work benches.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

I’m not sure if this has ever come up in the forum, or if there’s an existing thread already, but I just saw what looks to be confirmation that Fastcap will be producing, marketing, and selling pre assembled Paulk work benches.
    Any thoughts on that?

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Yeah I seen that to . How much could it be . The weight from shipping must be costly . I think one of the cool things about his top is building it yourself .

Always willing to learn .

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Fastcap is pretty good about being on the ball finding new ideas to produce. Seeing as they are putting inventors/developers own names on them I would think they offer pretty good deals for the rights to produce. I have no use for a Paulk type bench, but I think they are a great idea and well thought out. They are all made from plywood so I would think they have the CNC’s cranked up and will pound out a pretty good run of them. I wonder what the price point will be vs. what it would cost to just build one. Sometimes the economics of scale make it less expensive just to buy the kit. You can get a better deal per unit on a train car of plywood than just a single sheet.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

Don’t use Instagram nor will it let me look at it there without subscribing it seems, but I did find this…

He is doing some test runs .

Always willing to learn .

Attachments:

Pretty cool for him! You can tell he is proud and should be. Seeing an idea go from some basic plans to what he has now is a big achievement. If they can keep the shipping cost down this has a real good chance at selling well. It is a smaller version so a little more portable than his big version. Seems like a nice alternative to the Festool MFT.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

thats awesome, it was a long time coming, he couldn’t do it himself as he probably didn’t have the manufacturing or distribution channels, where fast cap will be able to handle all of that for him, its a win win.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have the plans and if I need one would need to build my own.
    The termites just love that birch ply!!!
    So how much should he charge??? TreeFiddy?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Been wanting to make my own pualk style bench for a while. Probably wont buy one because I want to customize a few things on it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Been wanting to make my own pualk style bench for a while. Probably wont buy one because I want to customize a few things on it.

I like the Paulk table but for me the OA table is much more portable so I think I would put my efforts in that one. I do not have plans for it.

Dirty

woodman_412

That’s really cool that you can buy kits now. I’m in the same boat as some of you guys that I would rather build my own from scratch but that’s a great idea for people that would prefer not to. Maybe someday you’ll be able to buy an MPT kit 😀

Dan

danpattison.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Don’t use Instagram nor will it let me look at it there without subscribing it seems, but I did find this…

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/rlBf2PnQVdg?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; allowfullscreen=”” frameborder=”0″ height=”433″ width=”770″></iframe></figure>
    <figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/5y9YdXey3b4?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; allowfullscreen=”” frameborder=”0″ height=”433″ width=”770″></iframe></figure>
    <figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/AEPkmTjFpoU?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; allowfullscreen=”” frameborder=”0″ height=”433″ width=”770″></iframe></figure>

Thanks Doobie man I have a hard time with the instant grams too.

Dirty

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

That’s really cool that you can buy kits now. I’m in the same boat as some of you guys that I would rather build my own from scratch but that’s a great idea for people that would prefer not to. Maybe someday you’ll be able to buy an MPT kit 😀

mabe its something you can talk to fastcap about, seeing as how paulk was in the same boat as you. Neither one of you can produce these and ship them at a cost that would be beneficial to you. Fast cap has the manufacturing side down pat as well as the distribution as well.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Interesting concept. It will be interesting to see how they sell and pricing. Like Dirty, I prefer over’s bench. I need to order the plans sometime and make one.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I like the Paulk table but for me the OA table is much more portable so I think I would put my efforts in that one. I do not have plans for it.

The jobs I work on are usually pretty big and I am there for a while. So a bigger less portable table is doable for me.

Doobie

Years ago, I might have built got one of his. But I have an MFT and a Walko, which seem to work fine for me. On occasion depending what I’m doing, I’ll even drag out my old B&D Workmate 400. But he does have a clever design, I just don’t need it. The Walko is the cats meow for cutting stuff.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The jobs I work on are usually pretty big and I am there for a while. So a bigger less portable table is doable for me.

I see you work on the higher end stuff. I agree on the more comprehensive table on your sties.

Dirty

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

That would be a practical size for me to use as a runout table for my TS. The one I am using has some limitations for assembly and the Paulk design would address that. Depending on price and finished size, I might be persuaded to buy the kit.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

I see you work on the higher end stuff. I agree on the more comprehensive table on your sties.

That’s a good point. I wouldn’t want it myself if I had to move in and out every day. Maybe if one day it came made put of carbon fiber it would be nice and light. Or how bout if it came on a gravity rise stand with wheels?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.465 seconds