dcsimg

Fall Protection

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

It gutter cleaning season. Do you guys clean your gutters from a ladder or do you get up on the roof? If you get up on the roof are you planning on wearing a harness?

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I always clean gutters from the ladder. I clean a lot of gutters for work and always use the ladder. Never get on the roof.
    and jason you are right, when at work I get nervous going on roofs and take a lot of precautions but never tie myself to anything, but always keep my cell phone in my pocket just in case. I do tie the ladder off to the gutter though.. sat on a roof for quite awhile once when the ladder fell.
    at home i never think twice about climbing around on the roof.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

redwood
    Pro

Our roof has a 7-12 pitch. When I was younger, I always cleaned the gutters from the roof. As I got older, I switched to a ladder. Now I have my son do it and he is usually on the roof. Knock on wood, no accidents yet.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

I will not get on my roof…extremely steep and the concrete tiles can move on you…not very safe.

Orange County, CA

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I will go on my roof once or twice a year to inspect is closely but for gutter cleaning I use a ladder. I don’t think its smart to have a hose, bucket, water and heights.

kzcarp
    Pro

Ladder for me, all of my gutters at home can be reached from a 10′ stepladder.

kevin

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have a lot of fall protection but most of it is too old and needs to inspected to work on a military job.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m all for fall protection and think it should be a law. Just so employers have to provide it. And then from there I think it should be up to the person if they want to use it or not. Although I don’t mind falling, I’ve done it a lot. It’s the part after that that sucks.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Although I don’t mind falling,

Oh it’s not the fall that hurts it’s that sudden stop at the bottom that sucks

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

I wear something every blue moon, but I’ve just never been in the habit of using it. I should though.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I avoid all but the very shallow pitch roofs.

This is most pertinent for guys who are working way, way up there… But I remembered a review Stuart did on an interesting tool tether system… It would be better to not drop anything from up high onto somebody or something…

http://toolguyd.com/proto-skyhook-tool-tether-system-review/

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

My Fall Protection training card will expire soon and I will retake the class on Tuesday morning at 8am along with a bunch of coworkers. It will be about 4 hours and we will be paid for our time.I wonder if anything has changed in the past 2 years? The card only last for 2 years.

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.444 seconds