dcsimg

Eye protection from the dust particles

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi there,
    I am working at a construction site. It has been 1 month but I am experiencing itching and irritation in my eyes. When I consulted the doctor, they recommended me to use glasses while working in order to protect from the dust. What type of glasses is good to prevent the dust particles? Is there any dust protective glasses available in the market. What type of glasses is good for my situation? Any other alternative solutions to protect the eyes from the dust?

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I usually wear foam backed safety glasses because they add a bit more protection than regular ones would.

Hi there,
    I am working at a construction site. It has been 1 month but I am experiencing itching and irritation in my eyes. When I consulted the doctor, they recommended me to use glasses while working in order to protect from the dust. What type of glasses is good to prevent the dust particles? Is there any dust protective glasses available in the market. What type of glasses is good for my situation? Any other alternative solutions to protect the eyes from the dust?

Are you mostly getting dust flying directly into your face or is it ambient dust levels?

No glasses will help with a cloud of fog- for that, you need goggles with side coverage

For direct, choose the ones you like. The glasses you wear are always better than the ones you dont

Another option, depending on the job, the site, and the tools, is to try to get the dust at source with better dust collection

If its irritating the eyes, its probably irritating the lungs too. Keep that in mind

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Hi there,

Are you mostly getting dust flying directly into your face or is it ambient dust levels?

No glasses will help with a cloud of fog- for that, you need goggles with side coverage

For direct, choose the ones you like. The glasses you wear are always better than the ones you dont

Another option, depending on the job, the site, and the tools, is to try to get the dust at source with better dust collection

If its irritating the eyes, its probably irritating the lungs too. Keep that in mind

Really depends on how much is floating around.
    Glasses or goggles will depend on which you thing will keep the dust out of your eyes.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

There are some safety goggles out there that will keep some dust out but none of them are perfect. Instead of dealing with the dust getting into your eyes I would recommend trying to get rid of the dust at the source. As said a little bit of dust collection can make a big difference.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

get a full face mask, i know a few that use it and i am looking at picking one up to help against the ambient dust levels.

Doobie

Trendshield and especially 3M make a host of battery run breathable masks. You may want to look at those.

First off, do you have to wear eye glasses?
    Second it depends on the type of work you are doing at the time of dust,
    Overhead work tends to spit more dust around your face and eyes, for this I would use a set of goggles, or a full face shield.

But for the Standard work I think you would be okay with the typical safety glasses,
    That being said, I assume you were working overhead?

Good luck on your decision, let us know what you decide.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I agree with Austin – it sounds like your best option to eliminate dust at its source. If airborne dust is irritating your eyes enough to be an issue then safety glasses will do little for you. A good dust collection system and perhaps even an air filtration system would be your best bet.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

@ChadM ☝️

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.251 seconds