dcsimg

Extreme Birdhouses

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,013 total)
  • Author
    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I am just getting back into the grove of things again .Here are two 5 ft birdhouses I just did recently .They both are made from white cedar and they come with rooftop pools . This is also the very first time I have stain one of them.

redwood
    Pro

They look great John. Are those code compliant guardrails? What are the pools lined with?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Wow John that looks great! Are you just deciding to experiment with stain for the heck of it?

John S

cranbrook2
    Pro

Mark wrote:They look great John. Are those code compliant guardrails? What are the pools lined with?

The railings are 5/16″ solid steel so the birds won,t fall through that anytime soon 🙂 The pool liner is done with rolled roofing .

cranbrook2
    Pro

John S wrote:Wow John that looks great! Are you just deciding to experiment with stain for the heck of it?

Thanks John ! The guy I built it for brought me the stain so I told him I would put it on before the do the steel roof . Now that I see how they look with stain I will be doing more like that . The main thing is using stain that won,t affect the birds .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi John, Haven’t seen ya lately, Welcome back. I gotta say these are my new favorites, Super cool on the pool idea and that little ‘walkout deck’ for that one hole is cute as can be. If I was a bird that would be my room 🙂 I also noticed in that last pic it looks like you’re building something bigger, What is that? As always, Thanks for the pics

cranbrook2
    Pro

Thanks again Boyd and thanks for the welcome back . I am also working on a large birdhouse in my spare time . It will be 13 ft wide x 10 or 12 ft tall and weigh about 1,000 lbs .It will have about 300 rooms and be in 2 pieces The roof will be separate .
    It will take a few years to complete .

Attachments:
    Anonymous
    Inactive

OMG!! How cool. What are your plans for that? Will it be for sale or are you going to mount it on top of a pole in your own yard.

cranbrook2
    Pro

I am going to use it for advertising in parades for a few years .I want to have it rotate on a flatbed trailer as it moves down the road .Then I will probably donate it to a large park eventually . 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh ok, Sweet idea. Good Luck

cranbrook2
    Pro

Thanks again Boyd !

Great idea John! What parades would it be featured in you think?

John S

cranbrook2
    Pro

I am thinking of fall fair parades and Christmas parades in different towns and cities .

cranbrook2
    Pro

Here is my newest Extreme Birdhouse . Just finished it in time for the long weekend 🙂

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

John, that is incredible. I am trying to convince the lady of the house that one of your houses would look great as a centerpiece in our corner lot.

cranbrook2
    Pro

Thanks Jason , my yard is pretty well full now .Time to move 🙂

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Thanks for sharing John, they are amazing

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

John does the sky turn dark with swarms of birds since it sounds like you are running a bird hotel there.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

amazing bird houses John thanks for sharing

cranbrook2
    Pro

Thanks guys ! I have a lot more birds living here now then I did 4 years ago when I moved in .

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,013 total)
  • The topic ‘Extreme Birdhouses’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.208 seconds