dcsimg

Extreme Birdhouses

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 1,013 total)
  • Author

Like to welcome Mrs. B as well

You must have an amazing amount of knowledge. You have to know how to build, how materials work with each other, and about the birds and what works for each , incredible, to say the least

Going to be some really happy birds with a roof top decks .

Always willing to learn .

I am always amazed and impressed by your craftsmanship and creativity. These are works of art.

Orange County, CA

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I am always amazed and impressed by your craftsmanship and creativity. These are works of art.

Well said! They are like the bird houses of the Rich and Famous.

A Working Pro since 2004

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Super cool and Thanks for the roof info, Although I can’t find any of it around here yet but I’ll keep looking. I saw someone mentioned how big ya go earlier and it reminded me of that great big one you were working on last year, Wasn’t it something like 10′ long or so?

Thank you guys for all the very nice comments ! I have one on the go now that will be over 12 ft wide .

Thank you guys for all the very nice comments ! I have one on the go now that will be over 12 ft wide .

I can’t even imagine what you would come up with if you built dog houses. 🙂
    12′ wide bird house – wow! Did you model it after an existing building? Can’t wait to see the picture.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Super cool and Thanks for the roof info, Although I can’t find any of it around here yet but I’ll keep looking. I saw someone mentioned how big ya go earlier and it reminded me of that great big one you were working on last year, Wasn’t it something like 10′ long or so?

12 ft wide bird house is huge. What will something like that weigh?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow yeah we gotta see some pics of that, I spect it must be at least that high too?

cranbrook2
    Pro

It will be close to 14 ft wide , 10 ft high and weigh about 1,000 lbs .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Holy Crap, That would be big enough for me to make my own doghouse/mancave. Are you still using 1″ logs for something that big?

cranbrook2
    Pro

Holy Crap, That would be big enough for me to make my own doghouse/mancave. Are you still using 1″ logs for something that big?

Yes one inch logs for all of it .

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

Will it require ‘interior support’ of the walls?

cranbrook2
    Pro

Yes some of the structure will be done with 2×4 and 2x2s .The roof will be separate because of its size .The base alone will weigh about 400 lbs.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That kinda reminds me of one of my sheds in the backyard as far as how it’s built, This shed is an 8×12′ barn style roof that was made with scrap 2×4″. Laid down flat like logs LOL, The corners are all cut clean though. It’s about 8′ tall I’d guess at the peak, Pretty dang goofy really LOL. I didn’t build it LOL, it was built by the guy I bought the house from and he was in construction, I’m sure he got material from cut-offs on the job site, They’re all different lengths ranging from a couple foot on up. I will say one thing, It’s been there for over 20 years so I guess it’s ok. I did reshingle it about 16 years ago as the existing ones were all curled up, So that tells me it’s been there a long time…But it’s nothing to brag about LOL

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man a 12′ bird house is huge! How many birds will it house? You said by the size of the holes determines what birds live there. Will it be a one type of bird house or a mixed dwelling?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

have one on the go now that will be over 12 ft wide .

That thing will be incredible. Will it be a record size as in Guinness World Record? 1000 lbs, the owner will need a crane just to install it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

What is the Guinness Book record?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What is the Guinness Book record?

It’s a book where all the records are kept.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That thing will be incredible. Will it be a record size as in Guinness World Record? 1000 lbs, the owner will need a crane just to install it.

I did a little detective work today, I think I may have found a candidate for the largest. And it’s only about half done, This is a still pic from one of many video’s that kept coming up from the same guy in a Google search and so did BTP a few times with this thread. Congrats to that guy, I hope he doesn’t mind me posting this pic

cranbrook2
    Pro

I did a little detective work today, I think I may have found a candidate for the largest. And it’s only about half done, This is a still pic from one of many video’s that kept coming up from the same guy in a Google search and so did BTP a few times with this thread. Congrats to that guy, I hope he doesn’t mind me posting this pic

That looks kind of like one in my yard 🙂 There is no world record for the worlds largest birdhouse yet .There is a record for largest feeder . The guy who holds that record contacted me a few years ago and said I should go for the birdhouse record .

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 1,013 total)
  • The topic ‘Extreme Birdhouses’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.551 seconds