dcsimg

Extreme Birdhouses

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 1,013 total)
  • Author
    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Thanks guys ! I just noticed they sent me 2 of the same dvds πŸ™ It looks like im going to be very busy in the next month or two . The orders are already coming in .

Better send those DVDs my way, you will be to busy building birdhouses!

cranbrook2
    Pro

I might actually learn something from a few of them :-)The Roy Underhill dvds should be good to watch .

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

Your pool technique would only last 6 months in my Southern climate.
    The houses look great, I like your story.

cranbrook2
    Pro

Thank you Rob !

Mark, the pools on the roof are so neat. I wish there were purple martins where my cabin is because I would love one of those houses. I don’t think they are around. I will look into this. You just keep dazzling us with your work!

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

Roy Underhill is “the man”.
    As you get into those, share some good information that you learn with us.

cranbrook2
    Pro

Roy Underhill is β€œthe man”.
    As you get into those, share some good information that you learn with us.

I was thinking the same thing as far as sharing some info , There is a ton of it in these DVDs The Roy Underhill dvds are 6 hours each .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Roy Underhill dvds are 6 hours each .

Yeah but his shows go quick. He is very interesting to watch. He does great work using only hand or hand powered tools.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Thanks guys ! I just noticed they sent me 2 of the same dvds :-( It looks like im going to be very busy in the next month or two . The orders are already coming in .

Well, there is always Kijiji.

cranbrook2
    Pro

Thanks guys ! I just noticed they sent me 2 of the same dvds :-( It looks like im going to be very busy in the next month or two . The orders are already coming in .

Well, there is always Kijiji.

That is a great idea ! Why didn’t I think of that ? πŸ™‚

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I really like the pools too. How do you get water in them?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

The only thing different is the size of the holes , my regular houses are drilled at 1 3/8β€³ and this one the holes are 2β€³

Here is another one I am just finishing now .It is almost 5 ft wide , 19 rooms and 3 rooftop pools .

Looks like they are living the High Life! Agree with everyone else that the pools are a great idea!

A Working Pro since 2004

cranbrook2
    Pro

I really like the pools too. How do you get water in them?

The pools fill up whenever it rains .I let mother nature take care of that πŸ™‚

@cranbrook2, just investigated purple martins range and feeding habits. Contrary to popular belief they are not big mosquito eaters. They did studies to back that up. Sorry, I was going to order a purple martin house. I need you to make a bat mansion instead. πŸ™‚

cranbrook2
    Pro

I always wonder why people like purple martins so much , They are not a very friendly bird. If you stand near their house they will swoop down and try to attack you .Plus you have to clean their house every year and because of the size of their entry hole they are more prone to predators getting their babies.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@cranbrook2 Remind me again what type of metal roofing you prefer, I have some that I thought I would use but I looked at it yesterday and I don’t think I’m going to as it’s been abused a bit too much LOL. So I thought I’d go buy a sheet when the time comes. Thanks

cranbrook2
    Pro
    cranbrook2
    Pro

Here are a few more pictures with the rooftop pools done .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Super cool and Thanks for the roof info, Although I can’t find any of it around here yet but I’ll keep looking. I saw someone mentioned how big ya go earlier and it reminded me of that great big one you were working on last year, Wasn’t it something like 10′ long or so?

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 1,013 total)
  • The topic ‘Extreme Birdhouses’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.907 seconds