dcsimg

Eye Protection

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 198 total)
  • Author

So, I admit I am definitely an l-boxx geek. Add on top of that that I am definitely somewhat of a safety nerd as well… so, I am curious what (if any) any of you guys use for eye protection…

John S

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I wear the 3M wraparound safety glasses, clear for inside and tinted for outside.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

another 3M wrap around safety glasses, unless I am doing something crazy, then I might grab a face shield.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO
    mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I have a lot of safety glasses around, my current favorites are the Uvex ones. I also have a big face hood I use for the angle grinder. I need to get some tinted ones for outside like Chad mentioned.

I just got some prescription glasses with safety shields. I always wear them…you only get one set of eyes and so I am not sure why anyone would take the risk and not wear them.

Orange County, CA

I gave my answer here:

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/safety-glasses/

Shoot, I totally missed that topic – my bad Sven! If i could merge the two, I would – but they are in different subcategories :\

John S

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

another 3M wrap around safety glasses, unless I am doing something crazy, then I might grab a face shield.

If I am using the lathe I wear a face shield – when grinding overhead too.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

I like the 3m wraparound too, and then add the face shield when cutting metal. I need to pick up some more for the garage and a 3-pack for the truck so I always have them.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i dont bother wearing actual saftey glasses.. my presciption lenses are made out of the exact same plastic as saftey lenses. the only difference is i dont have side shields

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

A face shield or goggles for sure when on the lathe, grinding or on the chain saw. I wear glasses normally so that is all I have for normal activity in the shop. Probably should have a pair made for the shop but that is not inexpensive like non-prescription wraparound sun glasses. But as Scot says, you only get one pair of eyes.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I just wear my Oakley’s

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I always have safety glasses that I wear for sunglasses but I don’t do a good job of wearing clear glasses when indoors or low light.

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

I’m like Kurt, sunglasses for me, but I did just get a dewalt pair for Christmas.

John, great job on the double forums, you trying to get more points. Haha

woodman_412

I wear prescription safety glasses and have for the last 7 months. I really enjoy having them since everything is crisp and the lenses don’t scratch like cheaper safety glasses do. They also have an anti-glare coating so I don’t get glare either. The other bonus is I always have them on so they never get lost and there’s never any temptation to make a cut without them.

Dan

danpattison.com

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

3m wrap as well; and they fit over my glasses which is a plus

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I gave my answer here:
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/safety-glasses/

I also commented on this matter over here. http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/safety-glasses/#post-61116

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

All too often, I use the squint method.

It’s really something I need to work on.

That being said, I have a pair of DeWalt safety glasses and another one but I forget the brand.

Resident Sign Guy

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

All too often, I use the squint method.

I’m guilty of this as well at times. It’s just one cut, etc. I have a habit of forgetting to put glasses on. But then once I have them on, I tend to forget they are there.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

dan, how do you find the antiglare coating for dealing with dust.. everyone i talk to whos gotten it says dont waste your moneey ite creatss a dust magnet on the lenses. do you find this>=?

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 198 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.524 seconds