dcsimg

Extreme Birdhouses , Part 4

This topic contains 575 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  r-ice 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 576 total)
  • Author

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s a nice little saw . It would be handy for a few things .
    Here is a new design I did yesterday .

That new design looks really nice John. I like the dormers.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

You are the man! I need some more metal to finish the roof . My place is closed today so I will have to try and stop there tomorrow.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Nice. Pillow block bearings
    Looks like he used some of the parts for the digital fence from a vernier
    Very nicely made.

KenW
    Pro

John, that picture of you standing in front of the birdhouse really puts things into perspective. I knew they were big.. but you are tiny standing next to it.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Easton, Pa

Here is a sliding tablesaw for fancy bird houses

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/s8_1qccQtj8?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Did you notice the arbor pulley and motor pulley are way out of alignment. Has to be hard on the belt to run it that way.

How long did it take to build that last one you posted? Looks very intricate. How many cubbies for the birds?

Just be glad that red winged blackbirds don’t take up residence, they will make you bleed from your noggin when they chase you.

It has 103 rooms and took me 2 years to build on and off .It is 9 ft wide 9 ft tall and weighs 500 lbs .

Ron once the thread gets 50 pages it starts acting up and you have to start a new thread.

Wow, that’s huge. Interesting forklift @cranbrook2. Looks like a Case 580 with a forklift on the back.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

How long did it take to build that last one you posted? Looks very intricate. How many cubbies for the birds?

Just be glad that red winged blackbirds don’t take up residence, they will make you bleed from your noggin when they chase you.

It has 103 rooms and took me 2 years to build on and off .It is 9 ft wide 9 ft tall and weighs 500 lbs .

Ron once the thread gets 50 pages it starts acting up and you have to start a new thread.

Wow, that’s huge. Interesting forklift @cranbrook2. Looks like a Case 580 with a forklift on the back.

Im not sure what model it is but it sure can lift a lot of weight . It will pick up a car or truck no problem .

cranbrook2
    Pro

Here are a couple squirrel , bird feeders I popped off yesterday afternoon .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Those look pretty nice with the colorful roofs. I can see those being big sellers.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cranbrook2
    Pro

Those look pretty nice with the colorful roofs. I can see those being big sellers.

These feeders are already sold and im getting a lot of request for plans for them .

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

These feeders are already sold and im getting a lot of request for plans for them .

those look really nice, if i just want to feed birds and not squirrels are there any preventative measures?

cranbrook2
    Pro

those look really nice, if i just want to feed birds and not squirrels are there any preventative measures?

As long as there are squirrels around it is pretty hard to feed one without the others . If I made the entrance hole smaller just for birds the squirrels would chew it big enough until they can get in .The main thing is the squirrels cant dump the food all over like the older style feeders .

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

As long as there are squirrels around it is pretty hard to feed one without the others . If I made the entrance hole smaller just for birds the squirrels would chew it big enough until they can get in .The main thing is the squirrels cant dump the food all over like the older style feeders .

yah i find usually after a few days the bird feeders i put out, about half of them are turned over with the seed all over the place.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Here is a sliding tablesaw for fancy bird houses

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/s8_1qccQtj8?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Did you notice the arbor pulley and motor pulley are way out of alignment. Has to be hard on the belt to run it that way.

I did notice that, I took a second look just in case it doesn’t the angle.
    Kinda weird.

cranbrook2
    Pro

My father built these feeders about 45 years ago , they work ok as long as they aren’t hanging , If a squirrel gets on there they can dump all the food out in less than an hour .

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Easton, Pa

That mixed bird seed grows some weird weeds ! Made the mistake of putting a feeder up for my Dad near his garden. Between the birds and squirrels scattering the seeds there was weeds like I’ve never seen before coming up all over the entire garden

Here are a couple squirrel , bird feeders I popped off yesterday afternoon .

Those look cool! Us Hawaiians always stop and take pictures of all the squirrels when we travel to the mainland. No squirrels here in Hawaii so they are a novelty to us. Crows, too. None of those here also.

We have mongoose though. Not sure if that counts.

Squirrels are pretty smart. There have been people who have built obstacle courses and they figure them out. Must be on You Tube, maybe AFV or something I saw it. They sure can be entertaining.

Loving all the houses. All the different designs and colours are great.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

My wife and I feed the squirrels in our neghbourhood. They like to come up to the window sill in the morning, sit and beg for peanuts.

They cannot get to our bird feeders as they are all protected.

This is one in the backyard.

These out front.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

We feed the birds and the squirrels.
    Since we have a bunch of pecan trees and pick up more than we can eat we feed the squirrels – it gives the dog something to do. Found a little one on the ground today, too young to be out of the nest.
    About a dozen live in the yard.
    Lots of funny Youtube videos on squirrel proof feeders.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 576 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 2.611 seconds