dcsimg

Eye Protection

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 198 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

Yeah I’m fine, the only pain I had was during the time it took to get to the eye Dr. and I would close my eyelid which would cut the lid.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

I never wore eye protection…… until I had a 1/2 inch wire from a wire brush stuck in my eyeball.

Ouch, did you heal up ok? Those are deceivingly dangerous, the first time I used one I had a wire go all the way through a pair of jeans and into my thigh and from then on learned pretty quick where to stand and to cover up. I’m much more careful with them now but honestly never had a clue until I had a near miss.

I’m just saying, i wouldn’t be too quick to dismiss it as a marketing tactic.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

The safety glasses I wear are nice because you can simply replace the lenses. Is one gets that bad, I’ll pay the money for new lenses.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

where do you get the new lenses from?

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

One of the local stores has them readily available. I use ESS CDI glasses and lenses. You can find them for good prices.

http://www.esseyepro.com/CDI-Black_14_detail.html

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Cool, I wasn’t aware they made those. I am use to seeing the disposable kind.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I like them a lot and have been using them for the last 5 years.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I can get just one RX lens replaced too if needed. I’ve used my safety sunglasses windsurfing in big surf and had a lens get blown out and ordered a new one.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Safety squint for me too. But i make my help wear glasses. The only time I’ve gotten anything in my eye was when i was wearing glasses. Bounced off my cheek, ricochet against the glasses and into my eye

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Safety squint for me too. But i make my help wear glasses

I know a guy that caught a tico nail with the safety squint on. He’s now a one eyed carpenter.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Face shield for me when using saws. I’m done getting metal shavings flying into my eye when wearing just plain eyeglasses.

Pat

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

oh no, please spare the details of the removing metal in the eye procedure. thanks!

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I got a set of Bosch glasses in the pinner I got. The glasses actually have pretty good clarity, and the slight wrap around isn’t distorted like a lot of curved lenses, pretty happy with them.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

The distortion is the major reason i don’t wear glasses. i don’t feel as safe on my feet while wearing them. Might feel better if i had safety prescription glasses but i don’t wear scrips for work, only driving (and hunting or checking out chicks from a distance, whata perv)

RSG
    Pro
    Niles, OH

I use the Dewalt Router Safety Galsses. they fit me well and are comfortable anf or only around $10 a pair

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I got a set of Bosch glasses in the pinner I got.

That’s pretty cool. Nice that they throw them in the box like that.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Replacing the lenses is a great idea. I had bought a really nice set of DeWalt wraparound ones a while back and while I do like them they scratched way too easily. They weren’t cheap either.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

i thought about getting a pair of those dewalt glasses a couple times but havent pulled the trigger on them yet. maybe i will pass given your feedback.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Other than 3M, which company makes a good safety goggle ?

Doobie

Prescription safety glasses for me. Can’t stand cheapo ones. Once I’d get soreness from wearing cheapies, I would discard them and tend to keep working and that’s not a good thing.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 198 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.694 seconds