dcsimg

FaceBook Marketing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

One of the more difficult aspects of being a contractor (for me at least) is making sure that jobs keep coming in. For some time my only form of advertising was word of mouth – that worked, it kept me busy for several years. Within the last year I have begun to market on social media (primarily Facebook) pretty heavily with surprisingly good results. I post once a week on several different local buy/sell/trade FB groups and FB marketplace – simple posts explaining the services we offer and lots of pics of various projects. I also do paid Facebook ads about once a month with good success.

I live in a fairly rural area; the village I live in has around 2,500 residents and the nearest city of any size is Youngstown, Ohio with a population of around 65,000….Most of my work is in 2 counties with a combined population of somewhere around 340,000 people. The ads I post on FB buy/sell/trade groups and marketplace reach an average of 40,000 to 60,000 people…and it doesn’t cost me a dime. When I post these ads I usually start getting inquiries with a few hours. I have been keeping track and each time I post the ads I am averaging 19 inquiries; through conversation I screen the inquiries and get the number knocked down to an average of 7 people who are serious customers. Of those I am averaging 2 to 3 sales.

I would say that fb marketing has increased my work load by about 25%; pretty good for free marketing lol. Another benefit of the fb marketing is branding – thousands of people see my company name and logo on facebook once a week. I am currently planning to create a revolving schedule for posting on the buy/sell/trade groups – breaking them up so instead of posting on all the groups at the same time I will post on 2 or 3 a day. This way my ad is out there on peoples facebook feeds daily.

Has anyone else got into facebook (or social media in general) marketing? If so, what was your experience with it?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

That seems to be the new way to advertise . I used to run a add in a small local paper that kept me busy. The local paper did much better than the big city papers. I am glad I don’t have to deal with all that now. I also don’t miss dealing with customers .

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

No advertising at all. I have a facebook account where I pass by a few times a year. No other social media presence.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

No advertising here other than word if mouth.

A couple of years ago, fir several years work flow was terrible and I felt I was left out not having any internet presence. I didn’t want one either. Too many drive bys wasting your time.

I did local newspapers and I sold whatever came out of it but for the most part it was dead compared to the old days.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Other than a Facebook page for our business we have not done any advertising on Facebook. We do not update or post to our facebook page as much as we should. We do seem to get a fair amount of visits to our page as well as our website.

This year we are focusing on larger jobs instead of the smaller ones. Hopefully that will make it easier on me in the office and allow me more time in the field.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

All social media marketing relies on constant updates, daily. When somebody lands on your page they need to see activity and updates for it to be effective. Remember if they land on your page and respond they expect almost immediate feedback.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Other than a Facebook page for our business we have not done any advertising on Facebook. We do not update or post to our facebook page as much as we should. We do seem to get a fair amount of visits to our page as well as our website.

This year we are focusing on larger jobs instead of the smaller ones. Hopefully that will make it easier on me in the office and allow me more time in the field.

Kurt who do you work with? Crew? Partners? Solo? Part timers? Office help?

Sometimes I want to grow other times I’m content being small. Doing everything by myself kind of burns me out.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Has anyone else got into facebook (or social media in general) marketing? If so, what was your experience with it?

I’ve tried it a few times with little success. The Facebook tracking stuff seems to show that I had a bunch of hits, but it didn’t turn into very many calls.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I’ve tried it a few times with little success. The Facebook tracking stuff seems to show that I had a bunch of hits, but it didn’t turn into very many calls.

I think that, as with most forms of marketing, repetition is key. I currently post once a week with good results, my website hits also spike whenever I post the ads.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Kurt who do you work with? Crew? Partners? Solo? Part timers? Office help?

Sometimes I want to grow other times I’m content being small. Doing everything by myself kind of burns me out.

Right now I have 3 carpenters in the field. The last couple days I have been working with them a fair bit on the project we are working on. I sometimes work with one of them or Solo, depending on what needs to be done.

We do almost all of our own carpentry, most of our own dirt work with the exception of digging the hole for the basement (we have large dump trucks and skid loaders). Small excavation we will do with our mini excavator. Siding and trim we self perform. on stain jobs, we typically do that in house, paint gets subbed. Demolition is our own guys. We have set structural steel on smaller jobs. We also do installs for a company that sells gym equipment so we do a lot of wall pads in gyms and wrestling rooms, basketball hoops and backboards, football goal posts, floor sleeves for gymnastics equipment and volleyball poles.

There never seems like their is a lack of tings for me to do. @topnotch

I do spend a lot of time in the office bidding, designing, ordering and the like. something I would like to do less of.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I think it is a good idea for the amount of people using FB. I know we have found services from seeing it on FB.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

My wife does a ton of social media marketing for her yoga business and has been in the social media marketing world for the past twelve years or so, blogging and writing for other people and making money doing it. She has spent s lot of time researching and implementing what she’s found, and from what I understand the key is just like you said – consistency and repitition. Facebook wants people to want to be on Facebook, so it rewards pages that draw people in, keep activity high, and post content that gets people engaging. I think whatever you decide to do, if you’re consistent it will probably keep working at the level you’re at, but if you want it to grow you’ll have to keep feeding the beast, lol!

From what you’ve said, you seem to know how the game works and are doing a lot of the right things. I think it’s really smart to want to stagger new content too and will likely spread out your responses so that you may have a more consistent flow of interaction.

I get why people don’t want to do it though – it’s a lot more like work than people think social media is. But that’s because you’re making it your marketing, and there’s a reason companies pay a lot for marketing.

Good luck with that, I hope it goes well for you @ChadM!

Charlie

Instagram

More than just a meeting place for friends, Facebook has grown into a venue for businesses to market themselves through interaction with customers and self-promotion. Whether you’re a big corporation or a small local biz, Facebook is a powerful marketing tool – it’s a great space to keep customers informed, develop brand identity, and broaden your reach.

NENETH GERONA
    Tusco Inc.
    4000 Industrial Drive Cottondale, AL 35453
    205-553-8616
    www.tuscoinc.com

It’s nice to see that Facebook advertising worked well for your business. I work in the property and construction business, and my company also gets many potential buyers from Facebook marketing. And since we also have to send and receive hundreds of real estate sms messages, so business messaging is also important for us.

Doobie

It’s nice to see that Facebook advertising worked well for your business. I work in the property and construction business, and my company also gets many potential buyers from Facebook marketing. And since we also have to send and receive hundreds of XXXXX, so business messaging is also important for us.

More bloody SPAM! Aaaargh!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.020 seconds